Focus on Fitness for March/AF Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just put my second zero into drink tracker on the way now to 26 more little zeros! In fairness would not normally drink anything Sunday or Monday anyway, however, somewhat unusally I have next two days off of work, so may have been tempted to allow myself a couple tonight, if I wasn't AF. Very pleased to report, havent even thought about wanting to drink tonight. Also have been planning what to do saturday night to make sure I do not fail on first weekend, which is where I may fail if I wasn't careful.

Today I was invited to a friends hen night, which is due to occur during my AF period. Its also on a saturday which is a night I nearly always have a couple of glasses of wine. I am actually quite pleased about this as it will be a brilliant test of resolve on the last weekend of my AF period!

Love the comments re Zumba. Been myself and it is hard to do for sure...lol

Off for a long walk in the morning to enjoy some of the sun we are promised and to make the most of my day off....also burn a few calories!
    love to modders new and old
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Hi all modders and welcome Mooderator. I have to admit, when I saw your screen name, I thought it said moderator and thought we had done something wrong and was going to get shut down. Duh. But you sound like you are doing great and really have a handle on your modding.

Glad to see TMH and Eve. :hiya: It has been oh so quiet around here lately. I thought everyone kind of decided to stay away for awhile. TMH, how are the contacts coming? I hope things are getting better on that front.

Eve, you seem to be doing well with your modding. Congrats. I seem to be slipping a bit. Did ok at the St. Patties day party. Had 3 glasses of wine during the course of the evening and then had a Black Russian. Better than I would have done in the past. Today is Monday and I had one glass of wine. I have to figure out what is going on with me. I haven't been doing as well as I would like. I had started out so strong and am now weakening, but isn't that the way they say it goes. I think I know what it is. The weather is so beautiful and warm. That is always a trigger for me. I love the spring and early summer. I have to rethink this and get myself back on track. But I am still at the gym daily and doing 2 a days as well. Couldn't even imagine not working out. I would turn into an elephant.
      OK, time to feed my son who is home on spring break.
      Later,
      MM
      "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

hey all - been neglecting myself really - not eating well/not exercising and drinking too much - bottle of wine friday and 5 beers yesterday. The weekend before it was 4 beers.
        I am really looking forward to drinking every weekend and I am drinking too much when i do drink.

I really want to get this under control - mum visiting this weekend - i plan to moderate and drink wine - absolute max of 2 glasses per eve - then next day alcohol free. I also plan to exercise and moderate my food intake.work been stressful and i was also really worried about my cat being seriously ill - he is fine. i felt so much better alcohol free than i do today - but i can't sustain it forever.I like the idea of being alcohol free - but every so often I want to drink. At the moment my every so often is too much.

i wanted to be an occasional drinker and i am turning into a every weekend hungover drinker. This changes now.
        one day at a time

Comment

Name does look like Moderator at first glance MightyMite. Was my attempt at cow related humour!
          Today is a good day, its sunny here and just been for a lovely long walk with friend and had a coffee. Nice. Hope everyone else is having a good day and good luck with todays modding goals. For me this is day 3 AF. So far no problems. Have decided on taking hubby out for a lunch date on saturday so that we have some lovely time together in which I will not be tempted to drink.
          "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
          but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Bear can you limit yourself to one or two drinks a couple or three times a week? That is what I have begun doing and it's working so far. I am trying to drop ten pounds so inthink I have used that to my advantage also. When it comes down to it...I would rather eat more and drink less! Lol

Comment

Happy Friday everyone,
              What a beautiful day today is turning out to be. Everything is in bloom and the birds are chirping and the sun is shining. I hope everyone is gearing up for a successful mod weekend. I am going to give it my best shot to stay within my goals. The weight has come down again and I really don't want to mess up this weekend. I am going to give it my best shot. Although I have to go to a food tasting Sunday at the venue where my son will be married. But I will just nibble and include that into my daily calorie count. Been working out hard and plan to do so the rest of the weekend. It's supposed to be yucky this weekend though so not much outside time for me. Boo, hoo.

How ya doin' bear? I know you have wanted to cut back. Hope you are where you want to be.

Have a wonderful weekend all.
              MM

Comment

Hello Moderators just checking in, been working hard the last month and traveling. Been AF for the entire month of March, that being said I'm looking forward to a couple of beers this weekend with my brother. Ran 9 miles on Friday, that was a workout.

Stay focused out there,

See you, B-45

Comment

hi modders, it's great to see how everyone is going. I've changed my goals a bit and am doing much better this week. Bear, I think I was having the same problem and after 3 days af I would look forward to my drinking night so much that I was tempted to overdo it. I've changed my af days up a bit now and it seems easier like rschqueen said.

Good luck with your af-ing moooo derater you're doing great!

Comment

hey all - well pretty much had 3-4 drinks when i have drank but it's been every weekend - and 1 at least more than i planned. This is also enough to raise my anxiety/depressive thinking. I am planning to have 2 drinks this sat for my birthday party, a few next Thursday as it's my real birthday and then a couple each night the following weekend as I have friends staying/celebrating.

Other than that I am planning for a stretch af - possibly a month. I am pretty pleased with myself exercise wise - have begun cycling to work again and tonight i went for a walk/run for 30 mins in the park and it was GORGEOUS!

