Newbies in Need - ODAT for Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So excited that I can start this thread today. This week has been an emotional roller coaster for me.

We learned yesterday that our department is staying put. Not moving to another state (it had been in the planning for 2 years, we were supposed to move in 3 months). This had been a big trigger point for me. Lots of cheers, tears, families did not want to be uprooted.

Fortunately, I do not have to look for another job, hard at my age. Fortunately AL has been no where in sight.

Don't know if anyone reads their horoscopes, but...."boothstars.com" from a Toronto paper is unbelievable.

My best to all who stop here today. Like many of you, this has become my lifeline.

xxxxx

:goodjob: Suki fantastic you know how much we have all been hoping that things start getting better for you.:dancin: We will hold a party in your Honor BIG AL not invited of course :H

Everyone else have a good day

Best wishes

Sweetpea x
    :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Suki,

My heart is actually singing for you right now!! This is wonderful news. No more worrying about work. Now you can concentrate on getting the estate settled and done. All of that out of your life. How wonderful. :l Then, please let what is important, YOU, become the focal point of your life.

Sweetpea,

Everyday you post and send love and care to everyone else. Here is some love and care back at you. :h

Remember, you, too count and you, too, need to take care of yourself. Life is short. Make it count. Your life is special. I think so, anyway..

RU

I am on the Lent AF with you. You have done MAGNIFICENTLY this month and I want to be right with you for the next trip. Yes, I know you have a few days coming up where you are going to drink but come Lent, we are AF!! For us, for HIM for the happiness of life.

Mary,

Walking the AF ODAT path with you. You are one of my closest and dearest friends here. You understand and know what "we" are going through. Let's do this together. Holding hands, loving grandchildren and enjoying life sober and clear.

All ODATers to come.

Remember, it is simply one day at a time. One day. Period.

We can do one day. Let's do today together.

Love and strength to all,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Yes,You lovely ODAT'mers!
        Wishing you the very best for today.Don't always post on here,but always read.Think its a great thread.Heres my support to you all. xx

Comment

Suki. I do read my horoscopes, but I do believe that the right things happen at the right time, I prayed for peace and closure for you and I hope that is now what you feel you have.
          Hi Sweetpea I am on my way to the party!
          ODAT Yep go along with that Cindi.
          With you today ,already filled out my yellow 0 for today on drinktracker. Felt a bit lonely was the first name!

Take care

Eastx
          In life we can live out our dreams its true
          the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Good morning everyone

Thanks for starting the thread this morning Suki. Delighted that things are going good for you.

Just back from a lovely walk in the woods, there was a light fall of snow yesterday and the mountains looked just beautiful. As one of my friends said, it makes you glad to be alive.

Somebody mentioned signing up for the AF Lent yesterday. I dont know about starting another thread, maybe we can catch up with each other here on this one and support one another as always. I find if there are too many threads I cannot keep up with them all especially at week-ends. However, maybe thats just me. Regardless of what I am going for, 30 days or lent I'll do it ODAT and this is the first thread I log into.

Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Hello all,
              Suki that is great. RU so want to be in the woods still dark here then off to work. tomorrow. cindi, its always good to see your posts, sweetpea and eastender hello!!!!
              Not doing so well with AL.But I am here.
              rudemama

Comment

Good news Suki!! Hope your next week will be more like a ferris wheel... gently lifting you up to see more cheerful surroundings.
                Hi East -- Have a great Friday and even better weekend!
                Thanks for sharing your walk this morning rustop. What a great way to start the day.
                Hi Rudemama, Cindi, and everyone else to come. Have a great day keeping AL away.
                xox
                Fby
                xox
                Fby

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
                - Soren Kierkegaard

Comment

Rudemamma,

Kick AL's butt. Okay? He has no control over YOU. You control HIM/HER.

I know it is hard. I am not making light of that. Truly.

However, today, even though it is Friday, KICK HIS ASS. Say "No AL today" Period.

You will be so surprised how easy it is. Well, once you go to bed and have gotten past it all.. LOL

You can do it. I do it and if I can do it, ANYONE can do it. I am a weenie.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good morning everyone - lots of ice here today...it's very pretty, but my cable is out, so no TV...not a bad thing.

Cindi, I find it hard to believe you are a weenie...anyone who succumbs to this and doesn't take a shot at kicking AL's ass might be a weenie, but not you or anyone else here!

Suki, that is wonderful news! You must feel like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders!! I'm very happy for you.

Rustop, I know what you mean about all the threads, some days I barely make it here, but this thread is always first for me too.

I haven't read my horoscope in years....I'll check it out today!

I hope everyone has a great day today!
                    Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Hi everyone, so pleased for you Suki. It's a new month/day, so let's hope we can all
                      achieve what we plan. I don't plan on counting the af days, but I have managed quite
                      a few, and intend to carry on.
                      Best of luck everyone.
                      Love Paula.xx

Comment

Morning all
                        Suki, so glad to hear about the job..I can only imagine the thoughts knowing you may have to be uprooted..
                        Cindi...A weenie.....don't think so...Your posts are sounding stronger and stronger and I love your amazing postivie attitude...Sounds like you have a solid plan, and your really working it!!...
                        ODAT'ers...have safe happy super bowl weekend....GO GIANT'S!!!
                        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Hi everyone!

Snow day here today so the daughter and I are just going to relax and enjoy it! Nice to not have to go into work.

Suki, so glad to hear your job situation worked out. Rudemama, we all struggle but I am so glad to see you still posting and trying to fight off AL.

I am on day 12 today - still have this miserable cold so I am still waking up feeling like caca but at least I know it is not alcohol related which is a great feeling.

I will not drink today.

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

Love and hugs,
                          Uni
                          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                          :h

Comment

I just filled in my first 0 for Feb. It felt very good...I won't be drinking today. I'm doing abs for Lent...further motivation. I'm taking my vits & drinking plenty of water. I want to clear out my system.

Cindi: Thank you so much for your kind words. I too consider you a friend & wish you the very best. This is going to be a short but pristine month for us both.

Good luck everyone. I'll check in later. Mary
                            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

Suki, I am really so happy for you to know that you can stay put, and the uncertainty can stop now about the job situation! Yeay!!

Universal congrats on 12 days. Know that any vitamin c you take can go straight to taking care of that and not replenishing the c that has been drained by AL.

Cindi, thank you for your kind words yesterday. I am still trying to kick AL's ass, I seem to be able to go 3 or 4 days and strive for more. I agree with Deena though, we are not weenies!

Charlee, yes go GIANTS!! Paula, Rudemama, Rustop, Flutterby, Eastender and Wakeupmom, have a great day, and to all who come. :h
                              The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Working...
                              X