PDA

View Full Version : Wt loss Exercise Thread

bratty57
October 13th, 2010, 12:44 PM
In my life before alcohol, I was quite the exercise nut, so i am going to focus on what i love once again to help me stay AF.

I have a goal of losing 34 lbs of which i have lost 5 and I have a goal of building my biking miles to 30... If you wanna join in and post your goals and progress, please do. Focusing on something other than alcohol will be a help to me.......sooooo, HERE I GO..

Saturday Oct 9, I did a 13 mile bike tour.. almost croaked..lol but made it
Monday Oct 11, I biked 3 miles
Tuesday Oct 12 , I biked 6 miles and walked 1 mile
Wednesday Oct 13, I biked 3 miles and worked out with weights for 20 mins.

Wt. loss 5 lbs....29 to go ! ! ! ! ! :rays:

sapphire1
October 13th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Hi there Bratty,

I would like to join here and post as I too have a goal to reclaim my former fitness and keep away from al. I am an exercise physiologist and had my own business for over 23 years until al ruined it (or I should say, I allowed al to ruin it). My goal is to lose weight around 15kilos.

Wednesday Oct. 13, I biked 10kms, walked 5kms, worked out with weights for 40mins

I will check in later today Aus. time and record...have a great day. Saff

bratty57
October 13th, 2010, 03:58 PM
HI Sapphire ! !:welcome:

Great to have you join me. I found it inspiring in the past to keep a log and be accountable for my actions. Although, i know i will slip up on eatin what i shouldnt and skippin exercise once in a while..this will help me to do better.

sapphire1
October 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM
HI Bratty,

I am also a Personal Trainer and my job is to get behind my clients and help them to achieve their goals. It is hard work and quite often I am left exhausted from the mental drain. And paradoxically my own program suffers, so this will help to motivate me and keep me on track. Onwards and upwards!

bratty57
October 13th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Hey Sapphire,

I would just imagine that your job takes alot of mental effort. It would be exhausting.

Our personal well being seems to always suffer cuz we put other people and or our jobs before our own needs. I have done that too much and have lost myself in the process.

I am here to get myself Back !

sapphire1
October 13th, 2010, 05:46 PM
bratty57;980859 wrote: Hey Sapphire,

I would just imagine that your job takes alot of mental effort. It would be exhausting.

Our personal well being seems to always suffer cuz we put other people and or our jobs before our own needs. I have done that too much and have lost myself in the process.

I am here to get myself Back !
Go Bratty:goodjob: We rock:cool:

BedrosFerrigno
October 14th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I drink occasionally but gained a lot of weight after booze comes to my system?

bratty57
October 14th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Thursday-October 14

I rode my bike 5 1/4 miles today .. did some hills to strengthen legs.

I wanted to get more in today, at least a walk, but i have a party to be at as soon as i get off work.. RATZ!

oh.. i almost forgot.. i lost one pound .. that makes 6..28 to go !

sapphire1
October 15th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Hi Bratty,

Well done on your efforts today! I have biked 10kms; Ran 4kms and done some light yoga. Feeling very motivated and keeping to my eating. I will weigh in on Sunday morning.:)

bratty57
October 15th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Friday October 15, 2010

Thanks Sapphire.. i have to build up my endurance once again. I am sore right now from the weights .. gotta work it out !

Today i rode my bike 2 miles and walked 3 . I also lifted weights for 20 minutes.
Lost one more pound.
7 so for since AF
27 to go !

sapphire1
October 16th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Hi bratty,

Is that your dog in your avatar? If so, what breed. I have a staffordshire bull terrier, black with white patches...she is my running/walking partner/best friend. Hill hike today in the mountains 2hours...fairly leisurely though, a bit tired today so will have a hot bath and a rest. Diet going o.k. but not fantastic....ate a chocky bar, but will let myself off the hook! Make up for it tomorrow with some energetic biking.

bratty57
October 16th, 2010, 10:59 AM
H Sapphire,

Yes , that is my dog. His name is Hosea. He is a boston terrier. Still a pup, so i am training him to walk, etc. He is getting the hang of it, but takin a while.

My diet is going pretty good. Lost one more pound . I know the weight loss will slow down dramatically. I always lose well at the beginning and then taper off.

I dont know about exercise today. I hope to get in a bike ride... i will have to see. Have alot on the agenda today.

techie
October 16th, 2010, 11:10 AM
bratty57;980726 wrote: In my life before alcohol, I was quite the exercise nut, so i am going to focus on what i love once again to help me stay AF.

I have a goal of losing 34 lbs of which i have lost 5 and I have a goal of building my biking miles to 30... If you wanna join in and post your goals and progress, please do. Focusing on something other than alcohol will be a help to me.......sooooo, HERE I GO..

Saturday Oct 9, I did a 13 mile bike tour.. almost croaked..lol but made it
Monday Oct 11, I biked 3 miles
Tuesday Oct 12 , I biked 6 miles and walked 1 mile
Wednesday Oct 13, I biked 3 miles and worked out with weights for 20 mins.

Wt. loss 5 lbs....29 to go ! ! ! ! ! :rays:
WOW I'm impressed. Keep it up. I hope you'll continue to post your progress. i wish you the best!

sapphire1
October 16th, 2010, 05:48 PM
bratty57;982938 wrote: H Sapphire,

Yes , that is my dog. His name is Hosea. He is a boston terrier. Still a pup, so i am training him to walk, etc. He is getting the hang of it, but takin a while.

My diet is going pretty good. Lost one more pound . I know the weight loss will slow down dramatically. I always lose well at the beginning and then taper off.

I dont know about exercise today. I hope to get in a bike ride... i will have to see. Have alot on the agenda today.
gday Bratty,

It doesnt hurt to have a day off to get in some recovery. Muscle only rebuilds while you are resting and metabolic rate lowered. Your pup looks really cute. Have a fabulous day. Saff

Sunnyvalenting
October 16th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I have lost over 30 pounds in past 4 months by walking daily 3+ miles and lifting weights 1-2 day/week and eating light healthy food and not drinking.
I eat 4+ servings of veggies/day and concentrate on whole grains quality protein etc. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks/day. The key is taking a long range approach. Being AF helps a lot.
Sunny

sapphire1
October 16th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah!!!! I have weighed in and have lost 1.2kgs in two weeks. Slow and steady wins the race. Hi there Sunny, you have a good wellrounded plan there, and yes I agree the approach needs to be long range, and life-long just as our fight with al will be. Saffy

bratty57
October 16th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Well i did get to get in 2 miles of walking, thank goodness.. i was worried i wouldnt get to do anything.

