Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Focus on Fitness for March/AF Days

Happy March one and all,
    I'll start us off for this month. My goals are pretty much the same. Stay AF M-F with two glasses of wine Sat and Sun. If I go over a glass I will not beat myself up. I have come a long way baby and will not feel bad about a few over, if I do. I will continue to work out twice a day M-F,(if I take an evening off, that is A-OK) and one a day on Sat and Sun. I am almost down to my goal weight loss and will continue to try to lose after that. I will not starve myself but if I lose a few more, all the better. I am feeling great and happy and healthy. I will be spotty being on here the next week or so. I am painting my kitchen cabinets and doors and that will be very time consuming. But I'll get on every so often. Evenings probably.

What are everyone's goals for March? How is everyone doing? Have a great weekend and good luck with your goals for March.
    MM
    "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Hey all - I am still modding - sticking to goals of gym/dvd 3 times a week and cycling to work 3 times a week. I am adding a calorie limit of 1500 calories as well.

My mod plans are max 2 nights a week and no more than 2 drinks per night. I am really enjoying having a couple of glasses of wine a couple of nights a week. I have a long weekend off work and am really in need of it.

My boss is patronising/rude and slippery and we know that in next 12 months our organisation won't exist - some of us may have jobs in new org - some won't.
    The atmosphere is awful - backstabbing/competitiveness/awkward and aggressive behaviour and no one trusts anyone anymore - i feel angry and irritable a lot of the time - for no clear reason - but that is the backdrop.

onwards and upwards - positive action
    one day at a time

Comment

Hi mightmite!
      I'm fairly new around here. Joined a gym. Today was my first day! Plan is work on strength training 2 x week, cardio 3x week for 1st week, increasing to cardio x 5 days. I've been pretty sedentary through the winter so she suggested I start slow. Already have tons more energy being 10 days AF....energy I'll surely need to get through exercising next week!!!!
      "Leap and the net will appear." - John Burroughs

Comment

Hi bear 73,
        Sorry to hear about your horrible work environment. It is no wonder you feel angry & irritable. There is a lot of that going on in the USA. The economy is still quite bad. Lots of re-organizations going on. Very stressful. Sounds like you have a solid excercise plan in place!
        "Leap and the net will appear." - John Burroughs

Comment

Hi Westie - yes it is a bit rubbish - being positive - I do have a job.
          Your exercise plan sounds really good.

Just weighed myself and put on 2.5lbs this week! I need to get back to my food diary and calorie limit - next week I will make sure that I get to the gym. I have lost 3lbs since Jan now - I had hoped to be at half stone mark - i keep losing a couple/putting back on.

I also ate a lot of crap last weekend whilst hungover/ate tonnes of crisps while drinking alcohol on Saturday evening.Focus!
          one day at a time

Comment

hi all
            i have been super busy, which is why I haven't posted much lately. i have been a little too busy and tired to go to the gym, which makes me feel more tired, etc, etc. I want to get back to exercising. Soon, I hope. Uplifting to hear about people's success with their goals.
            i am just stopping in to say HI! and welcome to all the newcomers.
            L

Comment

Hi everyone,
              Did February fly by or what! :egad: Sure didn't make my goals, will hop back on the wagon. We're having a colder (60's) day and high winds, plan to go to Fitness Center for a workout while watching PGA tournament.

MM - congratulations :thumbs: on being near goal. You are doing so well!

Bear - Sorry to hear about stressful job situation. That will add weight! I have gained too and I don't have that excuse; mine is too much social life interfering with getting workouts in and not making as good a food choices. Went to ball game yesterday, ate a hot dog and had 2 beers. Basically sat all day, no wonder I gain wt! Onward ~

Westie - :welcome: Nice job on the 10 AF days. Do you plan to go AF or eventually mod? Bet you do feel tons better!

Lila - :hallo: Thought of you yesterday. You would know the team I went to watch play ball. Bought a visor in team colors decorated with alm: Had fun. Bet you're glad it's March even though it has been a mild winter across the midwest. Hope you have more time for yourself & MWO, we miss you.

TMH
              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hi All,
                Thanks for starting the thread MM. Time flies!! I have been very busy as well with school, teens, work and play. I need to focus on the fitness more so maybe our combo of fitness with modding will help. I have a gym membership but don't get there as often as I should. Think I'll start with 2 days a week for the fitness. My mod goals remain the same. I try to stay at 7 drinks a week - usually only drink 3 nights a week. Welcome to our new members and always good to *see* the old ones. Have a good and productive week everyone.
                :l
                Eve11
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Mornin' everyone. Hi Lila and Eve. Great to see you. Real quick fly by here. Off to the gym and then chores and running around.

I wanted to say that if anyone is out there wanting to join us but isn't as active with fitness but would like the support with modding, please join us. We would welcome anyone who wants to have a safe place to go and get the support they want. We are actively modding but with a twist on fitness.

