Wed. - Jan. 23 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must rush this but just wanted to get it started. Today I will not be drinking. Mary

PS: No matter what!
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Mary,

I said that yesterday and then got drunk!! Today I will not drink alcohol and I will do it one hour at a time.

Please have a great day, everyone. I need one, too.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Mary, Cindi, and all who will follow.

Here is to an AF day!

We CAN do this,

love and hugs,
      K
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Hi everyone

Today's another day Cindi and every day AF we get under our belt counts. You have been doing brillantly, stay stong. The important thing is to keep coming back and logging on and gaining strength from the support you will receive.

Rustop

Comment

Hi everyone, I do not intend to drink today, my time is 14.30, and I haven't had any cravings for quite some time, thank god!. Sorry Cindi, have you any ideas what triggered
          your relapse ? you have been doing so well. You have proved that you can do it.
          I found a copy of the AA book Living Sober, I know a lot of people don't like AA, but I
          found this book very helpful.
          Love Paula.

Comment

(((Mary, Cindi, keeta, Rustop, Paula)))

I'm with u Cindi. This is Day 1 AF for me too. We can do it together.:l

Comment

Hello, my friend!

Cindi, hart... We are here for you. You can get over this hump. Take some time for yourself today, be kind. Don't get caught up in guilt as it can be a trigger. Shake it off and get to day 2.. You can do this, we are here for you 1 gazillion percent!!!!!!!

Mary, keeta, Rustop, Paula.. have a wonderful day.

Today I will not drink, either!

xoxoxoxxoxox

MM
              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I'm back & want to let you all know what's happening. This past weekend's drinking was not a little blip. It was a relapse, & I also relapsed yesterday. I got into all the accompanying insanity:
                -trying to act normal.
                -replacing acohol.
                -disposing of bottles.

It only takes one sip for me to get into it all over again. I don't want my life like that...I've now experienced sobriety. My life is far from perfect...I have all the complications everyone else in the world has...but I only make everything much, much worse when I drink. The blotting out of the troubles is so temporary as to seem non-existent. What I'm left with is the sense of self-loathing that I thought I'd left behind.

Today, I will not drink. I won't think about tomorrow. I just have to worry about setting my life up today so that I do not drink. Good luck everyone.

I'm sorry if I've shaken anyone's resolve. The 100+ days of sobriety I had did not insulate me from my next drink. If you are feeling complacent...don't. Perhaps that's what happened to me. I'm not even sure at this point. I just want to regain my equilibrium & do the one day at a time non-drinking schedule. Love, Mary
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary...

Thank you again for your honesty. It takes so much, I don't know if I could be so honest right away. I know that self-loathing and it would hold onto me like a vice! So much so I didn't think I deserved the support of you guys. Just putting that out there means you have grown so much, please know that! Even if you don't see it today, I can see how much you have grown! This will pass, your resolve is very strong. This bout with AL is not as strong as you are, Mary. You did this one day at a time, and that's all we have anyway. A perfect plan!!

We are here for you just as you have been here for all of us. Without limits!

All my love,

MM
                  Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

MM: I again have tears in my eyes, because it is hard for me to come here & explain & feel deserving of the support. But if I didn't, I would have no hope at all. None! I have to get right back into it the best I can. Thank you very much. M
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

wonderful Wednesday Aberoonies!

Mary, sorry you are in a painful place....hugs for you dear XXXXXXXX.
                      I had one beer last night. I won't go on about that but I won't be drinking today and I'm feeling totally fine about things.
                      I got my essential oils kit from young living last night so I'm learning up on all kinds of interesting things now. and enjoying my new antioxidant drink NingXia red. amazing stuff. I'll post more on the holistic healing section.

ok everyone...put on your war face! this is our lives we are fighting for!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mary,

I am here with you every step of the way.

No. Doesn't matter how long we go without drinking, it does matter when we do drink because it hurts us so much.

Every day sober is an awesome day. Worthy of respect and happiness.

Our drinking days are behind us. Those days we "slip" or "relapse" are miniscule.

We have lots of sober days ahead of us.

Let's enjoy the sober days and let the "lapses, slips, whatever" just fade away...

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Det,

Yes, This is our lives we are fighting for!!!!!

How true.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi: Thank you. I know your life has similar circumstances: grown children w/baggage, grandchildren, spouses, etc. I want to walk through life w/clarity. I don't have to numb out. Mary
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary,

Yes, we have similar lives and the same problem.

I hate the problem and so do you.

Darn. Let's get this problem behind us and work on the rest.

We can do this.

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X