Lost one pound. I have lost 8 now and have 26 to go !

Hi techie,
Thank you for the encouragement. Right now this site is very important to me. It helps me thru each day.

HI Sapphire and Sunny ! !
Keep up the excellent work !

Sunnyvalenting
October 17th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Collectively we are a bunch of happy loosers!
Sunny

bratty57
October 18th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Yesterday i biked for 5 miles. It was such a beautiful day ! ! I loved it...
No pounds lost this morning, but NONE GAINED ! That is great for me cuz i kinda eat what i want on Sundays. Had homemade chocolate cake (tom selleck cake) and fried chicken. But i didnt over indulge.
I may just rest today. My body is kinda cryin out for that.

bratty57
October 18th, 2010, 01:04 PM
HI SUNNY ! I love that...We ARE a bunch of happy losers..lol

bratty57
October 18th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Hey Sapphire,

I need to look up how the kgs , km, and kilos compares to miles, pounds etc.. i am a bit ignorant on that stuff...lol

sapphire1
October 18th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Hi Bratty, you are doing a fantastic job:goodjob:

Re conversion from imperial to metric, 1kg = 2.246LBS. 1 MILE = 1.609kms.

Had a rest yesterday and did very little, as my muscles felt like lead. Today I am going to the gym and plan to to 20mins Treadmill; 20mins crosstrainer; 20mins rower and 30mins of weight training. I train with fairly heavy weights once a week and light weights twice a week.
Fairly intense day today so I will rest this afternoon and be strict with diet. I am starting to push myself a lot harder and it feels fabulous. Sleeping really well and my mood is upbeat and steady. My motto is: GO HARD OR GO HOME:H:H but that is my personal way of doing things and not for everyone. It has always been that way for me. Certain people thrive on intense training and I am one of them. I am just so happy that I am back at it again! Will check in tomorrow...have a good day Love Saffx

bratty57
October 18th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the info Sapphire. .
Now I can understand what you are talking aboiut...lol Gosh ! You really had a work out. I love it too, just have to make time for it. I have to quit putting other things before it. I need to get back into shape.

Today
Monday, October 18

I rode my bike 3 miles and worked out with weights for 20 minutes, did my abs..was gonna rest, but had a little energy, so i used it up.

Sunnyvalenting
October 18th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Today I walked 3.8 miles. 1+ mile was on the stair stepper and 5 mins time was jogging. I burned over 500 calories. I try to burn about 500 calories/d at the gym

bratty57
October 19th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Fantastic Sunny ! ! You just dont know how much i HATE the stair stepper, so i am impressed with a mile. I wont make it 30 seconds...lol....

I am off to get a bike ride in and hopefully a walk before work. I didnt lose a pound last night and am a bit discourage with my exercise and STARVING ! Hopefully the scales will show some progress in the morning.......

ChickenNumber3
October 19th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Can I join in?

Basically I want to get back to fitness and loose about 10- kg (all alcohol and munchies caused)..so although I don't think I will ever be going as hard as you lot are, this is my plan...

Mondays....walk dog 1/2 hr (fast walk) in morning or arvo
Tuesdays....1hr Bellydancing class
Wednesday...Swordpractice for about 45 mins
Thursday...walk the dog
Friday....??day off??
Saturday...not sure/probably walk the dog
Sunday.... 2 hours swordfighting

In between that I try to do some oppurtunistic stuff, like taking the kids for a walk or pushing the stroller. Will let you know how I go, will weigh in tomorrow, but tonight was Bellydancing and I will be sore tomorrow......so it was a work out :)
Wish me luck folks and here's to reclaiming our health!!

bratty57
October 19th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Welcome !

OH YES CHOOK ! ! :welcome:

SO happy to have you join us . We need you. We can encourage each other and keep active. Any kind of exercise is good. I am going to start walking my dog more. He and i will both love it.

bratty57
October 19th, 2010, 09:27 AM
hmmm belly dancing. I love to dance, but have never tried that. I bet it is fun. There is nothing around this small town like that to do . Wish there was. I am thinking of joinin the YMCA for the winter..otherwise i am afraid i will sit on my bootie to keep warm...lol

fluff
October 19th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I'm joining in, too! I ran 3 miles today and did 50 stair push-ups ( while holding in my stomach)- :) I want to lose 20 lbs- so this will help motivate me! Belly dancing should really be great exercise- I saw a woman on 'Ellen' yesterday doing pole dancing- supposed to really work all you core muscles- I don't have a pole so I'll stick to stair push-ups!

bratty57
October 19th, 2010, 02:08 PM
HI FLUFF ! !

Good to see you join us. Ahhh, i admire runners. I just cant seem to get motivated to run. Knees dont like it, and being a bit big chested.. they have a tendancy to come back up and smack me...lol.. guess i need a good sports bra !

rebirth
October 19th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Hello people. I am joining in too. I only have about 8 pounds to lose but I cant get rid of them!!!!
I have decided to do more exercises in the mornings amnd hope that some pounds will eventuelly drop off.
I do taebo by Billy Blanks. He is great!

sapphire1
October 19th, 2010, 03:47 PM
bratty57;984905 wrote: HI FLUFF ! !

Good to see you join us. Ahhh, i admire runners. I just cant seem to get motivated to run. Knees dont like it, and being a bit big chested.. they have a tendancy to come back up and smack me...lol.. guess i need a good sports bra !
If you are really interested in running/jogging Bratty, you could use an old trick that others including busty me.......wrap your girls up in 4" wide elastic bandage, criss/cross and then around, then put your sports bra over the top....and voila...no more bounce!!!! Saves heaps on expensive bras that dont really work. Just a thought.

sapphire1
October 19th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Great to see so many of us onboard!!!!! Today, I start the day with a massage (i am doing it), that will take care of upper body work as it is quite strenuous. Followed by a run 1/2 hour and about 20minutes of core exercises on my fitball. My dog will probably insist on an afternoon walk...well see if I have anything left in the tank by then. Diet on track...am sticking to around 1800 cals per day...I use up around 700cals in exercise per day, so dont want to go into deprivation mode and stop fat burning by having too little, which is always a risk. Have a fabulous day today...keep on moving, Saffyxx:happy::alf::banana::yougo::racer:

bratty57
October 19th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks Sapphire,
I might have to try that out.

