Saturday, April 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, April 26

Hi Everyone. I guess I am starting the thread today. Haven't done that in awhile. Looking forward to 60 days soon, can't truly believe how much better this time around has been. That being said I am continuing to keep my gaurd up because I know this is really just the beginning.
    Mary- Just read your last post from last night. Sorry to hear the surgery was more than you expected but sounds like the prognosis is looking good if they were able to get it all.
    Sounds like you will definately be focusing on your husband in the next few days, but we will all be thinking and praying for you. Stay strong and I am sending you a big hug.
    Hockey season is over and now my life will revolve around my boys' baseball. Hope everyone is hanging in there and feeling strong today.Be Well and Stay Strong! Aquamarine
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Saturday, April 26

Mary,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and hubby.....

Be very careful, Mary......The Beast will try and use this against you........you know it will, so be ready. We're all here for you.....check in with us , we will be worrying...

:l
    Don

Comment

Saturday, April 26

16 days AF for me now. Quite a test last night at a dinner party, but I pulled through just fine. Weird though, my body thinks it should be hungover today. My friend had 3 beers, 1 bottle of red wine, 1 dram of Remy Martin, 1 generous glass of Port, and then back to beer. Me thinks he is hungover today.

Another big test this week as I leave on a business trip tomorrow. Oh well, I am resolved not to drink.

Congrats Aquamarine. I hope to get to 60 days myself.

Good luck Mary. I hope your husband gets well soon.

Comment

Saturday, April 26

Happy Saturday AB friends!

Aqua, Chief, Mohun and all to come

Mohun, the business trips were always hard for me....sitting in a lonely hotel someplace. it took a few tries (I'm a slow learner) but I'm great with business travel now. I go for walks, check out the gym, or just blaze away on MWO on my laptop

the quake we had here in Reno last night is the biggest since 1949 which is saying some thing considering how much seismic activity we get here. I had trouble sleeping after the quake since it really shook me up pretty good. you really feel like a puny little human during a quake! LOL

Dx is having a hoot on her trip and I'm staying vigilant in my sobriety.
        this morning I'm going shooting with some friends (never be up doing that in the bad old days since I'd be hung over).

be well friends
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Saturday, April 26

Hi everyone, hope your all well.

Mary we are all here for YOU, like chief said, please keep checkin in. :l

Aquamarine, When do you reach 60 days, that's brilliant.

Mohun, congrats on 16days and well done on getting through the dinner party. I'm not going anywhere where alcohol is involved until I get to at least day 30. I bet your mate feels well rough today and probably looks something like this :nutso:.
          Good luck on your businness trip, don't let your guard down.

I went for my meeting with my alcohol counsellor yesterday and we were disscussing abs v mods, not that I think I could ever mod oooooooh nooooo, not me. Anyway she was telling me that anyone who has ever at some point in there lives been physically addicted to AL, shakes, sweats etc, will never be able to successfully moderate their alcohol intake, eventually they end up drinking the same unhealthy amount and more. That rings true for me, what do you guys think?

I think Janice is at 60 days AF today.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Take care
          want
          :h
          xx
          AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
          There's fire in your eyes,
          Bite me, excite me,
          I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
          Brings eternal flame.
          Open me to heaven,
          To heal me again.

Comment

Saturday, April 26

Want....

I think every person with a drinking problem wishes they could Mod, and for 99% of us, it is impossible...

Don

Comment

Saturday, April 26

Chief.....
              I agree :agreed:

want
              :h
              AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
              There's fire in your eyes,
              Bite me, excite me,
              I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
              Brings eternal flame.
              Open me to heaven,
              To heal me again.

Comment

Saturday, April 26

Couldn't agree more Chief. Been there tried that. Didn't work. Oh sure it goes ok for a week or two, and then BAM right back to old drinking habits. Me likey no drinky. AL can kiss my :moon:

Comment

Saturday, April 26

Hi everyone

Just a quick check in as I never can get near the computer at week-end, teenagers!!! Mary, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Check in and let us know how you are. Everyone else big hello. Huge congratulations to you Janice on the 60 days. You should be so, so proud of yourself. On Day 27 and need to be extra careful in the next week or so as this is where I have slipped in the past.

Enjoy the rest of the week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Saturday, April 26

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note...back from soccer off to meet with the builders ARGHHH!

Mary, read your note...glad the surgery is over and your husband is on the mend. You know how to fight off AL. Be well.

Janice - I believe this is DAY 60 for you - BIG CONGRATS!!! You should be proud of yourself.

Aqua, after soccer ends in a few weeks - I have no Spring sports. Glad this season winding down...

Mohun, you are doing great. Good luck on your business trip. Take advice from Det - he certainly knows the ropes.

Have a great Day everyone
                    Beck
                    Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Saturday, April 26

Good Morning Abbers,

Mary, if you get a chance to check in, just sending you lots of hugs and prayers for hubby to mend soon. I think it is great news they think they got all the cancer!! Do you already know if they are going to do any follow on therapy like radiation or chemo?

I am so sorry you are going through this but perhaps the reason you were compelled to join MWO is because this was coming up and your strength is needed right now. Hang in there and stay sober. You are such a wonderful person and I just know things will go well for you both.

Mohun, I just got back from my first trip since I got sober. It was awesome. I never once really suffered any pangs, just the usual "wishes" kind of thing that I could easily brush off. More like a gnat of an urge than a hornet's nest, if you know what I mean. I did find having plans for the evenings really helped. Keep busy with things other than the hotel bar.

Lorelei, good on you for posting about your weakening resolve. It is better to post before you drink than after. Glad you made it through!! Yay!!

Everyone else, have a wonderful AF Sunday. I am just going to relax and clean house today.

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Saturday, April 26

Hi everyone.....just want to say a big thank you to everyone for helping me get this far...60 days!!! One year ago tomorrow I found this site. I also owe a very big thank you to RJ - MWO has certainly played a major part in a life-changing year for me. During that year I've done 42AF days, 50+ AF days (I stopped counting!) and now 60. This is a new way of life for me now....and it doesn't include alcohol.

Love to you all....haven't had much time to read all the posts.....but just want to send you all a big hug and Mary, a special prayer for you and your family.

With much love & appreciation,

Janicexxx
                        Day 60 (yeh!!!!!)
                        AF since 9 May 2012
                        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Saturday, April 26

Dear Friends: Many, many thanks for all your thoughts & prayers. My husband is home & taking a nap right now. He feels much better today than yesterday. He has some follow-up but no chemo or radiation. Renal cancer is very self-contained & slow-growing.

I'm doing OK but am exhausted. I will come to MWO to check in however, because I know this is a perfect excuse to drink. (Not that drinking would do any good for anybody.)

Again, thank you all very, very much. Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Saturday, April 26

Janice: Congratulations on your achieving the 60 day goal. You're doing very well indeed. I know you
                            Dad is watching all this & is very proud. M
                            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

Saturday, April 26

Janice- CONGRATULATIONS ON DAY 60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              That is wonderful, truly an accomplishment to be proud of. I'm really happy for you. Take Care, Aquamarine
                              NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                              AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Working...
                              X