Are there shills here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there shills here

Zman;670507 wrote: huh? Ok im very confused.

Evie got banned? But she was on Bac and a great proponent thereof. Why would she be PMing people bad-mouthing Bac all of a sudden?
    I am not sure about this but here goes anyways....Evie wasnt on bac as in the Dr Ameisen method- she has taken topa, nal and bac during the last year and found bac to be especially beneficial with helping her cravings. She was NOT titrating up with bac or drinking with nal- just basically using them as anti-craving meds which luckily helped her- for most people they are ineffective as anti-craving meds.

She did not really let on about this until others began posting about the Sinclair method, and more recently bac- she then said she had been 'banging a one woman drum on the board about bac' for a long time and no one responded.

She has (to my knowledge) never posted her dosage, never posted a reliable method of getting the stuff, never mentioned if she was doing it with a doc or without, never said how long it took to be successful, in fact never posted anything anyone else can use, just that bac and nal are two drugs she would not be without. WOOOOO HOOOOO for BAC!!!!

That's OK-- if you do not want to share your method, that is fine, it is a personal thing.

But when Zen, and others began to put enormous effort and time into posts describing every tiny detail of their journey she seemed to take offense- that she was the first one to try it and no-one listened to her, now they were taking credit, etc...and insinuating Zen was making money of it- the only way I can see how she would do that is to put an affiliate link to an online pharmacy into a post- I have never seen one- and if she did I think it would be a decision for the owner of the board to take if they removed the link and asked her not to- it is not a reason for another member to hound her and threaten her.

That spirralled out of control to threats, nasty PMs to many members, ots of them newbies, and basically taking over the boards for her own cause which wasn't very clear. hence the ban I guess.

I also agree that the owner of MWO is EXTREMELY generous in letting us discuss all sorts of possibilities here- and I would like to thank her for it.

Comment

Are there shills here

Any and all posts or privates messages about any of our members profitting from baclofen (or any other drug) are incorrect. Members here may be a great proponent of a certain method because it has worked for them, and we encourage members to share their story.

As a moderator and member, I have been here almost since the forum began, and I reassure you all that people who come here trying to sell things or be a "shill" are banned immediately.

I wish you all luck on your journey to find your way out.

Comment

Are there shills here

Ok thanks Marbella.

I havent seen any nasty posts from Evie. She always seemed supportive and genuinely happy about people's progress on Bac. But obviously im not privy to the PMs.

I also remember her posting at least twice that she uses only 30mg of Bac within an extra 10 whenever she needs it. I always thought she was just really lucky needing such a low does, but she state what her dose was. Anyway, strange story. Too bad.

Comment

Are there shills here

Zman;670555 wrote: Ok thanks Marbella.

I havent seen any nasty posts from Evie. She always seemed supportive and genuinely happy about people's progress on Bac. But obviously im not privy to the PMs.

I also remember her posting at least twice that she uses only 30mg of Bac within an extra 10 whenever she needs it. I always thought she was just really lucky needing such a low does, but she state what her dose was. Anyway, strange story. Too bad.
          As far as I know Zman, ahe was taking it as a anti-craving med, so basically not doing the Dr Ameisen method- but using it as a drug to mellow her out during the bad days (I am guessing a bit here because she never really explained it). I think that would work for some people but not always- what Zen has described in such detail is of course the Dr Ameisen method...quite a different thing.

I am surprised too at what happened, I think we all are. I hope everyone concerned can put it behind them soon and get on with getting better!

Comment

Are there shills here

oliveoyl;670324 wrote: Hello again Bac still doing nothing for me but still at a low dose (100mg) for my size and will keep dosing up slowly I had a pm from some one here who now seems to have been banned saying this thread is full of shills being people sent in to talk up the Baclofen thing because bac is about to be outed as a cure for alcoholisim and some people are using this place to get recruits for something thats gonna make them a lot of money. I dearly hope this is not the case and the person that PM'd is wrong( I do feel a bit parinoid though) . I know there are many having sucess with bac but is it also about making money? I do wonder though some (not all) including me of the posters gravitating to this thread have very few posts and my antenna raised as lost boy suddenly posts as a big man using bac with success ( after I posted a similar thing just coincidence?). Call me pariniod and i know Im sounding like a conspiracy dick which I am not and actually hate but I am worried this is being used for other purposes!!!!! Lets face it a cure for alcohol addiction will make some people a lot of money including the doc. Sorry the pms have got me wondering and parinoid i hope this isnt about money but a chance for us to heal ourselves. sorry for expressing this worry as long as Bac works I spose it doesnt matter !!!
            Regards
            Olive I wanted to respond straight away when I saw your post but I have learnt from past experience that when you are annoyed it is best to leave it and come back at a later date.