:welcome:
                  MM

Comment

Hi everyone and thanks to lila and mightymite for inviting me over to the thread. I don't have any fitness goals but my modding goals are to stay AF Sunday to Tuesday every week and keep to 5 drinks per night on other nights. It sounds like a lot but it's a heck of a lot less than I used to drink so for that I'm grateful.

I didn't get to bed until really late last night so I'm tired as anything today which makes it hard to get motivated and stay busy but I'm planning on getting an early night tonight so I don't make this harder on myself than I need to!

Good luck on your goals to all the modders :thumbs:

Comment

Managed to get to FC yest, used ET for 1 mile, then walked 2.75 miles with hill repeats. Was going to do more but they were locking up. Today had a busy day returning borrowed baby items, Bible Study, grocery shopping, then eye dr. appt. I cannot believe I have contact lenses in my eyes right now. A first. I am so anxious about being able to get them out tonite. Can tell metabolism is running high today. Actually, taking a 2+ mile walk just now calmed me down a bit.

Welcome drinking gal! Glad you want to join us. No fitness goals needed.

MM - thanks for shoutout to anyone reading who may not be into the fitness part of it but want to share modding successes, trials, etc.

TMH
                      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hi modders, and thanks for the welcome tomyhealth. I hope it's ok if I make a weekly update here. I did stick to my new Sun, Mon, Tues plan for the second week in a row. It's been a little bit challenging but in a good way. I am looking forward to kicking back with some drinks tonight (WED) though

Something I need to figure out though is how the heck to get to sleep on af nights! 3 nights in a row and I tossed and turned until about 4am - I honestly seem to function better after 5 drinks and a good night sleep than I do being this tired. :argh:

Comment

Happy Wednesday all,
                          Doing well here. Got all of the facings of my cabinets painted. Now just waiting for the carpenters to return the doors so I can get those painted. I wish they would hurry up. My kitchen is torn apart and I just want everything back to normal again. But I think it is going to look beautiful. I hope so. It's a big risk I am taking here having the cabinets cut out and putting punched tin in the center for the upper cabinets and having the bottom ones cut out as well and having beadboard placed in the center of those, plus new hardware. Guess I'll do some cleaning today if they don't get the doors to me today.

Did 2 a days Mon and Tues. It's supposed to be beautiful here today so hopefully hubby will want to take an evening walk down by the bay. It should be beautiful there tonight with the full moon reflecting off the water.

TMH, how did you do with the contacts? I had them years ago and they made my eyes really dry and I haven't had them since. I know what you mean about being nervous getting them out. I was the exact same way.

Good on you Eve getting back to the gym. You will feel so good doing so. Baby steps is all it takes.

Sorry bear about your work woes. It does suck when your work environment is upsetting. That is a large part of your day and being under those circumstances makes it very stressful. I hope things improve for you.

:hallo: Westie. How are you doin'? Do you own a Westie. I love Westies. They are soooo cute and I was thinking of getting one. Are they good dogs to own.

:hallo: Lila. What have you been up to? Hope all is well with you. Remember to take time for yourself. If you feel good, then everything else will fall into place.

:hallo: drinkingal. It certainly is ok to come on here weekly or as many times as you wish. No rules here. Congrats on sticking to your goals. It's hard to keep to them and you're doing well. I know just from reading other peoples posts that when they are cutting back or going completely af that they have problems sleeping. I know some take supplements or do relaxation tapes. You may want to look in the meds section to see what people do. I sleep pretty well (except for those nasty nightly hotflashes). It's been 8 years and I still have them nightly. Don't think they will ever go away. Sorry about the TMI. :H Maybe do some activity on those days to tire you out. Hope things go better for you in that department.

Ok, boy am I being lazy today. Very late for me but must get off to the gym. Legs today. Yuck. It really zaps me but it is a definite must.

Have a wonderful day all.
                          MM

Comment

HI There!
                            it's been a while since I've posted. I've only had time to lurk lately.
                            i haven't been doing fitness! ugh. every bit of free time i've had the past few months has been spent playing tennis if at all possible. it's my new thing! i'm loving it. It is exercise but if i'm playing doubles it isn't that much.
                            anyway, it makes me happy. I keep thinking i need to get back to body pump and/or walking the treadmill, but honestly i haven't had time.

so...for AF - i've been modding but only having one AF day a week(at best). I am having 1 or 2 every night except one. one weekends, 2-3.
                            right now, i'm just trying to stick to my one AF a week. when i get used to that(again), i'm gonna go for 2.

i really haven't felt that motivated (or guilty) about it lately though.
                            anyway. i've lost some weight, enjoying some tennis, and staying busy. at least AL isn't a focus really anymore...

anyway, just wanted to say hi...

Comment

mightymite thanks for the suggestions. I tried lots of different relaxation techniques but nothing was working so I'll have to try your other idea of doing something to tire myself and see if that helps. By the way I just love punched tin AND beadboard cupboards but I've never seen them used together so it sounds like a really interesting project.

Hi letgolaughing, I know what you mean about getting used to the af days since it seems to take a while to stick. good luck with it!

Comment

Working...
                              X