Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need a Buddy!

Hey Newbies,

I'm in the market for a nondrinking support e-buddy. After reading Noelle's recent WTF post, it seems like a great idea.

SO--

I will promise to hold you to your drinking goal and help encourage you to meet it, if you will do the same for me.

I guess this would mean at the least just a daily check in on how things are going (even if crappy), but you can PM me anytime.

Send me a Private Message if you're into it-- and want/need a comrade in this quest.

eace:

Groovychick
    Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
    Talent will not-- nothing is more common than
    unsuccessful people with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
    Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
    The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve
    the problems of the human race.
    -- Calvin Coolidge

I Need a Buddy!

as you know - just PM'd you!

-N

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

Great idea!
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

Dear GroovyChick - good luck to you all and all your partners!!! The buddy system is a great idea.
        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

Hi Groovychick! Hi Noella! How did you do yesterday and what are your goals for today?

For me, My biggest goal yesterday was to make it an AF day for 2 in a row, and that mission was accomplished. I took all the supplements as scheduled, and with a couple of minor mishaps, got the CD listening in. I also managed to eat low carb. For now I'm just focusing on eating foods that are on my "OK to eat" list, and NOT eating other stuff. I'll worry about portion controls later if I need to.

Goals for Friday the 13th:

1. I choose Freedom for today, and pledge not to drink alcohol - not one drop.
          2. I will listen to the Hypno CD track 2, Subliminal, and Sleep Learning today.
          3. I will take the supplements on schedule. (on track so far!)
          4. I will eat only low carb foods on my "ok" list.
          5. I choose Freedom again for today by pledging not to smoke. Not One Puff Ever. (N.O.P.E. from Quit Smoking All Together with QuitNet.com - Stop Smoking Help and Cessation Support)

So...I'm going for Day 3 - one second, one minute, one hour at a time.

OK you two and anyone else who wants to join in.....

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

Heya! Goals for Fri 13

Yikes! Friday the 13th?!?!

My goals for today:
            1) to go AF
            2) to hit the gym and put some tread on my sneakers
            3) to be GLAD I'm making this choice rather than feeling like I'm missing something.
            4) to steer clear of black cats and stepping on cracks

Have a great day!

talk to you later!
            GC
            -- Calvin Coolidge

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

Hello again all, I've been missing in action for a few weeks manufacturing hangovers and I'm sick of it and sick of myself. Today is day 1 again. I'm back on the supps and am just trying to get through the day. I would love to be a nondrinking support e-buddy.

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

GC I like your "be GLAD" goal and of course got a good laugh about your Friday the 13th goal!!!

Chief, you can make it through today. WE CAN DO THIS.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

well.

my first goal was to eat healthy, and that hasn't worked so far (although I did have a salad with lunch - along with mac & cheese and the "to go" egg sandwich I had for breakfast) :damn:

Still have time for the rest of my goals...

go for a run
                  finish the laundry I started
                  finish at least 2 more pages of the report I'm working on
                  finish my 3rd day AF
                  spend 15 minutes tidying the house
                  NOT obsess about the fact none of my summer clothes from last year fit and focus on the fact that I'm starting to reverse the weight gain trend.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

-N

try to find the good luck that must be balancing all the bad luck people say is out there today! :H

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

Noella, are you a Flylady person by chance? I ask because of the 15 minute tidy the house goal. (all of your goals are awesome by the way! And I'm quite positive that the salad completely negated any other stuff you ate that you didn't intend to! )

I love the Flylady concept for house work. My problem is implementation. Based on 15 minutes per day, I am about 395749574090 minutes behind schedule right now.

See you all tomorrow!!

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

I heart FlyLady!!!

:h :happy: :yougo:

A friend pointed the site out - just getting started, but I think it's going to be very useful.

For anyone (like me) who is WAY behind on getting your house straightened up, check out FlyLady.net: Your personal online coach to help you gain control of your house and home - it's great!

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

cool site!

That should give me something to think about except the fact that I'm not drinking.

Anyone else have this experience? It seems to be all that's on my mind.
                        -- Calvin Coolidge

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

Doggygirl;163091 wrote: Goals for Friday the 13th:

1. I choose Freedom for today, and pledge not to drink alcohol - not one drop.
                          2. I will listen to the Hypno CD track 2, Subliminal, and Sleep Learning today.
                          3. I will take the supplements on schedule. (on track so far!)
                          4. I will eat only low carb foods on my "ok" list.
                          5. I choose Freedom again for today by pledging not to smoke. Not One Puff Ever. (N.O.P.E. from Quit Smoking All Together with QuitNet.com - Stop Smoking Help and Cessation Support)
                          DG
                          Report for 7/13 goals is mixed, but my most important goals to not drink and not smoke were met! So I happily take my gold stars for those 2.

I succumbed last night to gummy fish. I KNOW I already have some blood sugar issues, so it really is important that I eat low carb. So my learning experience from that is NO MORE GUMMY FISH IN THE HOUSE!!! How pathetic is this. I haven't had to pour out the liquor, suprisingly. (but if I find I need to, I will!) But I MUST get the damn gummy fish outa here.

I am truly dog tired from not sleeping well the first 2 nights. By about 4PM yesterday (which interestingly, coincides with when I finished my last drink on 7/10 - so right at 72 hours AF) I was really feeling loopy. Like Topa Dopa even though for now I'm Topa Nopa. I was mixing up words and stuff. I hope this passes and is just a function of being so tired - not anything else like withdrawl related, etc. that I should be real concerned about. I feel much better this AM.

Did all my supplements, but only the Sleep Learning for Hypnosis.

Goals for 7/14:

1. No smoking
                          2. No drinking alcohol (it's dog training day, so will be my first time in....centuries? not drinking while I'm around people who are. At least I'm at home where if I need to "disappear" Mr. Doggy knows the scoop and will support me - I won't be "stuck" if it's too hard) wish me luck with this one!
                          3. Eat low carb and throw away rest of gummy fish.
                          4. Do hypnosis track 2 - that's really a must for today since it was skipped yesterday.
                          5. Supps on schedule - should tell Mr. Doggy to remind me as with dog training I sometimes lose track of time.

OK campers!!! How is everyone else doing??? What are your goals today???

Noella, the one part of Flylady that I have been consistent with is keeping my sink clean. That has been a HUGE help with keeping my kitchen presentable. Well, except for scrubbing the floor which is why I opted for darker tile when we remodelled. I really need to get back after the flylady. GC and Noella, will you both nag me about that starting Monday???

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

"Based on 15 minutes per day, I am about 395749574090 minutes behind schedule right now"
                            "You are not behind! I don't want you to try to catch up; I just want you to jump in where we are. O.K.? "Remember?:H LOL!!!

Nice to meet a fellow flybaby and MWO-er. :welcome:
                            Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

afternoon all! Sorry I went MIA - been a busy weekend.

Groovy chick - I feel the same way! Everything seems to be taking longer b/c I'm having a hard time focusing on anything around the voice in my head that seems to be chanting "wine wine wine wine...now now now now". Things are going well though... have stayed AF so far, and as I have a busy Monday ahead of me, the fact that I CAN'T be hung over tomorrow is helping quite a bit.

DG - how'd training go? What type of dog(s) do you have and what training do you guys go through? LOL about the shiny sink and the floor! right there with you.

As for Fly Lady - we could always add the daily task into our goals!

Comment

Working...
                              X