Morning to all !

Ditto ditto for me

Have a lovley day!
    AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
    Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 2 February

:yeahthat:

Running late... must scurry along. Happy Groundhog day to all!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Happy hangover-free Monday ABlanders!

Loppy, thanks for the bright and early kickstart and the wise words. I too have 'engineered my own failures' many times in the past. ugh!

I'm so glad I don't have to travel today afterall...so I'm staying home and catching up on paperwork. and then off to the gym tonight.

be well all you busy bees
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening all,

There's lots of snow up here too, with rabbit tracks crisscrossing through it. I even saw the bunny itself on my walk yesterday.

It's weird with my Dad's house. Sometimes it feels like a safe place of refuge with all the familiar stuff. And other times it feels like an empty shell, a reminder of lives past that should be here but aren't. This weekend has been more of the latter, so I'm very happy about that sunshine on the snow.

Speaking of which, tomorrow, Loppy, seriously, I need that weather report. Every detail. I'm supposed to fly back into London. Would be nice if the airports were open. And the trains were running. Even need a city bus to get all the way home. I have a feeling it's going to be a long day.

Good to hear people are doing well.

Comment

Wow - three biggies here already for me today!

AA - thank you for the reminder that seeing the positive side of life is critical to good mental health. The glass is half full!

Mary - I always love your examples of how truly normal drinkers drink. We had a good example of that here yesterday in Mr. Doggy. He had come across a stuffed jalepeno (sp) recipe a while back, and I made them yesterday. When we started digging in, he said "boy, a beer would taste good with these." He wasn't sure if we had any beer. (in my drinking days, I ALWAYS knew the inventory!) We did, and he poured it into a frosty mug. He sipped some while eating jalapenos. When he was done with the food, he was done with the beer (without finishing one whole beer) and we went back to watching the game. I can't remember a time where I ONLY had one drink AND didn't even finish it.

When it comes to alcohol, I'm an addict - no two ways about it. In some other good news, I thought about having an O'Douls but didn't even care for the thought of that. Beer was never my big thing anyway, but still. That's progress. In the past I would have been fighting a crave for wine or vodka, and had the O'Douls to keep my brain voice quiet about the other stuff.

AFM - I'm totally with you in my disgust over how much time in my life I have wasted drinking, planning to drinking, recovering from drinking, etc. What on earth took me so long to finally wake up and do something about it???? Oh well. I'm here and sober now. Onward and forward!

Hi to everyone else and Pamina, I hope you do NOT have a travel day from he!! tomorrow!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DG: Same here w/wanting to drink along w/husb. The last time we went to someone's house, my hubby split a beer w/another guest. What's the point of that? When I read about your husb & see others drink normally, it just drives home the fact that I cannot & will not ever drink that way. It's all or nothing for me. So, that's nothing for me, because all is definitely out. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

DG and Mary--can't imagine life with hubby's like yours. :H As a matter of fact, i know very few people that drink like that. Either they don't drink at all, or they drink beer like there's no tomorrow. :H

When my SIL and I were talking she made the comment that she is ok with drinking a beer or 2. I said--not me. Even if I could stop at 1 or 2--what's the point?? That's alcoholic thinking I guess. I considered making myself a non-al beer with Clamato juice and big green olives last night when I got home. But it just seemed like too much work--so I had iced tea instead! :H
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Evening all,

Had to trudge two miles through the snow this morning to get a train, coz there were NO buses. A couple of inches of snow and the whole bleedin' city grinds to a halt. The journey to my parents house took about four hours. Could have been worse I suppose.

Anyway, finally arrived, with wet feet, and my mum said "Would you like a glass of wine?". Arrrgg!

I made a cup of tea. And then they only offered me wine once more, later with dinner, so that's a HUGE improvement. My dad occasioanlly asks me if I've become a methodist (:H) but apart from that it's easier than previous AF visits so far.
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Mary, I never even wanted to split a bottle of wine with anyone (wanted it all for myself) much less a single drink!! Yep - one or two doesn't even get me warmed up.

LVT - I think there are a whole lot more problem drinkers out there than have acknowledged or decided to deal with their problem. (sadly)

...My dad occasioanlly asks me if I've become a methodist ...
                    Marshy, you have absolutely no idea how that tickled my funny bone. :lol: You'd have to know my own family AND my in-laws and if you did, you would not need to exercise - you'd laugh until your ass fell off. Do you want me to send you the T-Shirt? I have extras. That aside, I'm glad this visit is going easier than previous ones. Maybe in another future visit or two, they will stop asking all together.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi all

Had a fairly stressful day - yes Marshy I heard that there were no buses in London. I live on South Coast and we had about 1 inch of snow and everything ground to a halt. I went to drop my kids at school - 8am cos they do breakfast club on a Monday first thing as I work Mondays - had no problems getting to the school but when I got there 2 teachers were stood outside the school gate - one on her mobile the other sipping a mug of tea and they said -"Don't you know, school is closed today because of the weather!" I said "but there's only 1 inch of snow, where I come from originally in the North of England - we're used to 1-2 feet of snow and the schools stay open!" I was told that the headteacher had heard a bad weather forcast and so had made the decision to close the school in case the snow got worse during the day.

Needless to say, no school / nursery for the kids so HAD TO TAKE THEM TO WORK WITH ME - it was kind of INTERESTING!! I must say that my co-workers were great at entertaining them whilst I had patients to see (quite a few didn't turn up anyway becuause of the weather) and we managed to get through the day somehow and we walked home after!! However i really feel like a drink now, I can tell you!!! We have had a bit more snow this pm but none of it has settled further - there's more forecast for tonight - apparently have to listen to local radio tomorrow to see if school is open again!! However don't work on a Tues so if it is shut it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Hope you're all doing OK, Yes DG / Mary - I couldn't drink like that either. I'm really looking forward to Lent because Mr Sausage says he's giving up AL for Lent, so this will hopefully get easier for me.

I'll just stop now and grab a zero% alcohol free beer!!!!

Will be back later.

Comment

Kim Komando’s Video of the Day ? Blog Archive ? Man’s surprising laugh

I posted this in the proper forum, but pasted it here so you guys could get a good laugh!
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                        X