I try not to go too low on my calories , either. Some people surprise me on how they think they should eat and lose. Proudly announcing they hadnt had anything all day but a piece of toast or something. I know the starvation thing dont work, your body will start tryin to hang on to the fat to save you...lol..

bratty57
October 19th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Alrighty ! Today i rode my bike 7 miles.. rolled over the 300 mark for the summer. Not too great, but at least i am exercising now consistantly.. I also walked 1 mile ! !
Fighting th FIGHT !
oh ! I almost forgot.. i lost one pound last night..that makes 9..25 to go. Gosh that seems like a long road, but i know i can get there. Think of all the calories i am doing without not drinking ! !

ChickenNumber3
October 20th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Hmmm, well during lunch break today I did about a half hours walk, then tonight after work and before tea I did about half-hour of sword practice! So there's about an hour...but I did succumbed to my hubby's most excellent seafood pizza...*sigh*...so um, just indid everything I've done for the last week..but oh well, atleast I'm keeping it regular and consistent too. Have no idea what kind of calories I'm burning though????? No weight in tonight cause I know it would be depressing, will wait for a good day :)

See you all tommorrow
Chook

fluff
October 20th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Trying to keep it mostly low-carbs-although still put sugar in my one cup of coffee in the a.m.
Had poached eggs on one piece of toast- for breakfast-
Going to the track to do 3 miles, right now- Just not going to weigh myself till tomorrow- I figure on day 3 of no alcohol-your body starts to lose the weight or bloat- and I've been drinking a lot of blueberry and cherry tea-which seems to be somewhat of a diuretic.
For lunch-having salad with turkey, tomato, greek olives and some mozzarella cheese( balls)-
dinner- Pork roast with some veggie and maybe mashed potatoes...
Chook -seafood pizza- YUM!
Bratty- mixing it up is good -too !:)

bratty57
October 20th, 2010, 11:04 AM
rebirth;984958 wrote: Hello people. I am joining in too. I only have about 8 pounds to lose but I cant get rid of them!!!!
I have decided to do more exercises in the mornings amnd hope that some pounds will eventuelly drop off.
I do taebo by Billy Blanks. He is great!
Hi REBIRTH !

Welcome ! I love Billy Blanks. He sure works your butt off ! I cant hang too long with him. lol

fluff
October 20th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Nothing like jogging 3 miles with the crisp fall air in your lungs- I feel great! A natural high!
Better than booze, any day! :)
Rebirth- I saw you were here- I'll have to try Billy Blanks, too- I've heard so much about his workouts-

bratty57
October 20th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Today .. Wednesday, October 20,

I rode my bike 5 1/2 miles, walked 1 mile and did weights/abs for 25 minutes..

rebirth
October 20th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Fluff - his dvd is great! Try Taebo energise. My wobbly arms are less wobbly after two weeks!
I always work out in the morning because i was told that you loss more fat if you exercise before breakfast

rebirth
October 20th, 2010, 03:18 PM
How much more weight do you have to lose bratty57?

rebirth
October 20th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I just ate a whole pack of shortbreads. tut tut. No wonder I cant lose weight!

bratty57
October 20th, 2010, 05:16 PM
rebirth;985839 wrote: How much more weight do you have to lose bratty57?
I want to lose 25 more pounds. It is slowing down now though. It gets frustrating after the first pounds. I have lost 9 since i quit drinking two weeks ago. I am trying to gain as much muscle as i can in my legs so i can go on longer bike tours.

I am tryin to remind myself that muscle weighs more than fat. I just have to hang in there and the pounds and inches will drop off. I have done it before, so i know i can do it again.

sapphire1
October 20th, 2010, 06:46 PM
bratty57;985923 wrote: I want to lose 25 more pounds. It is slowing down now though. It gets frustrating after the first pounds. I have lost 9 since i quit drinking two weeks ago. I am trying to gain as much muscle as i can in my legs so i can go on longer bike tours.

I am tryin to remind myself that muscle weighs more than fat. I just have to hang in there and the pounds and inches will drop off. I have done it before, so i know i can do it again.
Hello Bratty, Rebirth and others to come today,

Bratty are you doing weight training to gain muscle in your legs? If not, then youmight like to add weighted squats to your program. Calf raises and half dead lifts for the hamstring muscles. A regime of 3 sets of 15-20 for each exercise 2 x week is a good start. I'm off for a run - aiming to do 8kms today am and then weight training this afternoon for approx 30mins. Weight loss to date is 2kg (4.5lbs)...I'm happy with that and dont expect it to be a regular loss. Have a good day everyone. Love Saffy

sapphire1
October 20th, 2010, 06:48 PM
bratty57;985923 wrote: I want to lose 25 more pounds. It is slowing down now though. It gets frustrating after the first pounds. I have lost 9 since i quit drinking two weeks ago. I am trying to gain as much muscle as i can in my legs so i can go on longer bike tours.

Muscle is also twice as metabolically active as fat, so the more muscle you gain, the greater the fat-burning powerhouse becomes.

ChickenNumber3
October 20th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Was going to get up early and take dog for walk.......didn't happen *urgh*
Will try to do SOMETHING today! Am really sore and achey from the swordfight last night..burises on bruises, so might just do a walk later,will weigh in also *yikes* here goes:

Bugger...nothing lost..dang that pizza!!!!!!
*sigh*

bratty57
October 20th, 2010, 07:41 PM
sapphire1;985979 wrote: Hello Bratty, Rebirth and others to come today,

Bratty are you doing weight training to gain muscle in your legs? If not, then youmight like to add weighted squats to your program. Calf raises and half dead lifts for the hamstring muscles. A regime of 3 sets of 15-20 for each exercise 2 x week is a good start. I'm off for a run - aiming to do 8kms today am and then weight training this afternoon for approx 30mins. Weight loss to date is 2kg (4.5lbs)...I'm happy with that and dont expect it to be a regular loss. Have a good day everyone. Love Saffy
Sapphire,
Yes i do want to gain muscle in my legs, but i havent been doing any weight training for it. Oooooo how i hate squats, but i will try to start working them in..lol.. and i will do the calf raises also. What is a half dead lift?
Thanks for the help !

bratty57
October 20th, 2010, 07:43 PM
sapphire1;985980 wrote: Muscle is also twice as metabolically active as fat, so the more muscle you gain, the greater the fat-burning powerhouse becomes.
Hmmm that is good to know. How long does the exercise you do keep burning calories? Or does it stop as soon as you stop?

sapphire1
October 20th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Some studies show that there is increased metabolic rate for up to four hours after exercise ceases....so there is up to 25% more fatburning post exercise for about four hours...capitalise on this by moving more incidentally even when not engaged in active exercise..hope I have explained this o.k.

sapphire1
October 20th, 2010, 09:35 PM
bratty57;986009 wrote: Sapphire,
Yes i do want to gain muscle in my legs, but i havent been doing any weight training for it. Oooooo how i hate squats, but i will try to start working them in..lol.. and i will do the calf raises also. What is a half dead lift?
Thanks for the help !
Bratty the half dead lift is performed as follows: Stand with feet just wider than hip width apart.....bend knees slightly and at the same time, keeping the spine neutral (S Shape) Bend forward from the hips..pick up weights (either barbell of dumbells), return to standing, keeping weight at knee height and arms straight, repeat (abs must be kept tight throughtout)..fabulous exercise for thighs, back and core muscles.

