No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - October 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone! Thanks for concern. Live in SW Fl so we were not affected much. Both dh & I played golf with our groups on Thurs, then had company for dinner that night. Watched the Weather Ch a lot. I worry that they make it out to be worse than it is and then next time people won't heed the warnings. Not that some did get hit pretty hard, just thankful wasn't worse.
    Sorry to hear about Mama's roof. And Pauly hope you are better today.
    We are watching MN Gophers playing IA Hawkeyes. Long time rivals. About 50 deg in MN. We are heading there this Thurs for my class reunion. Will get to see the fall colors.

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Pauly - how are you doing today? I hope you are feeling better. I am scared of the dentist. I was asleep when I had my wisdom teeth pulled.

Rusty - sounds like you had a fun day. What's on the agenda for today?

I am having an absolutely lazy day again. I feel like such a slob compared to all of you. Well, I guess I am a slob that's why I feel like one.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I was going thru my Amazon wish list. You would not even believe the number of books on - 'no drinking, moderation, alcohol abuse'. I am also going thru and deleting old e-mails. I'm rereading some of them from Belle-Tired of Thinking About Drinking. So many of them really hit home. Sigh...
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Another busy day wedding planning. Chelsea bought her dress today! It was the first one she tried on at this store and she actually got teary. Chelsea doesn't often get teary. She did try others on, but she knew this was the one. It's absolutely stunning! Lace with just a little bit of added bling on the sash. Then we went on to purchase vases for the center pieces for the engagement party. Found some beautiful square ones at the goodwill store! Picked up a few other odds and ends for the party too.
          Made some homemade chicken soup for hubby, poor thing.

TMH, thanks for checking in. Glad that you guys faired well during the storm. We have friends in South Carolina and they had some damage to their roof and siding. All things considered not too bad,

Nora, I hope you can prove that you are completing things. That's just so unfair. Is she trying to change the way things are done and that's why she's not happy? At some point you'd think she would realize it's not everyone else, but her. That's a tough thing to have to deal with on a daily basis. Sending positive vibes your way.

I'm not sure what is up with joes parents. His mom told joe that she is helping his sister through med school and doesn't have the money to put toward the wedding. Meanwhile she went to a venue to inquire if Memorial Day is available for 200 people. Really? CJ found out after the fact. She told joe, not happening, her wedding, her decision especially since we will pay for the reception. Part of me thinks joes dad won't help out because joe didn't want to finish medical school, which they paid for and strongly pushed him to go to. Joe is happier working construction/welding then he ever was in med school. He hated it, but his father values higher education then his kids happiness. And that's that. It's sad because joe just really seeks his dad's approval.
          And like you Nora, thank you for letting me vent! Off to read a bit and clear my mind.

Comment

What a beautiful story about CJ tearing it up. Made me teary.
            I am really sorry about Joe's dad. That is sad for Joe to try to be earning approval.
            I'm off to read a bit myself.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh - does anyone follow Celeste Barber? She is hilarious. She reenacts poses & things from models, celebrities. I just laugh so hard at times -she is so real.

Celeste Barber
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

OMG Nora! Thanks for the laugh! Happy Sunday everyone.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Slept in until around 8:00. Went grocery shopping and now I'm hanging out.

How is everyone doing today? Pauly - how are you feeling? Looks like Mama's roof is ok. I haven't talked to her though.

I just watched the first episode of Season 2 of Grace & Frankie. Taking a break because I was crying. :rotlf:

I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

What's Grace and Frankie Nora? Just been hanging out with Louie all day,hubs is on call so he's been pretty much working all day,which is kinda depressing, he's all grumpy too cuz Planet fitness charged his card twice, hate dealing with grumps! Probably watch the debate later but at this point I don't care anymore who gets elected I just want it over haha,hope everyone is having a nice afternoon
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

It's a show on Neflix - Jane Fonda & Lily Tomlin. I love it.

I've been watching periscope & youtube video of Desert Trip 'Oldchela'. I wish that I could have gone. Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Paul McCartney. My boss is there.
                      Last edited by NoraC; October 10, 2016, 10:51 AM. Reason: should not have posted politics on this forum.....I am sorry
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh my gosh - the next debate is going to be in your neck of the woods, Pauly!
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning everyone. Have a great day.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

You too Nora,have a bit of Mondayitis,not super bad just sorta meh, Kellie has anxiety again, it's crazy cuz when she had those pregnancy hormones running through her she was fine,now she's feeling like she's back to feeling jittery, I think she inherited my effed up hormones spaghetti sauce in the crock pot for dinner, I love it cuz it's just so darn easy,much love to all and I hope we all have a great AF Monday
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I have mondayitis too. :egad::egad:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello ~ slept in this morning. Beautiful sunny day, humidity has dropped, dressed to go for a run in a bit.
                                Liz, may have missed it, but is the wedding date set? Saw something about Memorial Day. We got married on May 31 and people said to me, oh, Memorial Day weekend. Ah no, I wouldn't do that to people. When you live in MN, everyone looks forward to that 1st holiday weekend after a long winter. Just how I felt at the time
                                Nora, surprised about your admission. Ok, shouldn't go there.
                                Ready to get back on board with AF days. Want to feel good this week as I pack and do last minute things to get ready for trip.
                                Hope you all have a great Monday!
                                The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Working...
                                X