Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need a Buddy!

"wine wine wine wine...now now now now"

Hey-- we have the same voice in our heads!?!

That's exactly what mine says.

Sometimes it says, Cab Cab Cab, Now Now Now....other times its, Zin Zin Zin, Now Now Now.

Depends on the state of the rack.

It is blissfully empty at present.

Therefore the incantation is just the general 'wine' rather than the variety.
    Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
    Talent will not-- nothing is more common than
    unsuccessful people with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
    Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
    The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve
    the problems of the human race.
    -- Calvin Coolidge

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

Hi all. Amethyst & Noella, I promise myself to go to the Flylady site today, and figure out at least ONE high impact thing to do today. I know I will feel much better about myself as it relates to my home if I do that. Thank you!

Noella, first off, congrats on staying AF!!!!!! Awesome, just awesome!!

Me and Mr. Doggy have 4 dogs - a Mutt who is just a rescued princess, a rescued Beagle who is loud and has the stinkiest farts I've ever smelled, but he IS momma's boy, and 2 German Shepherds - my avatar is a grainy version of what is actually a good head shot photo of our female. We train the Shepherds in Schutzhund which most folks in the US anyway have never heard of - it entails tracking, obedience and protection work. I bet some of the folks from UK and other countries in Europe, etc. might be familiar. Anyway, we have a very experienced helper / trainer who comes to our place each Saturday, and a whole group of people besides ourselves who come here to train. Mr. Doggy handles both of our Shepherds for the training, and I do the organizing - keeping track of who is here, and what order everyone is going in, and also enforcing the people rules for all of the adult two legged male children that come here. Usually I am sneakin' drinks all morning (ya, I'm sure nobody noticed ever) and then opening drinking after 11AM. It felt really good on Saturday to do it AF, and I actually had FUN laughing and joking rather than feeling half angry like I had on previous Saturdays because I couldn't smoke any more (quit that 4.5 months ago) and just wanted to drink and I resented having to either not do it, or do it in rebellion. It was LIBERATING!!!!

GEEZ I need to learn how to make a long story short. Thank you everyone for your patience with my long posts. Anyone who makes it to the end gets a gold star.

I guess the voice in my head today is saying "post post post post post." Thank you in advance for indulging me as that is MUCH better than "voddy voddy voddy voddy voddy" which is really not in my head at all today. I can even type it, and think of it, without wanting to drink it. Now THAT is SOMETHING!!

DG
      Day 6 AF******
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I Need a Buddy!

DG - you go to the flylady site today? (hee hee hee) Believe it or not, I actually have heard of that type of training - a friend is a cop who told me about the K-9 training they do. It's so amazing how intelligent dogs are (not that I don't think my kitties aren't brilliant or anything)

ok - off o do my 15 min of cleaning then to soak my body (spent WAY to long at the gym to beat cravings)

have agood night!

~N

Comment

Working...
        X