No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - October 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I apologize for putting anything political on this forum. I should not have done it.

On to happier things................
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

TMH - have a great run. I have finally been able to start stretching & moving. It has been great.
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning everybody. When I was diagnosed with Chron's, I couldn't get an appt. with gastro man for 3 months - still waiting. I am so fatigued that the thoughts of packing, etc. made me even more tired. I decided to give the no-sugar diet a try. NS had suggested it and after my coffee yesterday I ate only protein a nibble of carbs and fruit, On Saturday I introduced l-theanine also. I woke up today feeling less bloated and, very importantly clear minded - the mental fog is gone.

I looked at the Whole30 diet and may do it later, but it's too restrictive for my current activities. I am doing the breakfast of banana, coconut chips and cashews and it seems to suit me. I feel as if I am living what the l-theanine promises, but I think the no sugar is helping tremendously. I've been struggling with decision-making and concentrating on options rather than focusing on one thing. This is a huge relief for me and I feel better prepared for the enormous tasks before me.

Have a great day everyone.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good Monday, everyone. It was a brisk (for here) 62 degrees this morning. It felt positively fall-like. When the highs are below 90 and it goes below 70 at night, I start looking forward to "windows open" weather.

Met my girlfriends cousin yesterday. She recently retired to Ocala, Florida, from New Jersey, and has a birthday coming up, so we had dim sum for lunch, then went kayaking at Silver Springs State Park, which for many years was operated as a commercial park. It's surreal to see the water park and all the attractions going to seed, but the state is just letting nature reclaim what was always rightfully hers. We looked for the monkeys (descendants of the monkeys used in the Tarzan movies filmed in the 30s at Silver Springs) but they weren't out. When I kayaked there back in August they were everywhere. Of Florida's natural artesian springs, the combined volume of the multiple springs make this the largest in the state.

The only shitty thing to happen during an otherwise great weekend is that my debit card number has apparently been ripped off. I tried buying a bag of dog food at Petsmart and it was declined. Thinking it might be a glitch in their system, I tried using it at a Walgreens to no avail. I called the bank this morning, but of course they are closed for Columbus Day, so no grocery shopping for me today, which sucks because today I actually had the time to do it. I've heard mixed reviews on chipped cards that it actually makes it easier for scumbags to steal information over wifi, whereas before, the card reader actually had to have altered software code to steal the number when the card is swiped. I'm down to my last $25 in cash, so this is a major inconvenience.

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start.
          First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Hey guys. Had to work today and I too had mondayitis. The traffic coming home was horrific! Took me close to an hour and I was grumpy and hungry when I got home. Just feeling kinda meh tonight. Not sure I'm going to survive this wedding planning.
            Skendall, glad you are feeling better.
            Aihfl, hope you get that credit card situation squared away.

Comment

Well here we are again. 12:35a. Took a sleeping pill about midnight, watching Golden Girls.
              Nora, glad to hear you are back to stretching. Moving as in walks? Turned out I walked today, will run tomorrow, well guess mean today��
              Aihfl, sorry about the debit card. Know how frustrating that can be. After recently having fraud on my cc, got flagged again last week after ordering run shoes. They wanted to know if I had indeed ordered them and said my order may have been canceled. Thinking it had, ordered again, then had to call & cancel double order. ��
              Liz, just saw joke on FB....only people happy on a Monday are called retired.
              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am in Wisconsin but away from home this week, working.

Aihfl-bummer about your debit card! Ugh! I faced a similar situation several years ago. Maddening, isn't it? It sounds like your new relationship is working out well. I am happy for you. Your day in the park with the moneys sounded really fun!

TMH-I hope you have fun on your trip. Do you often suffer from insomnia? I have had the same problem lately. Good job on intending to get back on the AF wagon. Try to string as many consecutive AF days together as you can.

Mama-please check in! We miss you!:heartbeat:

Skendall-I can appreciate the hell you are going through with Crohn's. I've had ulcerative colitis since I was 4 and my downstairs neighbor, who is 24, is on Remicade treatment for Crohn's. It's nasty! So sorry for you, but glad your change in diet is helping. NoSugar always has good advice!

Liz, honey, you will survive this wedding drama although I know it's overwhelming now. So sorry Joe's parents won't help contribute financially. I am glad CJ said NO BUENO to the Memorial Day venue for 200 people. It almost sounds like Joe's parents are punishing him for dropping out of med school. My sister's good friend's parents pushed her into med school, and she went, and became a doctor...hating it the whole time. She got married to a doctor and then she quit shortly after her son was born. Her parents never forgave her for that and they wouldn't speak to her for a long time because they paid for med school. Sad, isn't it? I feel for you! You asked me what I ate last Friday...hahah....chicken salad at lunch and chicken marsala at dinner. It's funny. For many years, when I went out to lunch with my friends, I had to have my Chardonnay. I find I am just as happy with ice tea and I don't get tired in the afternoon. My friends are moderate drinkers but they also find, as they have gotten older, that drinking at lunch (moderately) doesn't work for them either anymore. It's nice to have kindred spirits in that department.

