Mod Squad December 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad December 09

Where is everybody...been kinda quiet here on the mod squad boards for the last couple of days. I've been hangin out in a new forum in general discussions with a fun group of gals called No Men Pause Here!! started out as Gals over 50...anyway...fun group...mainly AF , but fun anyway.

Hubby and I have been doing well with our modding the last half of November. Were at 100 mg of Topa & I think were going to hang there...I don't think were going to take it any higher...thre brain fog was getting pretty intense week two, but I started to adjust..& Mr Rejuve & I feel like the cravings are pretty well under control with this dosage & the supps.
    We dropped down to just the subliminals now oin the tapes now too. Pretty happy with the results.

We went up to Blackhawk to do some gambling last week...I was concerned that might be a problem...as that was an envirnment where we can get free booze & were used to playing & drinking. Was plesantly suprised that I enjoyed myself just as much with drinking water...imagine that.

Rejuve

Mod Squad December 09

Rejuve , Its good to see that you & hubby are doing well ~ I'm not taking any supps , just stringing my AF days together , November was good , only had 3 glasses of wine all month ~ Great job:goodjob: on going to a gambling resort , you passed the temptation test..:l:l Em
    Non Drinker 9/09
    Non Smoker 6/09
    Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Rejuv,
      Thanks for starting this month's thread. Glad to hear that the program is working for you and hubby. I have also looked at that Men No Pause thread, but I'm tapering off of MWO, not looking to get involved with another group here. I'll continue to post weekly on my "Weight Loss after Menopause" thread under Fitness, for the forseeable future, and here when the mood hits me.

Emmy, are you joining the occasional drinking thinking?
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Hi Squad,

Rejuv, I am interested to hear more about how you feel on Topa. I took it for a month when I first joined MWO and it was great -- totally took away my "taste" for wine. I was planning on seeing my Doc this week to speak to her about going back on it again as the Bac hasn't worked for me as I can't get the dosage up due to the high cost.

Emmy, 3 glasses of wine all month!! That's something to really be proud of!

Hi (((Sun)))
        I am doing okay -- just really busy at work and home but things are slowly quietening down.
        I have 8 functions to attend between now and the 10th so I've put a plan into place to ensure I mod successfully.

Other than that, nothing interesting happing this side of the world... just wanted to pop in and say HI while I have my computer to myself.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Hi Everyone,
          I've been busy too. Congrats Rejuv and Emmy...Well done.

Have a great day, friends.
          Sara
          "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Hi all -- I thought I'd drop in. It's been a while. I lurk here from time to time to see how my old friends are doing but I just don't think to get on the board anymore. Alcohol is just sort of fading from my consciousness. I'm still moderating the Sinclair board but thinking of giving that up too, for the same reason. Glad to see everyone doing well.

Sara, I read what you said about L-Glutamine possibly causing weight gain. I've taken glutamine for quite a while, and I've only read about it being associated with weight gain for body builders who seek to add mass. I've seen it as a weight loss aid. Here's an article with citations to studies that discusses glutamine. Hope it helps. Glutamine Review: Potent Appetite Suppressant, Craving Killer!

Emmy, I laughed when I read you had nearly finished your Christmas shopping! I wish I could do that. Every year I shop early, I just keep on finding great gifts for everyone and end up going waayyy over-budget. So I plan to shop at the last minute.

My very best to all.

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

DeeBee;768826 wrote: Hi Squad,

Rejuv, I am interested to hear more about how you feel on Topa. I took it for a month when I first joined MWO and it was great -- totally took away my "taste" for wine. I was planning on seeing my Doc this week to speak to her about going back on it again as the Bac hasn't worked for me as I can't get the dosage up due to the high cost.

Emmy, 3 glasses of wine all month!! That's something to really be proud of!

Hi (((Sun)))
              I am doing okay -- just really busy at work and home but things are slowly quietening down.
              I have 8 functions to attend between now and the 10th so I've put a plan into place to ensure I mod successfully.

Other than that, nothing interesting happing this side of the world... just wanted to pop in and say HI while I have my computer to myself.
              Glad to share...we only pay a $10 co-pay on the Topa....think it would probably be the same for us on the Baclofen for us...but I hadn't considered it, because we were following the book....

