Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Journey Of A Thousand Miles...

shorter trip too

IAD;298789 wrote: I'll just say : " Take the train, your journey will be quicker !"
    Mental wounds still screaming
    Driving me insane
    I'm going off the rails on a crazy train
    AF 6 years
    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Fallen Angel....
      Is that the lyrics of an old Procol Harum song ? (Wiskey Train) Loved the band ! Espcially the song about My own tomb stone.....Morbed. LOL
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Nope... Ozzy's Crazy Train

IAD;298795 wrote:
        Is that the lyrics of an old Procol Harum song ? (Wiskey Train) Loved the band ! Espcially the song about My own tomb stone.....Morbed. LOL

Whiskey Train

I'm gonna find a girl to make me choose
        Between lovin' her and drinking booze
        I'm gonna lose these drinking blues
        Ain't gonna ride that whisky train

Those lyrics reminded me of this tune...have you heard it?? Great tune!!
        [ame= ] Real Mean Bottle[/ame]

A real mean bottle
        Poured straight from the devil
        It's a miracle you're standin' here today
        A real mean bottle
        Made you such a rebel
        It must have been a real mean bottle
        Made you sing that way.
        AF 6 years
        NF 7 years

Comment

Your right ! Everytime I hear that Rob Zombie song it reminds me of Whiskey Train,,,,,,Same train wreak, if you think about it ! IAD
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD;298806 wrote: Same train wreak, if you think about it ! IAD
            Speaking of trains..take a look at this:

[ame= ]Frozen In Time[/ame]
            AF 6 years
            NF 7 years

Comment

" If that does'nt scare the Begivies out of you !" IAD LOL
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

You haven't congratulated me yet!!! LMAO

IAD;298835 wrote: " If that does'nt scare the Begivies out of you !" IAD LOL
                LOL..I know!! Would that be freaky, or what??

Since you're being such a good sport this evening & keeping me company... I got something else for you to watch... make sure you watch it til the very end.

[ame= ]The Painter[/ame]
                AF 6 years
                NF 7 years

Comment

Unfrecking beliveable ! This guy must use the other 3/4 of his brain that we don't ! What a revelation. Thanks for shareing......! IAD:goodjob:
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Awww...thank you! You're the best!

secondchance;298866 wrote: Wow FA or MG...the Painter is awesome!! Thanks for sharing....here's to your next 8 months AF!! You rock girfrind!!
                    Take a look at this....it's...it's amazing!LOL

[ame= ]Amazing Hand Shadow show by Raymond Crowe[/ame]
                    AF 6 years
                    NF 7 years

Comment

Which are you?

A carrot, an egg, and a cup of coffee...You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil; without saying a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl.

Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what you see."

"Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma The daughter then asked, "What does it mean, mother?"

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.

"Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest, do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.
                      AF 6 years
                      NF 7 years

Comment

Love it, Ms. Will give me something to think about for awhile.:thanks:

P.S. Changed my name--hope you recognize me.
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Do I know you???

LVT25;299034 wrote:
                          P.S. Changed my name--hope you recognize me.
                          I certainly did!
                          Seems like there's a lot of that going around! LOL
                          I know...I know.... I should change mine too & get rid of this lame label.... but that could end all the fun... and I hate to leave Doubter all by himself with such a lousy Username... someone should share in his pain.

OMG>>>>> !!!!!! Did you see the new toys we have to play with????
                          I think I'll go find a way to abuse uh, I mean USE some of these on my friend *pronounced: favourite victim* Doubter :bomb:
                          AF 6 years
                          NF 7 years

Comment

Hi Fallen! Some great vids and posts here my friend thanks for sharing them here. The paintjam was amazing and reminded me of the Jimi Hendrix painting done by Danny Dent for the Monterey Festival. He is only using a statutory wall though!!!!lol

[ame= ]YouTube - Jimi Hendrix live painting by Denny Dent[/ame]

Love and Happiness
                            Hippie
                            xx
                            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

We should put our talents to use!

Hey Doubter, buddy...pal...

sorry about taking a swing at you last night...but you're such an easy :target:
                              ...let me make that better for you with a laster: & a :lipstick:
                              Better?? Good.
                              Ok...now listen up....
                              I don't know if you picked up on this last night, but I sure did... and I think we could make it to the bigtime if we play our cards right!

Britain may have talent... but as a team.... WE are a goldmine baby...I'm talking BIG BUCKS!:elk:
                              If we can clear a chatroom in no time flat, just think the killing we could make in the exterminator business... or even emergency city evacuations! You know, maybe we've been channeling our energies in the wrong direction... instead of trying to blow each other up & pulverize the other with an armament of rocks... maybe...just maybe... we should join forces to line our own pockets I mean make the world a better place.

No need to answer on this right away.... think about it.... a temporary
                              truce could benefit us both... especially while you're still recovering in ICU.

Your new business partner,
                              Angel

P.S.
                              Did you notice how nice I was to you today??
                              There's a whole new whack of icons for me to abuse.... and I refrained. That's right...I refrained from giving you the finger, blowing you up, and even showing everyone your girlie panties..
                              See???... that proves what a good friend I can really be!
                              AF 6 years
                              NF 7 years

Comment

New play toys!

hippie37;300519 wrote: The paintjam was amazing and reminded me of the Jimi Hendrix painting done by Danny Dent for the Monterey Festival.
                                Wow! That was amazing!! Thanks for sharing that..I have never seen that before!
                                I see you used the new option for using Youtube here on the forum...I'm going to have to figure out how that works.

You know, this is such a cool site... I can't believe the Administrators actually encourage us to :moon: run around in our anties: and :naughtfeet: ........:jumpwow: ..... I think I have found Paradise! :lol3:
                                AF 6 years
                                NF 7 years

Comment

Working...
                                X