Hey Pauly-did you get all your Halloween decorations up?

Nora-I know you want to work from home so why not be a Virtual Assistant? My consultant friend used one but this "virtual assistant" was from India and the language barrier was impossible. I think you would be great at it. I think the website is girlfriday.com.

Well, I better get to the gym. Have a great Tuesday, everyone!!

Comment

TMH, I am usually off on Mondays, so normally I love Mondays. Had to cover Ann yesterday. I find the older I get the more set in my ways I am. I am off today, though.
                  I also had trouble sleeping and I know how that can be. At least you don't need to get up for work early. Thankfully my insomnia seems to have passed for now. I did wake up with a headache, though. A little caffeine and already feeling better.

Rusty. Always the ray of sunshine in our little group! Love it when you post! Seriously, do you ever have a down day? Thanks for your wise words. Thinking about your travels, do you ever end up on the east coast? Just wondering how you get your client base? Referrals? Sorry if I'm prying to much. Just wondering how that works. Have you worn your new booties yet? I'm still wearing flip flops! Today's outfit, sweater, jeans and flip flops! Love it.

Checking out two venues tonight with CJ and Joe. She didn't want me to come. Said her and Joe would check them out and take us back to the one they like. Oh yeah, mommy had a fit! Really? Joe feels like if mom and dad are there, they will jack up the price. I calmly explained that dad and I will be signing the contract, therefore we will be in on the process.
                  We shall see how this pans out tonight. Thanks for letting me continue to vent. Must admit, I had the thought of drinking yesterday, but quickly dispelled it.

Hope you all have a great AF Tuesday!

Comment

Hope everyone has a nice day
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone. It was great to hear from you Rusty. :hug: I have been missing you!

aihfl - I hope that you get all that straightened out today. I had the same thing happen one time.

Liz - good job on not drinking! I'm glad you are going tonight - I think they are more inclined to take advantage of younger people that don't have as much experience.

Pauly - how are you doing?

Hope that everyone has a fantastic day!!!!
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SK - so glad that you are getting some relief. Just can't believe how much difference a change in diet will make. I know I need to do that and I'm sure it would help a lot!
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

MAE, Liz, looks as if you are setting your boundaries now and it looks as if you need to.

Rusty, great to hear from you.

Busy day, so hello everyone and have a great day.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hey guys. Hope everyone is doing ok. I really miss mama. Hope she's ok. Nora, never thought of it that way, the kids being taken advantage of. Good point. It all went very well tonight. Joe definitely observed those boundaries I think he really had his heart set on this one particular place, it was absolutely gorgeous. The price was way up there as well. He admitted that it was outrageous. Anyway we have narrowed down our choices. CJ will see what her Hilton will do for her and take it from there.
                            Hubby is still pretty sick and now we think he has pink eye. My son has a sore throat too. This is definitely making it's way around our house.
                            Anyway just a quick check in to let you know how we made out.

Comment

Good morning everyone. We're still enjoying fall-like weather here in Central Florida. I went on a ride yesterday with my cycling group. Although the return was through a chilly drizzle, but it was a welcome change from our violent summer thunderstorms since it made it feel a bit more like autumn, especially soaking in a hot bath afterwards to warm back up.

The debit card issue has been straightened out (the bank said it had been reported as lost, which is really weird), however I'm still dealing with all the fallout from it. I have all my bills on autopay so now I have to go in and reenter the new card number all the places I use it to pay bills. Ugh.

Reading about all the wedding planning brought to mind a number of years ago a list I read called "Best Reasons to be a Man" or something like that and, "Wedding plans make themselves," was on the list. Made me laugh. I know that was mostly the case with me but maybe I shouldn't confess that lol.

Anyway, I'm only working a half day today, so I'll be off running errands and grocery shopping afterwards. My new gf is originally from Southern California and has taught me the charms of Trader Joe's. I haven't abandoned Publix entirely though as Trader Joe's doesn't have a pharmacy. I also have a new Whole (Paycheck) Foods opening up near me sometime in the next month or two as well.

Have a great day everyone.
                              First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Hey guys quick check in from work. Slow day at work, yay!
                                Aihfl I love Whole Foods! I sometimes buy finished dinners there. Pretty darn good. Trader Joes is a little far for me. Kind of a treat when I do go.

Nora, you've been a little quiet, are you doing ok?

Comment

Working...
                                X