Tomorrow (and for the rest of the week) I am cycling to work then off to gym for weights/a jacuzzi, steam and sauna session.I plan to skate on Thursday and run Friday and hit the gym on Saturday.I am also sticking to a calorie limit of 1600 per day. I lost weight on this amount before and I weighed less so i hope it will still do the trick. I am only weighing myself once a month - I keep giving up seeing fluctuations/little change with weekly weigh ins.

But most importantly I keep reminding myself I START HERE AND NOW - no more looking back wistfully when I only needed to lose a stone," I looked fat then - so i must look awful now..." etc etc.

I've been beating myself up as I had planned to have lost a stone by now (starting in Jan with exercise/diet) - the fact I haven't exercised consistently means my knee isn't healed so I'm not yet ready to return to full contact rollerderby.

This thinking (surprisingly) does not help me. Today I ate healthy fresh food, exercised and stuck to my calorie limit. I will keep going with moderating for three more months - i want to reach a place where I'm not gagging for the wine but look forward to it every few weeks/special occasion or so.
                    one day at a time

Comment

Hey Bear, you sound like you have an excellent plan in place. You are sounding very in control and laying your goals out in a concise way. I did ok this weekend. I had gotten down to a new weight but with the food tasting I had to go to this weekend, I think I put a few back on. The good news is my body is now getting used to being down at a lower weight. So when I do put a few back on it's comes off easily. I like that. I did not work out today because of my ongoing saga with my kitchen remodel. But I did not sit down all day and have been busy painting and doing other odd jobs plus I am doing a decorating job for a client and had to run by her place to take pics and measurements. I am whooped. Plus more to do today. My poor aching back. :upset:

How has everyone else been? TMH, where are you? Is everything ok? I miss you and everyone else. Check in. If this thread dies I have no where else to go? :upset:
                      MM

Comment

Hey, everyone, I'm around. Just had a super busy week what with moving out of one condo into another. You would think that would mean grab some clothes and shoes and go but it is unbelievably more complicated. Empty the frig & freezer & clean & empty the liquor locker & steam clean floors, etc. Played golf on Tuesday (badly as I had contacts in), moved on Wed, played golf on Thurs w/o contacts & did better. Then we had company on both Friday and Saturday nights. The entertaining, of course, meant drinks. Played golf with the couple on Sat before they came over for dinner and proud to say I broke 100 - shot a 98.

Yest I did my UB w/o while watching Tiger win the PGA, set timer for 5 min walks and did that 6X. Today I did LB (lower body) from memory as VHS player just got disconnected as we joined the 21st century and got a flat screen for this unit too. Biked 5 miles also. Today is definitely an AF day.

MM - ah, thanks. I know, haven't been pleased with myself. Alas, today is a new day! Have worn contacts everyday for 1 week. Today it's been 10 hrs. And I kind of hate to take them out because it feels like my eyes are finally adjusting as in I can see!

Hey, Bear, way to jump on the ol' exercise wagon! "i wanted to be an occasional drinker and i am turning into a every weekend hungover drinker. This changes now." Amen!

Drinking gal - how did you change up your AF days? Allowing more drink days so you don't drink as much? Sorry, not sure I'm following.

Mooderator - are you on AF stretch? One does feel better, huh.

Ok, off to make some dinner, maybe even invite dh to sit on lanai for a bit to catch up on day; my drink will be non-alcoholic!

TMH

Comment

hi all - hope everyone is doing well! I have been busy, but not too happy lately - trying to stay happy and strong, although I have doubts about myself and my abilities. sigh!
                          I have not been exercising, either.
                          All in all, I have a lot to be happy about, just that school is not easy right now, and I just feel like I have so much on my shoulders, having 3 kids, all alone.
                          Just feeling a little down, that is all.

Comment

Hi Lila,
                            It's so good to hear from you. I am sorry you are feeling blue. But I do know that life has its ups and downs and when we find ourselves in that valley we have to keep climbing until we come out on top. It will happen but I know it isn't easy. We are here if you need to talk but here's a hug to hold you over. Take care. :l
                            MM

Comment

Lila - been worried about you. Sorry to hear you're feeling down. Have certainly been there at times myself. Are the kids on spring break or just come off of spring break? Has that added stress? Hate that feeling of being overwhelmed. How's the modding going? If off kilter right now, certainly understand; I've not had a good month either. However, month's not over. Double hug :l

Well, guys, it's been awhile since I had an AF day and now after having one, sleeping with the aid of a sleeping pill, I cannot tell you how different I feel this a.m. I know my general fatigue is from alcohol even if it's just 2 gl of wine. Going for another AF day! Yeah me :thumbs:

TMH
                              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hey all,
                                I have been maintaining my goals pretty well. We tried to eliminate weekday drinking as much as possible so didn't drink until last week-end. We're even talking about shooting for just Saturday night only if we have stay at home plans for Friday. I just know that I sleep better and feel better without AL and even though I find it enjoyable to have 2-3 drinks here and there, I have truly discovered that even 3 is too much for me as I feel it the next day. Two and I'm fine. However, I struggle with the craving once I have even one so it's an ongoing battle of "can I stop at 2 and feel satisfied?" or do I go for that 3rd that puts me over the edge? The frustrating thing is sometimes the craving is there for more, sometimes it isn't, and I never know which one I will get. So, modding has always been a bit of a battle for me as the shut off valve is faulty. The support here helps me be accountable however and I have maintained so much better with drinking since coming here. Off to exercise today at the gym. Want to concentrate on some weights for my arms and just try to stay toned.
                                Hugs to all,
                                :l
                                Eve11
                                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X