Sunnyvalenting
October 20th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I walk at gym 3+miles/day and also do static "super reps" a few times/week. Got an ebook online from Pete Sisco which explains how to do it. It is really interesting that he claims that we don't need to do any more than lift the heaviest amount we can hold for 5 seconds. So right now I do weightlifting of 25 seconds twice/week (5 different holds). It takes much longer to load and arrange the positions than it does for the actual exercises. also you gain strength very quickly. I am only on the second week and today I did leg press of 610 pounds for 5 seconds! (I am a 58 year old 5'2'' female. I plan to see if this is truly the breakthrough strength program he claims. Who wants to spend useless hours doing injurious reps at the gym? I have been on diet and exercise for 4+ months. Going well
Sunny

sapphire1
October 20th, 2010, 11:12 PM
This sounds like a slightly different version of the 1 rep max system. I would be a bit skeptical about this system for beginners as the loads required to perform 1 rep max are very high and to unconditioned muscles could cause too much too soon and therefore injury. Also static holds do not work on strengthening the muscle at the origin and insertion points, they activate crossbridging in the belly of the muscle and dont provide strength in the lengthened phase. I would be very interested to see how you go Sunny,but I wouldnt recommend this for general conditioning for beginners. Saff

ChickenNumber3
October 21st, 2010, 07:08 AM
Another unplanned 45 mins of sword fighting today.....and no alcohol,which was tempting,so glad I did not give in or give up.
Chook

bratty57
October 21st, 2010, 07:26 AM
sapphire1;986055 wrote: Bratty the half dead lift is performed as follows: Stand with feet just wider than hip width apart.....bend knees slightly and at the same time, keeping the spine neutral (S Shape) Bend forward from the hips..pick up weights (either barbell of dumbells), return to standing, keeping weight at knee height and arms straight, repeat (abs must be kept tight throughtout)..fabulous exercise for thighs, back and core muscles.
Thanks alot Sapphire.
I have a New exercise to start today. I am always at odds as what new ones to do with free weights. I know it should be switched up and i know i am not suppose to do them every day., right?

I heard that you should give your muscles a day and that is what i usually do. Weights 2 to 3 times a week.

bratty57
October 21st, 2010, 10:40 AM
OH ! I did lose a pound last night. I have lost 10 now, 24 to go !

fluff
October 21st, 2010, 11:23 AM
Hey Bratty-super! Nothing like losing a pound overnight...Do you know what also helps with weight loss is a good night's sleep? I think it has something to do with your cortizone levels-
I know some people here have trouble with that-
Anyway- about to run out to the track to do my 3 miles- maybe I'll push that to 3.5...
Oh- yeah- today I must weigh myself- but I'll do that after I run-have a super day!
Oh- Chickn'- sword fighting sounds cool-btw-
Hi Sunny and Sapp!:)

bratty57
October 21st, 2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks FLUFF ! !

I have heard too, that it is important to get enough sleep to lose weight. I do have some problems with that. I have a crzy work schedule and then put withdrawing from alcohol with that and i am usually lacking .

bratty57
October 21st, 2010, 03:48 PM
Today I walked 4 miles. Let my bicycle legs rest today..lol. Well, at least ... in a way.
(thursday oct 21)

sapphire1
October 21st, 2010, 03:50 PM
bratty57;986261 wrote: Thanks alot Sapphire.
I have a New exercise to start today. I am always at odds as what new ones to do with free weights. I know it should be switched up and i know i am not suppose to do them every day., right?

I heard that you should give your muscles a day and that is what i usually do. Weights 2 to 3 times a week.
Yep Bratty, ideally unless the weights are really light, such a 1-2.5kg handweights you should give yourself adequate recovery time. p.s. conversion - 2.2lb - 5.5lbs. YOu are doing an amazing job with your weight loss...you rock:goodjob:

sapphire1
October 21st, 2010, 03:53 PM
fluff;986404 wrote: Hey Bratty-super! Nothing like losing a pound overnight...Do you know what also helps with weight loss is a good night's sleep? I think it has something to do with your cortizone levels-
I know some people here have trouble with that-
Anyway- about to run out to the track to do my 3 miles- maybe I'll push that to 3.5...
Oh- yeah- today I must weigh myself- but I'll do that after I run-have a super day!
Oh- Chickn'- sword fighting sounds cool-btw-
Hi Sunny and Sapp!:)
Hi Fluff, are you running or riding your bike? I am aiming to up my running to 12km 3 x week, I expect it will take me about six months to get up to this safely (I am no spring chicken:upset:) I used to run marathons back in my younger days but thats not healthy long term IMO. Have a great day, Saffx

sapphire1
October 21st, 2010, 03:55 PM
ChickenNumber3;986251 wrote: Another unplanned 45 mins of sword fighting today.....and no alcohol,which was tempting,so glad I did not give in or give up.
Chook
Hi Chook,
Swordfighting sounds like so much fun, it would take a lot of focus and good footwork. I would like to do something like that, but I dont think there is anything like that around where I live. Good on you with the no alcohol.......you rock:goodjob:

sapphire1
October 21st, 2010, 03:59 PM
rebirth;985916 wrote: I just ate a whole pack of shortbreads. tut tut. No wonder I cant lose weight!
Never mind Rebirth, today is another day so pull up your big girls pants and start again:H I jcant have biscuits etc. in the house because I would do the same thing.....once I start on the sugar, thats it....a binge....same thing with alcohol.....so for me its best not to have either in the house.

sapphire1
October 21st, 2010, 04:00 PM
rebirth;985838 wrote: Fluff - his dvd is great! Try Taebo energise. My wobbly arms are less wobbly after two weeks!
I always work out in the morning because i was told that you loss more fat if you exercise before breakfast
I teach a version of Tae BO...I call it cardio-box...fantastic workout and great for fat loss...keep at it Rebirth...you can do it!!!!!

bratty57
October 21st, 2010, 04:46 PM
sapphire1;986587 wrote: Yep Bratty, ideally unless the weights are really light, such a 1-2.5kg handweights you should give yourself adequate recovery time. p.s. conversion - 2.2lb - 5.5lbs. YOu are doing an amazing job with your weight loss...you rock:goodjob:
Thanks SAPPHIRE,

So does that mean that i can do lighter weights daily? Would that hurt anything? I get a bit obsessed with exercise once i get started..lol

sapphire1
October 21st, 2010, 04:57 PM
Yes Bratty, with my clients, I get them to do some weight training everyday to speed up metabolism, burn more fat etc. If you train with light weights, mix up the exercises...its called 'Body Confusion" try to do them in a different sequence every day. You need a lot more recovery time when you train for strength and hypertrophy(muscle growth) using much heavier weights. As for the obsession part, never stop listening to your body, otherwise you risk injury, burnout etc. Rest when you need to rest.