I started my journey of learning in March when I read a few postings on a science blog from a man called billy. I was very interested but wanted to know more info before I took the plunge especially concerning my size. I posted a question to billy and saved the web page in my favourites under BACLOFEN BILLY. He never responded as he had left the forum and I spent the next month trying to find more info on Baclofen untill I came across this forum. That month without info, but knowing there was a possible solution to my problem was hell.

I have spent a lot of time ,while on baclofen , PM ing key people who could help me like BillyB ,Bill P,Zen and Evie Lou ( thank you all for your support ) . Evie was very helpful to me but she did appear to have somehangups about wanting to be recognised as the baclofen saviour.

I have been on the forum every night reading everything that has been posted and my only regret is that there has not been more people and info posted.

All i wanted to do was give something back to this forum and to offer support to people who are finding it difficult and who may be big adults and concerned about potential high dosage without medical supervision.

You mentioned you posted about being a big man on baclofen however I can not find any useful information in the post. If you are worried that you want to be the baclofen big man you are welcome to it as I have been using exercise as part of my programme and I should soon hopefully be back to my fighting weight.

I worry that you are looking at baclofen as a silver bullet and are continuing to drink waiting for the magic to happen. In my opinion Baclofen is only part of the cure and you most take up new good habits to replace the bad habits of drinking and exercise works very well.

I personally found no loss in craving while I was drinking but as soon as I stopped the baclofen started to work. Maybe the alcohol is actually diluting the baclofens effectiveness. I wish you the best of luck with your baclofen trials and hopefully when it has worked with you ,you will feel as I do the need to try and help others beat their addiction.

LOSTBOY

Comment

Are there shills here

withdrawn
              Banned

Comment

Are there shills here

oliveoyl;671202 wrote: Im sorry I posted this it is detracting from the main game which is bac is helping so many Im sorry!!! And getting back to why these threads were created Im up to 100 mgs I did post it wasnt doing any thing but that is false >>>>: I am still drincking but substantially less ... the amazing thing is the reduction of ANXIETY its amazing i was doing a big presentation for work today no anx normally i would be shaking and throwing up in the toilet amazing for me
                Olive You are a sound bloke. If I can be of any help or you just want a chat feel free.

Kind Regards

LOSTBOY :l

PS Don't get freaked out by the huggy thing , I could not find a high 5 !!!

Comment

Are there shills here

Well cognratulations on the anxiety and the drinking.
                  My personal experience is that is a tremendous antianxiety and Ive experimented with several from SSRIs to SNRI's. Put my wife on duloxetine for her fibromyalgia type pain and I tried it myself and it releived my anxiety a bit but nothging campared to the baclofen.
                  Which is a root cause for many people's drinking. Plus after drinking the rebound anxiety magnifies the anxiety causing a vicous cycle of re-self-medicating wtih the alcohol to control it.
                  Baclofen helps break that cycle

Comment

Are there shills here

Siwan;670428 wrote: Wait --Evie was banned?! O.K I'm admitting my stupidity. I though Evie was nice, very supportive. So I guess some of us are not too bright.

Sorry guys, you see why I need outside input!
                    I am back..........different name same support !!!

Comment

Are there shills here

withdrawn
                      Banned

Comment

Are there shills here

Cinders;670335 wrote: OliveOyl,

Wow. I know who that person is and she is an incredibly vindictive person to try to harm someone trying to get well. I keep trying to tell myself that there has to be a reason for her actions, something, anything, but in the end, she has been hurting many people here.

I am sorry.

I won't go into the particulars but what she says is patently untrue. Period. Don't listen to her drivel.

I am sober for a good long time right now from Baclofen. (I am at 120 mg/day and not a large male. ) I take 40/40/40.

I have not found it to be the complete silver bullet but the tool is fantastic for me. Those who know me know I have struggled long and hard with this addiction.