Got to get back to work right now....just thought I'd drop in for a momemnt , but I'll get back to you DeeBee

Rejuve

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Hi all,
                Thanks Rejuv for starting the thread and thanks Wannabee for kicking us in the arse to getting it going!

We're back from our trip and it took a week to get over the jet lag with a 14 hour difference!! Then it was
                Thanksgiving plus we're having wooden floors being installed in all of our bedrooms so we've been busy.

I guess I find myself tapering down from here as well. Maybe it's just a natural progression. We struggle and analyze and probably say as much as we can say and sometimes it feels like it's all been said. The discouraging part of course is when we find ourselves in the same bad pattern and that gets difficult as well.

November was an odd month as we drank daily on vacation/holiday and never do that in real life. Had a couple of nights of going 2 over the limit drinking with our new Aussie friends. We always encounter friendly Austrailians who love to drink.

So, I'll see how December goes and keep working the program but don't feel the need to visit daily nor seem to have the time to.

Was so good to see all of my "oldie" friends and always good to hear from new folks.
                Have a good night. AF since Dec 1st so far.
                Eve11
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Hey Everyone,
                  Welcome home, Eve! Good for you for heading into December AF, after your trip.

I've been feeling very stressed out...too much to do, too little time to relax, and my moods have been up and down. Yesterday I had a conflict with hubby which left me feeling bad.

It seems that the Mod Squad may be fading out, and I guess that's a natural progression. I'm not sure where to turn here at MWO when times are tough, since all the other threads now seem to be AF not moderation based. Maybe that means it's time to try and build up more "real life" friendships. There aren't many people I can talk to about my drinking issues, since I am apprehensive about anyone knowing in this small town of outwardly perfect women! I'm sure there are others who struggle with stress and moods and the temptation to use alcohol to manage them. I just have to figure out who they are and who I can trust. I work in a sensitive and somewhat public position in this town, too, so I would be destroyed if it became known that I had any unresolved issues with drinking. That's part of why the anonymity of MWO has been so helpful.

Anyway, I'm not saying goodbye yet...I'll keep checking in to see who's still around. This has been a wonderful place for me.

Sara
                  "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Sara,
                    You (or anyone) can always send me a PM, and I will respond because right to my mailbox. I'm on email frequently. It's not the same as the group, but better than no support. The support through the forums at MWO has given me my life back, and I will be eternally grateful.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Sara,
                      Sunbeam (hello SB((( )))! you beat me to the punch). The same goes for me Sara. P.M. if you ever need a friend to talk to.

I think I'll keep coming around but it is a busy time of year and sometimes I don't need the support like I did before so I tend to not spend the time coming here. Also, it becomes the same ol', same ol' for me.

Unfortunately I keep having the same problem of moderating well and then going over my limits once a month. Because I can't control my drinking 100% and mod 100% effectively I am always mulling in my brain the thought that I shouldn't drink at all...yet I want to believe I can moderate...and the battle continues and continues.

So, when that happens (going over my limit) I lose my oomph to be here as I'm not sounding or being a strong, effective modder.

Honestly, after two years of being here I think there are very few people who can truly mod (Sunbeam being one of them).

Me?? I keep slipping and getting back up and slipping and getting back up. So, it's hard to come here when I've failed again, yet I don't belong on the AF boards because I haven't made the AF commitment and sometimes I too feel like "the man with no country".

So, let's be p.m. buddies if need be and let's keep coming here just to share our thoughts, struggles and what we're learning with those who believe that they too can mod.
                      :l
                      Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

just reading thread here and i hope you dont mind me popping in,but would you not drop into next day thread or the army thread,as it doesnt matter a hoot whether your drinking or not,they are threads for just light hearted banter,but they can also give you support if you want to talk or to show you are not alone,just a thought.:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Thanks Mario!!

mario;770822 wrote: ...it doesnt matter a hoot whether your drinking or not,they are threads for just light hearted banter,but they can also give you support if you want to talk or to show you are not alone,just a thought.:-)
                          Thanks Mario!!
                          :l
                          Eve11

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

What i was trying to say,that sometimes threads can get a bit repetitive and that if anyone wants to they can join in the above threads,as there is no abstaining or moderating goal in them they are just for daily talk & support,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Nice one Mario.
                              I look forward to seeing you guys on the Army thread, I virtually live there.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                              X