Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday 2 February

Morning all,

A beautiful blanket of snow covers everything and muffles all the sounds so that it feels so peaceful.

Thanks everyone for all your support yesterday. The self loathing is gradually abaiting.

I read somewhere that the sober alcoholic plans to drink long before they actually do. I don't think I planned to drink on Saturday I just didn't have a good plan for how not to. What is really stupid about that is I know how stressed I get about these big formal events. I don't want to take antabuse every day because it isn't good for you but I think the new plan will be to take it for a couple of days before a trigger event.

So trying to take something positive from Saturday, it taught me a lot about myself and my drinking and reminded me of some of the things I had forgotten.

Keep well all and wrap up well when you go out. (unless you live in Hawaii etc in which case I am envious)
    Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
    AF 8 June 2012

Morning Loppy......great to see you bouncing back!!! Well, the south east has come to a standstill this morning with all the snow, in fact I think much of England is covered!! Hundreds of schools are closed (so I have an extra day off), trains are cancelled, services are suspended and all we can do is wrap up and stay indoors!!! Lovely to see the garden and all the trees covered though, it looks so pretty!

Be back later, Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Good morning Janice and Loppy, so nice to see you both. I hope you are enjoyng the snow. I saw pics on line....it looks lovely. Life has not ground to a stop here, I have a busy day ahead. I wish you all well.

Be safe and warm, Nat
      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Good morning in AB-Land!

Loppy, I'm sorry to hear about Saturday. I didn't see the thread (don't read a lot of different threads much any more). Glad to see you back here right away though. The scariest part of a relapse for me is the amount of time I would likely spend in the bottle given my history. Good for you evaluating, and making a different plan for similar circumstances in the future. Loppy we had quite a vigorous discussion on the Daily thread not too long ago about the notion that we indeed plan these relapses, even if it's very subtely in our minds. You might find it an interesting read. Maybe somewhere between one and two weeks ago was it?

Janice your description of the snow covered England sounds beautiful. Good for you on an extra day off. Enjoy!

Did you get more snow OMW? You guys just keep getting hit over and over don't you? We got a lot of that early, but not so much hard hitting bad weather recently. It's been missing us north and south.

I'm out the door to leads group, yoga, Curves, errands and a busy day! Make it AF everyone!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

We have about almost a foot still on the ground.
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hi Everyone: I do think that I plan relapses in advance. Sometimes it'll be a social event that I'll allow to become the kick-off. Once I start on the lapse & then get on the wagon routine, it's very hard for me to break. I went from March until December doing that last year. My AL thinking tells me that I've got many AF days, so I can have a break now & then. The breaks, however, are emotionally painful, & I run the risk of going right back into daily drinking. So, for me, I must keep telling myself that NO drinking is the only way to go. And again, when I see normal drinkers, I just realize that I can't do it. Last night at our Sbowl party, people had only 2 at the most. They just knew when to stop. In fact, for most of them, the second beer was a big treat that they usually don't have.

I'm doing well. I had a little thinking wobble yesterday due to a difficult discussion w/my husb, but I got through it. Before we went to sleep last night, I told him I wanted to talk the whole thing through ASAP. When we get home later that's what we'll do. I don't do well when I have unresolved things on my mind.

Take care, Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Morning everyone
              Mary good you and hubby are going to talk things out. I can now have those conversations knowing what comes out of my mouth is from the heart..right or wrong, resolved or not. I used to become very nasty and sharped tongued with the booze in me and the minute words came flying out of mouth I knew and so did hubby it was the booze talking.....
              We enjoyed the Super Bowl, had our snackies and big ice cream sundae....Really enjoyed Springsteen!!
              Off to work, everyone have a great day!
              sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Morning all and happy Monday to everyone!

I do believe that relapses are planned in advance in that we stop doing the things that we need to be doing to maintain our sobriety. One of the wonderful things that I am continuing to discover is that I focus on feelings and actions that affect my overall outlook on life. Not on my sobriety, but on life in general - it is like I have moved away from being worried about drinking and now worry when I am not mentally fit. I really realized that over the weekend after hearing someone speak at a meeting about being focused on the positives in life instead of the negatives. When I focus on being and recognizing the positives around me I know that I am in a good place.

Hope everyone has a great start to their week!
                Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I thought the snow was beautiful until I tried to leave the house.... No trains, so I have a lazy day. It is still snowing here so I wonder if I'll get another day off tomorrow.

I'm going to use the time productively, reading some of the threads I missed when I was being overconfident and not visiting MWO.
                  Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
                  AF 8 June 2012

Comment

Hello friends!!

Loppy, it's good to see you back posting! sorry about you evening, like you said-take something positive from it, learn and move on. I was a little worried when I read you took your antabuse the day after drinking, that it might make you sick--glad it didn't!

Had a great, busy weekend. Since SIL and BIL are trying to quit smoking, she and I spent lots of time together and we talked quite a bit about quitting our addictions. She quit drinking for a couple of years awhile back, and even went to AA. Some of the things she remembered from those meetings are things we've talked about here. I told her I believe the KEY to me not smoking is not drinking. I would STILL crave a ciggie if I drank, and after a couple of beers, would lose enough inhibition to cave. We talked about the "witching" hour, and sometimes, if I don't have something else to drink and eat I can still have that "taste" in my mouth that I think is a craving.

Our 4-H club sponsored a BIG event yesterday (hence the 100 breakfast burritos) and I had to stand up in front of all the parents and present the medals. Than in itself wasn't so bad, but someone had written some scores down incorrectly, and had 1 person in the wrong age group--as I read these out, the parents in the crowd were telling me it was wrong. Seemed like every time I opened my mouth--it was wrong. I felt my face flush a brilliant red color and it was a REALLY uncomfortable feeling. Especially with some of these parents that take this sport WAY TOO SERIOUSLY (but that is another subject).
                    Anyway, in the past I FOR SURE would have downed at least a 6 pack and 1/2 pack of cigarettes at the first available moment!! I thought about it, but going home and putting my feet up, and eating something (oh yeah, I didn't eat any food) sounded better. So that's what I did.

It was a great thread yesterday! I read it all when I got home, but was too tired (and it was late) to post. WIP said something about getting to the point where you just don't care to drink??I think it was. That's how I feel right now.

Anyway, I hate to break DG's record for the longest posts, so I'll quit. You guys in the UK enjoy your global warming--ok??

Have a great week all!:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AAth: I do still worry about taking a drink, but I understand what you are saying about staying mentally fit. Yes, it's about appreciating the positives in life. It's also about taking care of myself physically, emotionally, & spiritually. It's a full-time job which should leave me w/no time for drinking. I've been keeping my 3 resolutions of exercise, clearing up any & all pending issues, & finally most importantly NOT DRINKING. I can't do anything else correctly if I drink. Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Morning. Too early to think. Just checking in and hoping everyone has a good day.

Cheers,

Mo.

Comment

Good Monday Morning to all!

Just a flash in the pan for me as I got up a bit later than usual. Must get ready for the day.

No drinking thoughts or cravings or anything to do with drinking, this weekend. I would not want to go back to that old life of mine - EVER.

The longer I spend AF; the more I realize just how much alcohol robbed me in my life.

Have a great day!!

Comment

Just checking in. Doing OK.

AFM: ditto, from me.

Take care, everyone!

Comment

The longer I spend AF; the more I realize just how much alcohol robbed me in my life.

I can't do anything else correctly if I drink

Says it all for me.

Every one have a great AF day.
                              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X