Sunnyvalenting
October 21st, 2010, 06:02 PM
I've lost 35+ pounds in 4 months and seem to be maintaining my muscle mass.

bratty57
October 22nd, 2010, 07:16 AM
No weight loss last nite.. frustrated. I guess i dont need to weigh every day. grrrrrrr !
Sapphire,
Thanks so much for the info. I want to do all i can do to get into shape !

Wow, Sunny,
that is fantastic losing over 35 pounds ! WAY TO GO ! !

ChickenNumber3
October 22nd, 2010, 07:45 AM
Haven't weighed in yet, will do so on Monday I think.

Takeaway night tonight for me and the wee chicks, and no exercise today.....but otherwise feeling good! Will try to do something tomorrow..not sure what? Am figuring my weightloss shall have to be a slow. gradual thing. But I am building muscle, I know that :)

fluff
October 22nd, 2010, 08:09 AM
Hi work-out warriors! Sap- I am jogging-so did 3 miles yesterday
Stepped on the scale with both eyes shut and slowly opened them till I could sort of see the the number on the scale- and it's better than I thought- so I feel pretty positive now!
Am going to try for 3.5 miles today-
Wow- Sunny- 35 lbs- I am jealous!
Bratty- yeah-if you're at a plateau with the weight- don't weigh yourself so much-try once a week- at least you're exercising everyday-so that's a good thing.
Chickn'-Weight loss should be slow-if you're building muscle-sounding good!
Rebirth-I am running out to Walmart for some exercise videos, today- I'll see if they have Billy Blanks.
Have a great Friday-everyone!:)

Sunnyvalenting
October 22nd, 2010, 10:30 AM
Fluff, When did you start your exercise and diet plan? I have put in daily workouts of about 500 calories every day for the past 4 months and eating very well. It isn't so much what I do on any one day but the over all commitment and follow through that seems to make the biggest difference. In past i always got tired of the diet after a few weeks. Pushing through that this time has been my biggest help. good luck. Go for the BEST of everything. You deserve it. I am now taking better care of myself than I ever have. Success in quitting the drink is spilling over into other areas of my life. Hope is good!
Sun

Sunnyvalenting
October 22nd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Re plateaus. they are bummers. I stayed at same weight for about 2 weeks while still doing very consistently on exercise and diet. Finally it budged and showed the work and patience were effective. Again define success as meeting your exercise and diet goals and not by the number on the scale!
S

fluff
October 22nd, 2010, 01:45 PM
Sunny- I have been doing low- carb since Tuesday- and have always been doing the track-the thing that keeps the weight on is the drinking- then I stop drinking for a couple weeks lose weight and start drinking again- I'm like a yo-yo-

sapphire1
October 22nd, 2010, 03:02 PM
reading back I am seeing people getting a bit hung up with what the scale says. As sunny says do not define success simply by what the the number is on the scale. Narrowing it down to numbers is setting yourself up for disappointment and also dismisses the many other fantastic benefits that a healthy life is giving you. For many of us weight loss might be the main motivator, but that is only part of the whole picture. Consider what we are doing in wholistic terms: Cardiovascular Health; Bone Density and the prevention of osteoporosis; Hormonal regularity; Emotional wellbeing; Strength and flexility; Stamina - the ability to perform our day to day activities with plenty of zest and some left over; Longevity...and the list goes on and on.........Also consider that as we lose fat and gain muscle, at times this wont be indicated on the scale and unless you have some way of measuring this such as a bio-impedance machine, then you;ll have to go on whats in front of you when you look in the mirror. Notice small changes, like the development of more muscle tone and the way that you stand up straighter, move more easily, can lift things with confidence etc. You might also notice more spring in your step and an increase in confidence. Notice a deepening respect and healthy relationship with your body, this fantastic machine that is our temple for life. If you want a more subjective measure of 'WAIST LOSS' take body measurements weekly or try on some clothing that doesnt quite do up and aim to get it to fit. Over the years I have seen people totally discouraged because they didnt understand the difference between WEIGHT LOSS AND WAIST LOSS....assuming the scales were the pinnacle of their success. Dont become a victim of over-zealous reliance on numbers and keep the big picture in mind. Love Saffx

sapphire1
October 22nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
ChickenNumber3;987131 wrote: Haven't weighed in yet, will do so on Monday I think.

Takeaway night tonight for me and the wee chicks, and no exercise today.....but otherwise feeling good! Will try to do something tomorrow..not sure what? Am figuring my weightloss shall have to be a slow. gradual thing. But I am building muscle, I know that :)
Slow and steady wins the race, fast and frenzied and you fall flat on your face....sorry about the corny rhyme Chickybabe, but ya get my drift:H

bratty57
October 22nd, 2010, 03:41 PM
sapphire1;987453 wrote: reading back I am seeing people getting a bit hung up with what the scale says. As sunny says do not define success simply by what the the number is on the scale. Narrowing it down to numbers is setting yourself up for disappointment and also dismisses the many other fantastic benefits that a healthy life is giving you. For many of us weight loss might be the main motivator, but that is only part of the whole picture. Consider what we are doing in wholistic terms: Cardiovascular Health; Bone Density and the prevention of osteoporosis; Hormonal regularity; Emotional wellbeing; Strength and flexility; Stamina - the ability to perform our day to day activities with plenty of zest and some left over; Longevity...and the list goes on and on.........Also consider that as we lose fat and gain muscle, at times this wont be indicated on the scale and unless you have some way of measuring this such as a bio-impedance machine, then you;ll have to go on whats in front of you when you look in the mirror. Notice small changes, like the development of more muscle tone and the way that you stand up straighter, move more easily, can lift things with confidence etc. You might also notice more spring in your step and an increase in confidence. Notice a deepening respect and healthy relationship with your body, this fantastic machine that is our temple for life. If you want a more subjective measure of 'WAIST LOSS' take body measurements weekly or try on some clothing that doesnt quite do up and aim to get it to fit. Over the years I have seen people totally discouraged because they didnt understand the difference between WEIGHT LOSS AND WAIST LOSS....assuming the scales were the pinnacle of their success. Dont become a victim of over-zealous reliance on numbers and keep the big picture in mind. Love Saffx

Gosh Sapphire,
Thank you so much for the info. I needed to hear that. I am one who is always hung up on
what the scales say. I have to calm down on that or i will be discouraged. I know my body is changing , I can tell from the past weeks of exercise and diet. I know the numbers will show what i want sooner or later. I just have to have patience. !

bratty57
October 22nd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Rode my bike 6 miles today. I plan on walking some tonight....