I still think about drinking occasionally. Actually, not too often anymore in retrospect. Hmm. And, I am going through a really stressful situation with work. But I am sober and I do not think I will relapse.

For me this is a miracle.

You are welcome to pm me and I would be glad to discuss any concerns you have.

I cannot now, nor will I ever make money off of Baclofen.

Oh, btw, the pmer, she was one of the first here to extol the virtues of Baclofen. She just got her feelings hurt when others started jumping on the bandwagon and got more attention than her.

Kind of sad, really.

Cindi
                        Cinders, YOU of all people ???
                        Condemning a person with all the facts.
                        Shame on you !!!

Is this the Salem witch trails all over again ???

Comment

Are there shills here

one2many;670359 wrote: Olive,

Cindi is right...please don't let somebodys mad ramblings put you off......that person is no longer here anyway.
                          You too ??? :upset: :upset: :upset:

Comment

Are there shills here

ILOVEMYSELF;671218 wrote: I am back..........different name same support !!!
                            Evie Good to see you back and keep up the support. You were always very kind and helpful to me. Do not worry that no one listened to you when you were trying to spread the word on Baclofen, it is now spreading like wild fire.

I had a tricky start with Baclofen but you were there for me and I am now making great progress. Look at my thread "LOSTBOY Baclofen for a big man". You are reponsible for that.

Many thanks

LOSTBOY :thanks: :l

Comment

Are there shills here

YoungAtHeart;670455 wrote: Hi OliveOyl,

There are people who become members to hawk products and such. MWO members usually jump on them like a duck on a June bug, and they are permanently banned within a day or two.

This is quite a different case. Many members here have tried different medications or other treatment protocals to try to achieve success in their struggle against alcohol. In the spirit of MWO, those people share their stories in an effort to try to help others. If you have read the Medications forum and the Holistic Healing forum, it is full of stuff like this. It is intended to share what works for them.

As far as the PM you received, I believe that it is an effort to smear the efforts of some of our members who want to share in an earnest way. I'm sorry that you got caught up in this baloney.
                              I think that my PM may have not been worded in a way that Olive understood what I was saying.

I will no longer PM my points but put them out on the boards for general dissuasion so that no further miss understanding will happen.

I love you Olive and I just t didn't word my message right.
                              Try to remember what the P in PM means......PRIVATE message ???

Comment

Are there shills here

Lostboy;670739 wrote: Olive I wanted to respond straight away when I saw your post but I have learnt from past experience that when you are annoyed it is best to leave it and come back at a later date.

I started my journey of learning in March when I read a few postings on a science blog from a man called billy. I was very interested but wanted to know more info before I took the plunge especially concerning my size. I posted a question to billy and saved the web page in my favourites under BACLOFEN BILLY. He never responded as he had left the forum and I spent the next month trying to find more info on Baclofen untill I came across this forum. That month without info, but knowing there was a possible solution to my problem was hell.

I have spent a lot of time ,while on Baclofen , PM ing key people who could help me like BillyB ,Bill P,Zen and Evie Lou ( thank you all for your support ) . Evie was very helpful to me but she did appear to have somehangups about wanting to be recognised as the baclofen Saviour.

I have been on the forum every night reading everything that has been posted and my only regret is that there has not been more people and info posted.

All i wanted to do was give something back to this forum and to offer support to people who are finding it difficult and who may be big adults and concerned about potential high dosage without medical supervision.

You mentioned you posted about being a big man on Baclofen however I can not find any useful information in the post. If you are worried that you want to be the baclofen big man you are welcome to it as I have been using exercise as part of my programme and I should soon hopefully be back to my fighting weight.

I worry that you are looking at baclofen as a silver bullet and are continuing to drink waiting for the magic to happen. In my opinion Baclofen is only part of the cure and you most take up new good habits to replace the bad habits of drinking and exercise works very well.

I personally found no loss in craving while I was drinking but as soon as I stopped the baclofen started to work. Maybe the alcohol is actually diluting the baclofens effectiveness. I wish you the best of luck with your baclofen trials and hopefully when it has worked with you ,you will feel as I do the need to try and help others beat their addiction.

LOSTBOY
                                Lost, I apologize if that was YOUR impression. I was VERY excited by my results and wanted others to try it Baclofen.....That was my motive (That's a far WAY from trying to be a savior).

Comment

Working...
                                X