Wed. - Jan. 23 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, just want to say its good to be back here with all of you. Mary, please don't beat yourself up. I have just "crept" back after fooling myself that "I don't have a drink problem". The thing is Mary you don't creep back......you are here no matter how its going, good or bad days, sobriety or drinking, you are here and are open and honest about your drinking. You can do it again Mary.

Janicexx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Janice,

So can you. :l :l

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I know I can't stay away. That's a sure trip back into the pit. I don't want that. M
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary,

I sure hope you never stay away. Just like me, MWO helps. Hugely. Without my friends here, I would be in the abyss.

Please stay here. You are such a good person. Your drinking does not define you. You define you and there are few in life I have met who are as good as you!!! (Read that GOOD AS YOU!!)

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Mary: You "found me" my first day on this site, and suggested ODAT. I found/find your posts very accepting and encouraging, I was thrilled when you hit 100 days, but missed you just after that. Just seeing your lemon avatar gives me peace.

All this to say I am sorry that you are in a tough space right now, but want you to know how much I respect you. You're the person I think about when I want a drink and don't take it. I have not been fully successful in my goal for January, but have made much progress. and I wanted you to know that you are important to me.

Fondly,
            G

Comment

Cindi: Thank you so much.

G: You help me as much as I help you.

Love, Mary

PS: I don't care if this all sounds like a goofy love-in. I'm in need.
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Retteacher theres nothing goofy about you. Some people find it hard to reach out so these open talks help everyone here.:thanks: :l
                A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

Hi everyone. Mary, Cindi, good to see you with new resolve. I know you will win this fight.

Sitting here feeling sort of ashamed of myself. I am so stressed out about this move, and the fact that our old place hasn't sold, (well, we've got a conditional offer, nothing concrete yet) and the $ implications, that I went out to the garage last night, where the liquor was still sitting from our party last weekend, and helped myself to the vodka. I fool myself sometimes thinking that I am moderating, but stress is definitely my trigger - and yesterday was a bad day.

Would be so much easier for me if my hubby didn't drink. I am almost more afraid of losing him because I am not drinking than I am of drinking. So many people on these boards say their husbands don't like it when their wives drink. My husband would really miss me not drinking. But I know the balance has to shift here, and I just have to go AF, no matter what. He truly doesn't understand what a big deal it is for me, and thinks I should be able to have a "few". And sometimes I can, but in truth, it's like playing with firecrackers. Not recommended. And at the same time, I have this little voice inside my head telling me if I just try harder, I can still do moderating. It's like living a nightmare.

So, I am trying now to fing the strength to stick to my resolve not to drink at all. Wish me luck.
                  The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Love in, Smove in.....

What's important is you two are both back on the wagon and gonna put this behind you...

Don

Comment

Chief: That's a fact. M
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary, Cindy & all others here looking for the AF day today, I'm with you. You and we can do it.

July

Comment

Hear, hear!! Nothing goofy about love in my opinion. I wish there were more of it in this world. I'm glad that we're all here for each other.

Mary, your honesty is so refreshing--I applaud you once again.

All of this is very reassuring to me that if I ever slip (hopefully I won't), I will have a loving place to come and pour my heart out.

Love and hugs,:l

Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Mary,

You know, honesty is the only thing that will beat this addiction.

It is the only real weapon we have.

Once we start trying to fool others, and ultimately, ourselves, we are headed back to "the pit".

I know you WILL succeed - because you have the honesty to come back here and tell it like it is.

Love :l

Satori

xxx
                            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

YoungAtHeart;260261 wrote: Hear, hear!! Nothing goofy about love in my opinion. I wish there were more of it in this world. ....

Love and hugs,:l

Kathy
                              I'm with you there Kathy - far too many people out there who only think about themselves - and to hell with everyone else.

(Hows your shoulder by the way? )

Love

Satori

xxx
                              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Satori, you are so sweet to remember my shoulder. It is doing so much better. Only hurts occasionally now. Unfortunately, NOW it's my right wrist that I sprained overcompensating for the left, blah, blah, blah.....am I falling apart or what??:wahh: :bang I will, however, persevere!
                                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X