Sunnyvalenting
October 22nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
Fluff, I used to workout at gym and eat well for a few weeks but in back of my mind I knew I was prepping my body for the next binge! Now that I am comfortably and permanently committed to abstinence it is so much better for my head and my body. This may work for you. Meanwhile do the best you can but realize that you won't really get consistent results until you give up the alcohol. It sounds as though you already realize that anyway.
Best of luck. I hope you can follow your best judgment.
Sunny

bratty57
October 23rd, 2010, 01:30 PM
I did a 30 mile bike tour today Tour de Shawnee in Olive Branch , IL. It was awesome. Some of the most beautiful countryside !

Too tired to even complain..lol
Bout over did it, but it's a good tired !

sapphire1
October 23rd, 2010, 06:14 PM
bratty57;988002 wrote: I did a 30 mile bike tour today Tour de Shawnee in Olive Branch , IL. It was awesome. Some of the most beautiful countryside !

Too tired to even complain..lol
Bout over did it, but it's a good tired !
Wowsers 30 miles! Lets see thats about 48kms.....fantastic effort:goodjob: Is your bum sore:H If so a nice bath in radox or epsom salts would be the go. Bet you are feeling wonderful. I'm off to walk the dog today...if I everdrag myself off the computer that is...have a happy healthy day everyone. LOve Saff

bratty57
October 23rd, 2010, 09:35 PM
HI Sapphire,

Yes, my backside was hurting the most on the last five miles. Now that i have rested some it is my upper legs that are in pain. Should be better tomorrow? Or I might have trouble getting out of bed in the morning...lol

It was a bit hilly and they tried to kill you on the first five miles with some steep ones..lol. I loved it. It was the longest one i have done yet. I dont think i will be moving up in miles for a while, though. It was tough.

bratty57
October 25th, 2010, 05:15 PM
No exercise today... i will make up for it tomorrow though. Was blue Monday. Couldnt get myself in gear.

sapphire1
October 25th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Hi Bratty, started the morning off with head cold boo hoo. I dont feel much doing anything but will force ,myself out the door with the dog for a walk and then veg out on the couch for a while. Dont beat yourself up for not doing exercise every day....sometimes you have to surrender to the body's need to rest, after all you did have that massive ride a couple of days ago. As alkies we have to be careful about trading one addiction for another and that goes for exercise as well. I was a total exercise junkie for about 20 years, developed an eating disorder, body dysmorphia, periods stopped, hair started to fall out etc. All due to excessive exercise and limited calories. These days I have to be much more aware of this and take a more moderate approach. I still like nothing more than the satisfaction of a really decent workout, but just as importantly eat well and rest well. The signs to look out for are increased irritability when you cant get your workout in and obsessing about how your body looks. A decrease in performance and taking longer to recover after sessions is a red light as well. Have a lovely day, see you tomorrow

bratty57
October 26th, 2010, 06:57 AM
HI Sapphire,
I know what you mean about trading one addiction for another. I am a bit obsessed about exercise. Just like today, my plans were thwarted because of rain. It is such a downer to me. I wanted to get out on my bike , but cant.
I was also shocked to get on the scales and have gained 2 lbs. I was strict on my diet yesterday even though i didnt get any exercise. So, i have started out the day with 2 downers..rain and weight gain for what appears to be no reason.
I sure hope it comes off today. I am going to try to get some weight liftin in and hopefully a walk if the rain stops.
Have a great day !

bratty57
October 26th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Rain stopped. I am in a better mood. I realize my weight HAS to be fluid retention or something like it. It will come back off.
Plus, i got to walk 2 miles, worked out with weights 20 minutes, did my ab exercises and rode my bike 2 1/2 miles. So in better spirits now and ready to fight the fat. lol

fluff
October 26th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I did a 3 mile slow jog- and 50 stair push-ups...
Bratty have you been eating salty foods? like soups? that might be retaining your water...
I notice that if I eat soup I tend to lose the weight slower...
Or if I drink cherry tea-it seems to act as a diuretic... and the scale drops a bit...
You sound really good!

bratty57
October 27th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Yes, Fluff,
I think the lean cuisine dinners i have been eating have too much sodium in them. Thanks for the tip on the cherry tea. I will have to try it. If i can find it, never seen it before.

sapphire1
October 27th, 2010, 03:50 PM
bratty57;990226 wrote: Rain stopped. I am in a better mood. I realize my weight HAS to be fluid retention or something like it. It will come back off.
Plus, i got to walk 2 miles, worked out with weights 20 minutes, did my ab exercises and rode my bike 2 1/2 miles. So in better spirits now and ready to fight the fat. lol
Gday Bratty,

waist loss is never on a completley descending bell curve. Especially with females, due to hormonal fluctuations it is normal and indeed desirable to fluctuate from 1-4lbs in a month. dont get too hung up about it and remember that subjective measurements are not with the scales alone, but girth measurements. I take measures at these sites with my clients to get a clearer picture of fat loss: Neck; upper-arm; chest, under bust; waist; mid abdomen; fullest part of the hips (not around where torso meets thighs); upper thigh; mid thigh; top of knee and mid calf. It is worth doing this one a fortnight (no more often than that) and you will be pleasantly surprised. If you really on what the scales tell you only, you will set yourself up for disappointment. Another thing to consider is this: gaining muscle also might register on the scales and during muscle growth phases the body can hold more fluid temporarliy as a metabolic change is taking place. And dont forget that restricting calories too severley will eventually result in the metabolic setpoint being lowered as the body registers starvation and will hold onto fat for all it is worth...so chow down...make it good quality and fresh is best. Love Saffxx

bratty57
October 28th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Yesterday
October 27, Wednesday

I walked 1 mile and rode my bike 5 miles. Was a very windy day, so bike was great exercise!

