• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there shills here

withdrawn
    Banned

Are there shills here

OliveOyl,

Wow. I know who that person is and she is an incredibly vindictive person to try to harm someone trying to get well. I keep trying to tell myself that there has to be a reason for her actions, something, anything, but in the end, she has been hurting many people here.

I am sorry.

I won't go into the particulars but what she says is patently untrue. Period. Don't listen to her drivel.

I am sober for a good long time right now from Baclofen. (I am at 120 mg/day and not a large male. ) I take 40/40/40.

I have not found it to be the complete silver bullet but the tool is fantastic for me. Those who know me know I have struggled long and hard with this addiction.

I still think about drinking occasionally. Actually, not too often anymore in retrospect. Hmm. And, I am going through a really stressful situation with work. But I am sober and I do not think I will relapse.

For me this is a miracle.

You are welcome to pm me and I would be glad to discuss any concerns you have.

I cannot now, nor will I ever make money off of Baclofen.

Oh, btw, the pmer, she was one of the first here to extol the virtues of Baclofen. She just got her feelings hurt when others started jumping on the bandwagon and got more attention than her.

Kind of sad, really.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Are there shills here

Hi Olyveoyl,

Firstly, I think that the discussions on bac have been very balanced. I, for one, have had some very horrible side effects and needed to talk about them. I would like others to learn from my mistakes. I have also been reading posts by people who are struggling to reach a high enough dose, people who are wondering if bac would ever work for them.

Many of the people posting have been posting for years. They have often been the helping hand for many of us who have crashed onto the site, blind drunk and helpless.

My own views on bac: I do believe that we are facing a revolution of knowledge and attitude. Maybe for the first time, those who have not struggled can see it as a physiological reality......not a moral failure.

Comment

Are there shills here

withdrawn
        Banned

Comment

Are there shills here

I personally don't see there is any instant pill-based 'cure' for alcoholism - whatever path we use, it takes work on our part.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Are there shills here

I have been reading this thread but have not posted on it because I have been taking Topamax very successfully for a few years. Different meds may help different people. None of them are a magic bullet, but some can help people a lot.

I can assure you that there is no conspiracy here and no one here is making any money off of these things. We are just trying to help each other. I have been on this site for years and can definitely assure you of that.

I also know of the person who pm'ed you. I will just say that people rarely get banned from this site and when they do it is because they are being extremely hurtful and dishonest toward others.

Good luck in your personal journey to sobriety. I think you will find honesty if you stick around here.
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Are there shills here

I am absolutely sure there are no shills here Olive- I have been here for a while on and off, and have only seen one person post here in the last month or so, who I think may have had ulterior motives- they only made 1 post and went away, that was weeks ago.

The person you speak off had taken bac and nal for a while, but as far as I am aware as an anti-craving med, not following the Sinclair method or the Dr. Ameison method- but never thought to share dosing/experiences with obtaining it/length of time it took to work or indeed anything else with others.

When other people began sharing their experiences with the sole intention of helping others, the now banned member became rather jealous for want of a better word- and began spreading rumors that the helpful people were simply trying to make money out of it- not true, they were just being helpful.

It is a shame, but hopefully all will settle down and people can continue to share their personal experience for the good of all without fear of accusations.

Comment

Are there shills here

withdrawn

Comment

Are there shills here

withdrawn

Comment

Are there shills here

Hi OliveOyl,

There are people who become members to hawk products and such. MWO members usually jump on them like a duck on a June bug, and they are permanently banned within a day or two.

This is quite a different case. Many members here have tried different medications or other treatment protocals to try to achieve success in their struggle against alcohol. In the spirit of MWO, those people share their stories in an effort to try to help others. If you have read the Medications forum and the Holistic Healing forum, it is full of stuff like this. It is intended to share what works for them.

As far as the PM you received, I believe that it is an effort to smear the efforts of some of our members who want to share in an earnest way. I'm sorry that you got caught up in this baloney.
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Are there shills here

I wasn't aware of any problems w/ someone PM-ing negative info about others. What a waste of time for that person!

Bottom line: I have no idea how people on this board could be profiting off of bac. I guess the only way would be if someone owned their own online pharmacy abroad and was trying to get their orders up but I think the probability of that is extremely low. Also, we're not idiots!! If bac didn't work, people would stop taking it...

--Anna

Comment

Are there shills here

Olive Oyl I am so sorry you got caught in the middle of this nonsense.
                        I haven't tried the baclofen, but I am considering it. I have been reading the posts with great interest.
                        Please don't let one member undo the good that so many others have tried to share.
                        I agree with Anna B, it is extremely unlikely that anyone here could be benefitting except if the drug is helping them abstain from alcohol. Which in the end is what we all want.
                        Cindi and YAH and Siwan and Marbella and the others have all expressed it so well. You are amongst people who understand and want to help, don't let that one bad apple spoil it for you.
                        Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                        If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                        November 2, 2012

Comment

Are there shills here

I must confess that this is a consistent worry of mine. I'm sure we will see all sorts of baclofen websites popping up in the next several years, and so I imagine there will be plenty of money to be made with advertisements, links to discount pharmacies, and so on. And I'm sure we'll also see a slew of new self-help books that combine baclofen therapy with this-or-that spiritual recovery path.

All one really needs is a local library that carries Ameisen's book, the patience to peruse these free forums, and access to baclofen at a reasonable price.

I love that this forum is very lightly moderated, and committed to the free exchange of information, even when it sometimes diverges from the site's economic interests. It really is a testament to their commitment to getting sober as the number one priority, no matter what particular path is taken.

(I have noticed forum moderators at OTHER websites try to not-so-subtly discount the claims of baclofen therapy because it conflicts with that site's particular method and economic interests.)

My Way Out Forums and its incredible long-term member community deserve a big hand for making such open discussion possible here!!

Comment

Are there shills here

huh? Ok im very confused.

Evie got banned? But she was on Bac and a great proponent thereof. Why would she be PMing people bad-mouthing Bac all of a sudden?

Comment

Are there shills here

withdrawn

Comment

Working...
                              X