Alternative yummy AF drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I don't know if a thread like this has been done before, but how about everyone telling us about your favourite AF drinks.

My favourite at the moment is 2/3 Diet Cranberry Juice Drink mixed with 1/3 Diet Solo (lemon squash). Yum.
    Also Cranberry mixed with tonic water for a slightly bitter taste.
    Cranberry mixed with Apple Berry mineral water is also good for a sweeter drink.

Using the diet stuff is all low calorie of course.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Since I don't much like sweet drinks, my fave is green tea (I brew lots of it, with the cranberry green tea from Whole Foods), with a little bit of mint flavoring (also the Whole Foods stuff) mixed in. I drink loads of that stuff, iced. And interestingly, in a glass with ice, it looks like a glass of whiskey... at first that kind of freaked me out, so usually I put it in a thermal coffee mug with ice!

Comment

tea!!!

green, black, white, roobois

i like fresh ginger in the green and a bit of cinnamon in the red

Comment

i'm a virgin bloody mary junkie
        no time like the present

Comment

Fire in the Belly!

A doctor I visited recently told me he drank tomato juice with a good helping of tabasco on the nights he 'didn't want to drink'. I guessed from the way he was talking he has had his own struggles with AL in the past. Very reassuring. Anyway, it does work. The tabasco gives you a kick; warms your insides. I have had it with ice in a glass. Almost like the hit of a scotch but not quite! Next best thing
          AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

Oh, yes, SK and Joanna! I like to mix V-8 with regular tomato juice, and some Tabasco and lime juice. Definitely with ice! Fabulous!

Comment

Good thread -- sparkling lemon water is my favorite.

Comment

Tea and orange juice and lemonade. Not together!
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

LOL Cy.. darn. I almost mixed 'em all up!

Funny, I was just thinking of Tomato/V8 kinda drinks but forgot to get it from the store. Hmmm.. tabasco, you say, eh?

As far as sipping something while others may have AL, I'm really liking sparkling red grape juice.
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

yummmm yummm,...tomato juice tabasco and lime juice on ice sounds SO good to me right now. Could even rim the glass with celery salt like a caesar, for the added taste. A spicy pickled bean for garnish (or four :H) and voila'.
                    OK, I so know what I am adding to my shopping list this week!

Thanks for all the great ideas!
                    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Pomegranate green tea with honey. and lemon zest herbal tea at night. Virgin Mary's as my AF drink when everyone else is drinking.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Tea, cherryade. Gallons of both.

Keeta, what type of pickled bean? Never heard of that.
                        sigpic
                        AF since December 22nd 2008
                        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

yummy

Major Pete's spicy bloody Mary mix with lots of big olives and garlic

Tea---hot, cold, any color

A big bottle of water in which a section of grapefruit has been floating for awhile ( a bit different from lemon..)

Sugar Free lemonade mix with lots of ice. Also, if I am chilly, I drink it hot with a slice of orange or grapefruit or lemon

Hot chocolate with tiyy marshmallows (you can get the sugar free kind)

I have tried that V8 Fusion stuff (half fruit half veggies, very sweet tasting).

Pour in a fancy glass, garnis with some fruit...voila!!! A big (sober) girl PRETEND Margarita and it's healthy

Comment

Joanna;545771 wrote: A doctor I visited recently told me he drank tomato juice with a good helping of tabasco on the nights he 'didn't want to drink'. I guessed from the way he was talking he has had his own struggles with AL in the past. Very reassuring. Anyway, it does work. The tabasco gives you a kick; warms your insides. I have had it with ice in a glass. Almost like the hit of a scotch but not quite! Next best thing
                            i do this with veg juice, hot sauce, bragg's apple cider vinegar and green phyto food podwer...yum and good for ya!

Comment

Marshy,
                              Long green beans are pickled, and made spicy, so extra garlic and chili flakes are added to the pickle brine. Often used as garnish in Ceasars, same with slim lengths of pickled carrot. (instead of your standard celery stalk)

UpNorths idea of adding large olives and garlic to a spicey Bloody Mary mix sounds absolutely sounds delish too!

woohoo, I can't wait to play virgin bartender this weekend...(the drinks being virgin ofcourse...not..errr...well...not the bartender :H)
                              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Working...
                              X