Hi Sapphire,
Thank you for the advice. I need to take measurements and see what progress i am making. I sure can tell that my clothes are getting loser and that i am shaping up. I use to be quite heavy, so now i am obsessed with the scale; which i know isnt good.
But my fear is that if i dont weigh every day , my weight will creep up and i will be lying to myself that it isnt happening. This way i have to face what i weigh each day and know not to over eat.
I am trying to eat more whole grains and fruit. It is hard. I am staying on a calorie diet and it sure it hard to eat fruit when i want bread..lol.. but i am doing better with that.

fluff
October 28th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Bratty- I buy Celestial Seasonings Black Cherry tea-I also like their Blueberry tea...

IAD
October 28th, 2010, 08:54 AM
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp202/thesweeney80/413-lazy-bastard.jpg I"m Ready........Ha!

fluff
October 28th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Glad to see your working out like a dog- ha! ha! ha!

So- going out to do 3 miles at the track-

Sunnyvalenting
October 28th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Great picture. I do wish there were a gym where I could jog with my dog. A niche market anyone?
Sunny

bratty57
October 30th, 2010, 11:57 AM
HI Fluff !
Still havent ben able to find the tea. I am going to look in a couple more stores this weekend. I live in small town usa.. we dont have much around here..lol

Thursday
October 28
I walked 3 miles and biked 2 miles

Friday
October 29
I biked 2 miles which was a sorry excuse for exercise..lol

I am just sooooooooooooo frustrated. No progress in weight loss and i havent gotten the exercise that i wanted to this week. I just want to throw the scales out the window. ! !:upset:
But I know i will start seeing results soon. This is just the longest i remember without seeing some progress. I am trying to not stay hooked on numbers but it is hard !

bratty57
October 30th, 2010, 11:58 AM
IAD

LOVE THE PICTURE !! lol
Thanks for sharing

Sunnyvalenting
October 30th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I ate a wonderful planned piece of pie at marie callendar's. (Lemon Cream Cheese!) for lunch. 610 calories! So I went to the gym and burned off over 600 this afternoon and ate light breakfast and dinner. Now that I seem to have a handle on the diet (after 4 months) I can occasionally do a planned splurge. What a great feeling. I can eat whatever I want. Just have to plan for it and work it off if need be.
Good Going Bratty. It is hardest when it seems there is no progress. Just think of it as contract labor you haven't yet been paid for. It is "in the mail" LOL. Also sometimes there are fluid adjustments which confound our scales. Keep it up. Even without weight loss exercise is good for us. What tea are you looking for? I tried something once called dieter's tea and it gave me the runs. Not good!
Sunny

bratty57
November 3rd, 2010, 01:36 PM
i have been slackin in every way imaginable. Back to the exercise today ! ! ! Lifted weights 20 minutes and rode bike 3 miles

bratty57
November 6th, 2010, 03:11 PM
11-04-10
THursday..biked 3 miles

11-05-10
Friday..walked 2 miles

11-06-10
Saturday... walked 3 miles and biked 2 miles.

Lovin how the exercise is makin me feel !

Sunnyvalenting
November 6th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I donated blood yesterday and they told me not to do anything more vigorous than walking for 3 days. So I went for 3+ mile walk and not too fast. Felt fine but following orders. I was very tired last night tho.
I have gone to the gym just about every day for the past 4+ months and on the few days I didn't go I did other active things.

Sunnyvalenting
November 6th, 2010, 06:50 PM
(Didn't mean to send) It is amazing what the discipline over time can do! That is a new one for me.
Sunny

bratty57
November 8th, 2010, 10:37 PM
11-7
Sunday I walked 2 miles.
Gosh, Sunny.. You are doing so fantastic with your exercise !

bratty57
November 9th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Tuesday
November 9, 2010

I walked 2 miles and biked 2 miles. Got interupted on bike ride . I wanted to get more in. Now that the time has changed it is dark when i get off of work.

I lost 2 lbs this past week. I have 12 more to go ! ! !

bratty57
November 10th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I have already walked a mile in the cool brisk morning air ! Plan on more exercise. Where are my fellow exercise and diet folks?????? ! !

bratty57
November 10th, 2010, 01:14 PM
I also rode my bike 3 miles and worked out with weights for 20 minutes.

ITS ON !! Fightin the Good Fight ! lol

bratty57
November 11th, 2010, 02:29 PM
How does that song go... "All By Myself...." lol
Walked 1 mile today and rode my bike 3. Not feelin up to par. Hopefully tomorrow i will have tons of energy !

techie
November 11th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I'm very impressed keep it up. Some days are just a struggle exercise wise but they are few and far between!

bratty57
November 11th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks Techie...

I am not looking forward to the rainy gloomy weather forcast for the weekend. I want days i can get outside to exercise. I am not much into the exercise dvds. I am plannin on joinin the YMCA when winter freezes me out.

Sunnyvalenting
November 16th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Just spent 4 sunny beautiful days on the Calif coast and San Francisco. I was sick one of those days but was able to walk for an hour or more on each of the other days. It felt good being outdoors. It was 78 degrees in SF on Sunday! on November 14th!
I celebrated 10 months AF on the 13th
Best to all
Sunny

woody14
November 18th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Hey, love to jump in. Exercise has always been my sanity. I've never slacked too much no matter how much I drank but never maintained my full potential for long. Something would always side track my diet, parties, holidays, weekends ,summer... Now I've refocused, 4 days AF, weight training the past 3 days plan on lots of outdoor activities this weekend. Current goal to lose 8lbs.

Sunnyvalenting
November 18th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I have so far (5 months) lost just over 40 lbs. I have 18 to go. I am over 2/3 the way there! went to gym today and walk/jogged. burned off over 500 calories. It is getting easier.
Sunny

woody14
November 20th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Stayed in on a Friday night so ready for a morning at the gym and a day of outdoor activity. Even if it is freezing out! Goal to burn at least 500 calories weight lifting and cardio.

Sunnyvalenting
December 26th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Thought I'd bump this to celebrate a 50 pound weight loss in past 6 months! I have started jogging just a little bit 2 days /week along with my gym visits. I try to burn at least 500 calories/day and am eating a very healthy 1400-1600 calories/day mostly veggies, fruit, lean protein and low fat dairy with 3 planned meals and 3 planned snacks. It works now that I can do it consistently since I don't feel hung over. I think all the alcohol had lots o calories and also made my muscles flacid and fatty too.
Hope all you are having a wonderful holiday season.
Sunny

MrsB
December 29th, 2010, 05:48 AM
So inspiring!

