Newbies in Need - ODAT for Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning to All from snowy (yet again) Salt Lake City, UT, USA!
    Suki, that must be one HUGE load lifted from your shoulders! We had a similar experience about 12 years ago, but like you we ended up not having to move, we were so glad! If you have been in one place a long time, moving would be a very trying experience!
    I cannot believe I have been AF for 23 days! A BIG :thanks: to all of my friends here at MWO who have supported me in this journey!
    Now I am working on planning the rest of my life! Going back over all of my experiences, figuring out what I want to accomplish going forward, and how I can turn those goals into reality. It is much more rewarding than figuring out if I can afford another bottle of vodka!
    BHOG
    War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Hi everyone, just a quickie today as lots to do - my kids are coming home for the weekend!! Another big hurdle tomorrow - we are all going over to my mum-in-laws as its two years since my father-in-law was killed. He was only 69 and died in very tragic circumstances. Not going to have too sad a day though - he wouldn't have wanted that - we will have a lovely walk on the South Downs thinking about him - we'll share some happy memories thats for sure. He was such a special, kind man and a lovely father-in-law to me. Thats the main reason my two kids want to come home this weekend - aren't they thoughtful? I am so lucky.

Had too much wine last night - finished a bottle of red - no, sadly I couldn't last out until tonight but I'm looking at what I HAVE done this week instead of what I HAVEN'T done and so, I'm no beating myself up too much.

Won't be on tomorrow but will check in on Sunday to see how eveyone's doing.

love Janicexxx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hello fellow MWO ODATers! It is a another gorgeous day in Boulder, CO - still snow on the ground, but under blue skys.

I am reading a ton of successes in this thread. Some are small and some are bigger, but they are all worth celebrating!!!! Congrats to all of you!!!

Much love and cheery thoughts for everyone as we head into the weekend - a very hard time for me and others as well.

Good fortune for all who have challenges in the next few days! If you can handle them AF - then good for you!!! If you slip, tomorrow is a fresh slate.

There was a lot of good news in this thread today as well. Jobs, life, kids - all great stuff!!! Sorta makes you want to celebrate with a nice glass of cranberry juice and sparkling water with a lime.

I am starting my new goal today. And so far so good. I have not drank. And it is almost 10 a.m. here. That may not seem like much, but I am a morning drinker. And a lunch time drinker and an evening drinker. So I am a 1/3 of the way there for my first day. YEA ME.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I too will be joining the Lenten abstainance on ODAT thread. Last year I failed to remain AF throughout Lent. It was through that failure that I found this website. I feel like I have made much progress since that time.

I do not post much, however, I have read this thread almost everyday since Mary (I believe) started it. Although you don't know me too well, I feel united with all of you. You wonderful people helped me achieve 1/3 of 2007 being AF and 27 AF days out of 31 in January 2008.

During about the third week in January, there were a few nights where I actually FORGOT
          about wanting a glass (or 4) of wine!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. I would be getting ready for bed and remember that I hadn't even thought about drinking. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Has anyone read Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado? I will be reading this book during the Lenten season. I seems like a book that most of us would benefit from.

Peace be with you,
          tc

Comment

Taking Control - thanks for the book recommendation. I will definately pick it up. Love to read.

Congrats on being AF 27 days out of 31. That is an amazing accomplishment!!!

Keep posting - we love to hear from you!

Comment

Thanks Croft. I always enjoy reading your posts, you can really make me laugh at times.

We can kick AL's butt together. We are way too good for the jerk.

tc

Comment

For today, I have not had a drink & will not drink. I just needed to say that. If I actually accomplish an alcohol-free Lent, it'll be a first in a long, long time. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

retteacher - good for you! Hang in there!!! We can do this together. I have not had a drink today either. And this is the first day of a new goal. Hang with me!

Comment

Boy I wish hubby had a working lap top!! Can't get near the PC at the moment....!

Now I have sneaked on before bedtime just to get my ODAT fix at the wrong end of the day to my usual visit.

Anyway, at least I know I have not drunk today and will not now as I am heading for bed!

Bessie xx

Comment

What a great thread today. M
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Well, the day and the thread are not finished yet. Just made it. I have been so busy getting ready for my trip that I've hardly been home.
                        So, I started doing some math this morning since its Feb 1st. In January, out of the 31 days, I only drank for 5 of them. I couldn't believe it. I kept looking at my calender thinking I must have missed a day somewhere but nope........its true! And out of those 5, I only over did it once.........
                        Suki, Now you can relax.............take care of yourself.
                        Croft.........If you have to, count hours........you can do this.
                        Uni, awesome.....
                        ANd to all of you here......it can be done..........I've proved that to myself..........ODAT

Comment

Working...
                        X