Can I even be helped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I even be helped?

Well, after struggling so much last night for a drink, today has been good and hadn't thought about drinking. My husband just informed me "I was bad today and bought a bottle". We have been sober 16 days now. I don't see any way around it, I'm gonna drink tonight. Just knowing there is vodka in the house makes me want to go fix one right now. I am almost to the point of giving up. I don't think I will ever quit drinking! I really want to. I just don't know what to do or if I can even be helped!
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Can I even be helped?

Hang in there, sickofbeingsick!

If you really want to not drink, then let me remind you that this is a choice. No one is forcing you to do anything. You can choose not to drink or you can choose to drink. You are an adult. (That's what I tell myself anyway)

You can decide not to drink right now. Dump the alcohol before you can think further about it and tell your husband not tonight. Today is not forever...it is just one day. Let the alcohol go for today and worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

You can do this.

Comment

Can I even be helped?

Hi there, chin up. It is so very difficult when you have an enabler, especially someone who is giving your addiction it's fix.

I have so been through this with my husband, he hated me drinking, but did everything he could do to make me drink. He bought wine for me, pushed all of the necessary buttons to prevent me having solid sobriety. I went for treatment and when I got home,he poured himself a big glass of wine.

You will have freedom from alcohol, just take the steps.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Can I even be helped?

Hope you're okay, Vicki. No matter what, just keep coming back here. Please don't give up! Has your husband joined? I think he is trying to get sober too, right? Might help.

Wishing you both a safe night.

Comment

Can I even be helped?

Just say no today. Think of how great you will feel about your power if you say no. Do it for us. Do it for you.

Comment

Can I even be helped?

Oh, God, thank you all for your encouragement. I'm okay right now. We just ate supper. He knows I'm mad but hasn't said anything. Lodestar: dumping the alcohol out does sound like a good idea. I'm trying to weigh the choices, no alchol and big fight with husband or drink the alcohol and have a good time ... if I could only stop at one! My husband has been sober with me. We were doing this together. He won't come to this site because he doesn't want to ever talk about alcohol or his desire and need for it. He's basically a dry drunk. SKendall: I could so relate to everything you said. But this time he did really want to quit with me. He was doing so good or so I thought. Thanks for your encouragement. PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!
            I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,

Comment

Can I even be helped?

Sick

I know exactly where you are it...it's not easy...if your really want to quit or control the bottle there is a lot of information on this site about the many different ways to do it.

I know the F-it...I cant quit feeling so whats the point and then just keep drinking...for me it was TSM...and just like you I wondered and thought nothing will work for me...man once your out of the forest you can look back at the trees that kept you from seeing...LOL just hard to get out of the forest.

Good luck in your fight

Comment

Can I even be helped?

Hi Sick of being sick,
                I'm new to this site. For 7 years I have drunk every night even with a hangover. Today is day 2. I have a brand new bottle in my kitchen that I've been looking at since yesturday. I think it helpS me to know that the drink is there if i really need it. I know it sounds weird but if I didn't have the bottle in my house I would feel as if I didn't have the control. I just keep looking at it and keep reminding myself that it is there. I AM JUST NOT GOING TO DRINK IT TODAY! Hang-in there.You are going to be just fine.
                Hope this helps. I will be thinking and praying for you.
                M22

Comment

Can I even be helped?

Whew! So relieved you're back!

Good job. You're doing it right now. A big fight is better for you than alcohol, Vicki. You will be disappointed tomorrow and feel hungover. I know that is not how you want to wake up. Trust me, you will not wake up tomorrow and say, "man, I sure wish I drank last night" if you don't. Listen, you can always choose to drink some other day...just don't make it today.

The horrible thing about quitting anything with anyone is when one caves in, it seemingly gives the other permission. I've been there before. Get rid of the temptation and let your husband deal with it.

I believe in you.

Comment

Can I even be helped?

Here's what I did!

I told my spouse to take his beer, his cigars, his whiskey out to the garage he built specially for himself across the driveway! He has a desk, a TV, a refrig., all the comforts of 'home' out there. He can sit out there & do whatever the hell he wants - just keep it out of my face!

This has worked out perfectly
                    Stick to your guns - sending you my 'special strength' aka 'Lavan-itude'!!!!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Can I even be helped?

Oh you are so NOT alone. I had to ban all AL from my home. I have to have some safe place. I lost some friends, but I am sober. Goal accomplished. I can imagine you can't ban a partner...well at least not a spouse. Keep trying...it took me about a month to drink non-stop and 3 years to sober up. You can do it.
                      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Can I even be helped?

Lavande;804432 wrote: Here's what I did!

I told my spouse to take his beer, his cigars, his whiskey out to the garage he built specially for himself across the driveway! He has a desk, a TV, a refrig., all the comforts of 'home' out there. He can sit out there & do whatever the hell he wants - just keep it out of my face!

Lav
                        Um... Keeper... :h
                        I wish my ex would have just given me a bit of space.. may have helped. But I digress...

Comment

Can I even be helped?

Well, I failed. I feel like a hypocrite for even coming back to this site because there are so many wonderful people here trying to quit and I don't want to be a disappointment. I hate myself today. It was an awesome beautiful day with 4" of snow when I woke up and I live in Miss so we rarely ever see snow, but I couldn't even enjoy it because of the guilt, frustration and hatred of myself! Thank all of you for trying to help me though.

Comment

Can I even be helped?

Hey Sicks

Just dust yourself off and get back on track. I think it is good to have those feelings of guilt etc it shows we know we want something better for ourselves and here we are sabataging our best laid plans!! Oh and can you still go and enjoy that snow!
                            Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Can I even be helped?

many failures

is part of the process.....but....get rid of the guilt and frustration....because it will make you drink again.

My hubby has been super supportive the times I have quit....but when I picked up again...he did tell me "how nice it was to have a drink at home again"....that one statement has stuck in my head. And its not a good one.

This was awhile ago....and I know its up to me. Yet....I can not imagine the stories I have read here. Why does one want you to stop....but not....and then play with you? Pouring it in your face?

Comment

Working...
                              X