I know I am late joining this tread but would you mind if I join now as I am just blown away by all your achievements....wow is all I can say. I am now 36 days AF but haven?t lost any weight - Christmas is my excuse. I have never been much for keep fit but that?s more to do with the fact that life revolved around AL. I have set myself a few challenges for 2011, I have signed up for pilates classes beginning on the 12th of January, a parachute jump (date TBC due to the weather), the ladies mini marathon and a 7 day challenge which is climbing a mountain in the west of Ireland (2560ft) 7 days in a row (for autism Ireland). I used to enjoy swimming and want to get up to swimming 1 mile at least 3 days a week within the next two months. My fitness and weight loss regime starts January 1st ? now that I am AF I can do it. I need to lose 24lbs and generally get fit so I can keep up with my kids 3 + 1.

My life began again when I became AF and I can now achieve all the things I?ve seen other people do and wondered how.

I hope to be like you all and manage to inspire people in the future.

Sunnyvalenting
December 29th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Mrs B,
Congrats on your 36 days and a new plan for 2011!
You can scroll back for some of my process. I didn't do anything special the first 5 months AF. I wanted to really concentrate on the alcohol. Then I started my exercise/ diet plan. It is sensible and doable. I also took 1/2 of an appetite suppressant to help with that on most days. I don't know if you would qualify for them as you don't have that much to lose. It did help. as does the following process.
I plan 3 meals and 3 snacks and try to live within that range.

I plan WHEN to exercise each day rather than trying to fit it in if I have time.

Sunnyvalenting
December 29th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Good luck= good planning a lot of the time.
Best of both
Sunny

mylife
December 29th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Hello, hope I can join in as well? I find you both inspiring! Congratulations Sunny on your massive achievement! And Mrs. B, way to go with setting up your challenges!

I also used to be really into working out and sports and of course lost my steam during my struggles with AL. I had also planned to get back into a regular routine beginning Jan 1. I've been AF about 25 days since Nov 27 -- and am now working on completely abstaining for the next 6 months. I've also got about 20 pounds of Alcohol weight to lose, so thanks for the diet tips Sunny. I also feel a healthy diet and exercise will help me with my sobriety goals which come first and foremost.

Thanks guys, and I'll look forward to reading and posting here in the New Year!

rebirth
June 1st, 2011, 10:39 AM
Hi,
I would like to join this thread. I have been exercising for the past seven weeks and it's wonderful!! I feel great! I have lost a good five pounds of fat and I have about six pounds left to lose.
I have converted my living room into a gym and it works for me. x

Barbara1234
June 1st, 2011, 10:59 AM
I wold like to join this thread too. I am 11 days AF and would like some advice. I have always been physically fit, and thought I would drop weight right away after quitting drinking because it's 1000's of calories per week. So far not an ounce.
I need to lose 15 lbs. I was doing 2 miles 3x per week on the elliptical, weight training 3x per week and lower body about 2x per week. No change in weight, I got discouraged, so I started again yesterday. I'm on Weight Watchers, so I only eat about 1200 calories per day.
Any thoughts?

rebirth
June 1st, 2011, 04:17 PM
Hi Barbara- Strange how you didn’t lose any weight? Did you eat a lot more food during the 11 days? People have had good results from weightwatchers. I tried it myself but didn’t see the point in paying for something I could do myself.
I have been dieting for the past seven weeks and I am losing weight very gradually ( four pounds so far). My weekly calories roughly equates to 1200 per day but I would rather eat more than 1200 cals per day and then exercise till its approx 1200.
It's not the fastest weight loss I have had but it gives me the freedom to eat the foods I love in moderation.Plus I love the feel good factor I get from exercising. I want this to be a life change rather than a quick fix. I once tried the cambridge diet and I lost alot of weight. but it was water and not fat.

You should lose weight on weightwatchers. Keep me informed!

Barbara1234
June 2nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
Hi rebirth,

No, I only eat 1200 cals. a day. Didn't eat any more while quitting AL. Maybe my system is stuck!
I guess just keep working out and see what happens......thanks and good luck to you as well.

Running4life
June 14th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Keep working Barbara, if you are working out lots and not eating enough the body will try to conserve and you can gain weight. It is best to eat healthy and regularly while working out. You will loose weight. You are also still reaping the fitness benefits so keep up the good work.
I am interested in joining this thread. I am on day 16 and just beginning my half marathon training. i can use all the support I can get and this is the place to give and get tremendous support.
Let's do it!!!!

rebirth
June 15th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Way to go Running4life. I would love to think that I can run a marathon one day. I have been exercising like a demon the past two months. I intend to incorporate alot of exercise in my life so maybe in a year's time...that would be such a buzz for me!!

What idoes marathon training involve?

headstrong
July 4th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Torrance;1141390 wrote: Well I want to say that I walks daily for 20 Km in the morning which is really helpful for me to lose weight . I do not like alcohol .I also does Yoga and I am sure that It will definitely help me losing weight . Thanks
Torrance - welcome to My Way Out. This is an awesome place especially for those who don't like alcohol. I'd walk with you but I don't like walking. Could we run instead?

slowly sinking
November 24th, 2011, 01:49 AM
HI All...I'm so happy to see this thread....I used to be insane about working out..cycling 50 miles a day...then had a back injury which led to chronic back pain....which led to AL for pain relief....I now have 40 pounds to lose and just started MWO but exercise is SO important to me.....Can I join this group...Please?? I think it would really help me abstain....I'm 30 lbs heavier than my 9 month pregnancy weight,,and it's all my "wine baby"...!!! Thanks...SS

Barbara1234
December 4th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I would like to join this group. I've lost 15 lbs. since I started MWO and I'm happy. BUT.............
I still need to lose another 10 and I seem to have hit a wall. I'm 54 and I do weights every other day and the elliptical for 3 miles every other day, and nothing has changed for months.

I'm bored with my routine, but afraid to switch out of it for fear I will start gaining. I've stayed at the same weight for a few months.

Any advice????

Wally22
December 4th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I am 100 pounds overweight and am starting a new regime on Tuesday. It is doctor supervised and I will have to reduce my weight, while upping my metabolism.
I am moderately excited about this. I would love to have some buddies along the way. I used to work out every day, but that habit slipped when the alcohol uptake increased, that and having cancer twice caused me to stop caring about my body. Dumb huh????
So I am looking forward to increased well being in the next few months.