Not doing well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not doing well

I haven't had a death in my famiy like (((Janice))) but I have been having such trouble with depression lately. I don't want to go to work, heck, I don't want to get out of bed and I'm putting minimal effort here. Luckily, I've been doing my job for a loooong time and can do it with little effort.

Effort, that's the thing that is soo hard. Everything seems to take such immense effort. Getting up, deciding what to wear, deciding if I want to eat.....one positive thing is I've lost 12 pounds due to no appetite. Lucky I'm married, he makes sure I eat something because I just don't feel like it, but I want him to eat.

Drinking lots, although even getting the beer seems like a lot of work:H But, I do seem to make that effort.

Going to the doc today. I can't seem to drag myself up by my bootstraps (actually I don't have bootstraps on my boots), but if I did I couldn't , so am going to ask for a different anti-depressant or an increase on the one I'm on.....and have run out of several days ago.

I know drinking is a depressant, I know it's the worse thing I could do as depressed as I am, but somehow I can't seem to give a sh*t.

And to Idiot Wind that says yeah we are depressing at times, yup, I am now. But my cyber-friends here know I can be darn fun too. Wish I was feeling that way.:boohoo:

Not doing well

Hart, I am sorry you feel so down. I know exactly how you feel. And yes, alcohol is a depressant but sometimes in the short-term it seems the easiest solution. But we know it isn't the smart solution. I hope you start feeling better. :l
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Not doing well

Thanx Lushy:l back atcha

Comment

Not doing well

((((Hart)))) I hope the doctor has some practical ideas regarding a change for the better in the meds. Keep us posted OK? I have no advice but do know how it sucks to feel so horribly blah and lifeless. I will be thinking of you and trying my best to send positive vibes your way while I've got some to spare. (may not always be the case!)

More ((((Hart)))))

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Not doing well

Hart, I'm so sorry you are feeling down. Sounds like clinical depression, but alcohol exhibits the same signs long term. I hope the doctor can help you.

I started lithium orotate several days ago and I certainly feel better.

Hugs to you, my friend. :l
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Not doing well

Sorry Hart your feelin like crap. It only makes it worse when you run out of your anti-depressants. (dont just stop takin em like that silly) Sometimes just a switch can help. I gotta say the topa really helped stabalize my moods in addition to my prozac.

Sure hope you get ta feelin better. Hard to see you feelin so down.

smiles and hugs to you...
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Not doing well

Hart, do you want to borrow my BB avatars???

Love ya girl, keep your chin up ..........

Hugs, BB xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Not doing well

Hi Hart,
                Sorry your feeling bad.

I wish you well

Comment

Not doing well

Hi Hart,
                  Thinking of you. You are not alone, we are here for you.
                  Take care.
                  Wish I could find something 'magical' to say to you.
                  Butterfly

Comment

Not doing well

Hart, I hope the Doc. can help, your smart for going!!!!

Take care and thinking of you!!
                    Sammys

Comment

Not doing well

(((DoggyG, More2, Skendall, Gabby, BB, Popeye, Butterfly, Sammy)))

Thanx all. Funny a gf just called crying. So I talked w/her about 15 minutes. Maybe there is something in the air?

No, you r Betty Boop on here, hon, all my friends know I luv BB too and my car is an embarrassment for my hubby to drive w/all the BB stuff on it.

I'm gonna ask the doc about the Lithium Orotate, and if he said it's okay w/my other meds, I'll buy it tonite.

What a great sense of family and support you all provide. Helps a lot.:thanks:

Comment

Not doing well

Hart, I hope you start feeling better soon, I am sorry you are feeling so down and sad.

Sending you hugs!!
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Not doing well

***warning to hart*** the following shall be an attempt to make you crack a smile. I was having an exchange earlier today with my quit smoking buds and the subject of "is there something in the air???" did come up. But it wasn't "something in the air" about girlfriends being sad. But I'm pretty sure the "air" is different in the ex-smoking community...ya know....probably still some of that stale air around and all that.

What DOES seem to be in the air amongst my friends there is Hair Balls. Yep. The kind that kitties of all ages and sizes know how to stregically place on your carpet, your shoes, your bed, etc. Now I don't have any cats these days, but I started out as a cat person and I haven't forgotten the hair ball thing - even through many years of drinking. Now this is how I know FOR SURE that somewhere, Hair Balls are in the air. Sometime last night while I was thankfully, and finally SLEEPING, my BEAGLE arfed up a nice big Hair Ball. A DOG????? And it was even stregically place RIGHT in front of the bathroom doorway, ripe for stepping in since it was dark when I got up. Go figure. But that's my proof that Hair Balls are in the air today.

Watch your step....

(if that didn't make you crack a smile then you can spank me good. And truly...you CANNOT make this shit up.)

(((((hart)))))

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Not doing well

(((Beaches, Doggy G)))

Thanx. I have to admit DG that your story did NOT make me smile. Having had cats all my life, having 3 now and one dog, your story is all too familiar. But what did cause my brow to raise was your desire to be spanked by me, a woman. Is this a new facet of your personality or have you been keeping in the closet about this?:H

Comment

Not doing well

I KNEW I could make you smile!!!! I guess I will have to revise the invitations I give for people to punish me. Maybe I should say "if I have offended you, you can take a 5 pound chunk out of my a$$." I would then only have to offend a total of 10 people to achieve my weight loss goal. Hmmmm.....

The time until your pending doctor appointment will pass at the same speed whether you laugh or cry.

More (((((hart)))))

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X