Me, myself and getting sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spacebebe01;1209149 wrote: I have just taken my first 10mg and that is all Im taking today, I havent got a pill cutter and seem to remember last time I started on 5mg 3 x day so I will go and get a new cutter tommorrow. This time round I intend to stay close on here and make sure I get this right, I hope I dont end up doing everybodys head in if I ask to many questions and go on too much, but there again no ones forced to read it but of course I hope you do
    Bebe, you can never ask too many questions! That's what we're here for. And I do always read it, even though you might not know it. Sometimes it might take me a couple of days...

I think you are amazing. All the stuff you've already done on your own. You've already white knuckled through weeks of quitting drinking. To be honest, I find bac (even with the SEs) to be easier than white knuckling. I would assume many of us do, that's why we decided to go this route. So, bring as many questions as you need to. I believe everyone will step up and help you along.
    This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

One other thing, starting at 15 mg and cutting up your doses is an excellent way to start. I believe this is what Dr L is doing, or at least it was when I started. It worked well.
      This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

What the hells going on, I have been awake from around 3.30am is this some sort of pc virus that gets passed on to us in real life!

Thanks for you kind words Red I really do appreciate it

Comment

Hi Space
          I was like that and god did it shit me big time but i stayed awake longer at night and seemed to work. Now i am sooooooooo tired i just sleep my 6 or 7 hours and wake up hungover free. loving it. maybe u cld walk for ten hours before sleep and wear yourself out ha ha
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

This is the first night its happend also last nigh I took first 10mg dose of bac quite late on so maybe thats why, I got to sleep great but woke up just before and that was that. Oh well, I live and learn

Comment

Space, I just break the pill in my fingers, can't you do that? I use my thumb and finger and just press along the crease.

Comment

Hi space! Just want to wish you well as you start your bac. I am wishing you good sleep tonight!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I cut the pill with a knife, 2nd day . day 1 10mg day 2 15mg in 3 doses been asleep on couch this evening other wise ok bac wise had bad tummy and threw up this afternoon but dont think it was anything to do with bac

Comment

YAY! You got your bac! I'm so glad, and that must be a huge relief. You've got a full basket of meds, and other tools right here, too. And a support system and you're reaching out. Nice job, bebe!

Have you decided on a titration schedule yet? A schedule, a pill box, and a reminder system will come in very handy.

Throwing up...isn't so good. You need your food!
                    Eyes on the goal! It's not far off, so no need to rush.
                    :l

Comment

Hey Space,

I am so glad you finally got your bac!! Let me know if you need Dr. L's titration schedule and I will PM it to you. It's a bit of a rocky road as you increase the dose, so just stick with it!!
                      Hit "the switch" at 190 mg/day on 11/10/11... Thanks to Dr. A, Dr. L, and all that have supported my journey on MWO!!:guitar1:

Comment

Oh, and I second the pill box... Bac will affect your short-term memory, so make it as easy as you can on yourself. Put an alarm on your phone for each dose.
                        Hit "the switch" at 190 mg/day on 11/10/11... Thanks to Dr. A, Dr. L, and all that have supported my journey on MWO!!:guitar1:

Comment

Thanks for the tips ne and bob, What do I need to do then, the schedule I havent got so would appreiciate it bob if you could sent me that, I do have an old pill box but will get a nnice new pink one in the ?1 shop tommorrow as the one I have pops open and drops the pills, and I hadnt thought of setting a reminder on my phone but will do that also. I realized today that I had got some cocodamol of my doc last week for headaches and was taking them without eating, pretty rough on my tum, I wont be doing that again, today after being sick I have only taken my bac and not the rest of my supps or campral I wanted to give my tum a rest. I am still unsure about taking the antabuse and campral and bac all together, I havent heard of anyone else doing this and have searched around for it, I cant find that they are conraindicated anywhere but just not sure if I should. I wont come of the antabuse right now tho because it is that thats kept me sober so far,but I could slip the pills and just take 50mg instead of 100mg, I have been told by someone else (cant remember who) that they have done this and it will still work.

Comment

great, bebe, that you got your bac! hooray! just wanted to wish you the best, and hope your knuckles soon reagain some color. i can't advise on the meds combos, since i know nothing. you'll find help to sort it out. keep us posted...

Comment

I didnt get to sleep till 5am, arrggggggggh

Comment

I am feeling ill today, I am wired and tired, and my tum is still bad, I feel sick and am bloated, dont know whether to stop all my meds until I find out what is wrong with me. I had a phone call from my doctors this morning telling me something had shown up in my blood test and I need to go in, but my doc isnt there until tomorrow so I have to wait until then to find out what I have taken 2x5mg bac today, also went and bought new pink pill box this morning when I took my son to school, am back in bed tho now so havent done anything else, my head is hurting and my neck but I still havent been able to get to sleep, just lying here feeling sick

Comment

Working...
                                X