X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily: Sunday March 25th 2012

Hello everyone

Shue, where are you with your coffee!?

Hope everyone is OK, thanks again for all the congratulatory messages as I celebrated my 30 days yesterday. As I keep saying, it wouldn't have been possible without you all.

Another great sober morning and beautiful mild spring day here so plan to get out with the kids later.

I'll be back later

On with the next 30 days.......one day at a time

Sausage x
    Day 31

Good morning all,

Hi sausage- thanks for starting us off. enjoy the day with your kiddos! Onward to 60!

Lav- cash is king baby! Actually, thunk of the cash you would have spent the last 3 years on liquid? Daunting isn't it? Three years is SO very impressive.

Sunbun- you're shopping comments had me cracking up. I totally get it. I don't want to wish time away but the day my daughter finally doesn't want anything to do with those LOUD music clothing stores is cause for celebration.

Speaking of music- Guitarista- thanks for your kind words.

Green- your mocktail sounds delish. Glad your friend is getting it that you are a non-drinker.

TDN- I won't take my car trips for granted anymore. I'd have taken you with if I could have.

Our handyman showed yesterday. My husband is handsome not handy! A little Red Green fer ya! I did some gardening bought pots! Lol) and painted a room while my daughter supervised. "you missed a spot..."

Kaslo-the kayak visual had me chuckling! I haven't kayaked in years. I'd like to start trying some new (old) things again. Life is for the living right?

Papmom- I :h your avatar. So cute!
    Shue, Det, Turn, Mum, Sugar,and those that my brain can't remember this early, have a tea-riffic day!!!!!
    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Just wanted to add, I've posted a question on what everyone thinks about the advantages v disadvantages of counting AF days in the General section, take a look if interested!

Comment

Good morning, Sausage and Almost and all to come aboard today!

Cold and rainy here today--only getting up to the upper forties--last week it was 80 F, so this is a rude shock! And it is supposed to be like this most of the week:upset:

Greenie, I hope your head is better! OUCH!! The races must have been fun. Like your mocktail.

Sunni, I haven't done much in store shopping for ages, and not just because I can't drive. I love the Internet for that, especially ebay! I have to confess that I bought some clothes yesterday at HUGE bargains!! I should be selling things, but some days I just like to buy:H

My dinner/meeting last night was great! We arrived really early to start the spaghetti and salad and set up, but it was nice to talk with a few people before the crowd--maybe 60 or 70--arrived. We had desserts like iId never seen before! My student arrived a little early, and we spent some time reminiscing the crazy days at the local high school, including two trips (Quebec and France.) It was good to talk with him. Seeing an intlelligent, well educated young man affected by AL reminds me of how very powerful this addiction is. We plan to stay in touch on FB and will try to attend some meetings together. He has applied for a few college jobs and has even seen the effect of the DUIs.

Church today, and not much else, and I'm happy about that. Still resting the old foot when I can and icing twice a day. I have to make a move on the insurance situation this week.
        Hope you all have a great AF Sunday!
        Gimpy
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Sorry I'm late with the coffee... I was awaken at 3AM by a phone call, two husbands locked themselves out of the chalet ... And I was the only idiot with my phone on. They were out in Tshirts, 3 sheets to the wind, reeking of AL and cigars. Now that I pay attention I noticed how much our friends are drinking ... And it is a lot more than before .... Both of them had at least 2 bottles of wine each (without counting lunch beers)

Anyhoo - no skiing and late posting since we got hit by a big storm ... Communication was down too, but do not feel sorry for me, we holed up at the spa.

Last year when we came here I was drinking with them, waking up at 3AM in search of water and advil, skiing with a headache. Thank you guys for helping me really appreciate this break. Seeing my friends drunk makes me want to stay AF even more.

Shue, still posting on blackberry
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Hi Sober Sunday Gang!

This is the first chance I've had to catch up all weekend. Yesterday was great...busy at work and then I did a killer workout at the gym. Had an early dinner with hubs and then crashed on the sofa to watch a movie. Slept like a log and here I am...bright and bright-eyed on this early Spring morning. Rainy today but not too cold. Hope you are all having a lovely day so far!

Saucy and LG...congrats on your milestone of 30 days! Doesn't it feel wonderful!!!??? Now on to the next 30! The longest I have ever made it is 70 days; I'm banking on way beyond that this round! Although I shouldnt say "round" I should say Way of Life. Because that is what it really is... a sober lifestyle.

Saucy, I will check out your thread on counting days in the other section. Jason Vale says this is a big no no but I'm not sure on that. It is wonderful to celebrate our sober milestones with those who really get it...like you folks. Looking forward to my 60 day mark!

Well, gotta get going to work. Hope you all have a terrific day!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Haven't done a thing yet but drink coffee & Maxie is still sleeping!!!
              No rush to get in gear for either of us :H

Greetings to Sausage, Almost, TDN, Shue & Blondie!
              Shue, watching others get stupid on AL really makes it all real, doesn't it? Helps make me want to keep my AF promise forever!!!!!!!!

Sausage, I like counting days, weeks, months, years - for me it is positive reinforcement

Kaslo, thanks for the Cha - Ching last night :H :H
              Think I'll make myself a big green cake to share tomorrow :H

Have a great AF day everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

What a beautiful day! Waking up on the weekend AF just feels so wonderful, doesn't it?

Today, hubby and I celebrate our 26th anniversary....we're heading out for a beautiful drive a bit from the city to a great little restaurant called Turnagain House! How sweet that they named it after me! lol.

I am wrapping my cyber present for Lav's big day. I personally enjoy the milestones and this is a wonderous one coming up for an amazing person!

Wishing a great AF day to all FABbers near and far....
                Sober for the Revolution!
                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hey Fabinees. Not a lotta time here this morning, and thats gonna be the story as the season progresses, but I am all with yez AND I will write something about keeping track of time.

Everyone have a great time today.OTIFS

Kaz
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hi everybody, still here. Sorry I haven't been checking in regularly but my work schedule gets crazy at times. I worked pretty much around the clock yesterday, getting up at 5am and getting home this morning at 8:30. I feel like a zombie. As I was leaving work this morning a coworker/friend asked what my husband and I were doing tonight. He wanted us to come over for steak and wine. Um, no thanks! We've got plans already, but the wine doesn't sound appealing to me at all. This is a couple that we hang out with and I'm sure we'll have dinner with them in the not too distant future, but I won't be drinking. As Byrdie would say, "No, Hell No!" :H

Yesterday was my 29th birthday for the 18th time. Too busy with work to celebrate. Getting older is a privilege that not everyone gets to enjoy. I am embracing every birthday and am grateful for my sober life.

Comment

ello my friends, couldn't check in yesterday because da internet is broken and no technician can bop out till tomorrow, so checkin in from my phone and gona keep it short.

All is good with me, learning loads, putting into practice and feeling good. It was a beautiful day here in Ireland, and was out and about, god its a lovely little country when the sun shines, really raises ur spirits

Hope ur all keeping well and will browse and chat more when da internet is fixed
                      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Hello Hello Fabbinis!

Quick post-barn, pre-nap check in!
                        Gorgeous day here today, albeit a little cooler. I started working on the first flower bed at the barn... kinda snuck up on me... wasn't really what I had planned for the day :H Oh well.

Anywho... the sleep fairy was at her most absent again last night and I am beyond pooped (lugging patio stones and rocks to make border probably didn't help a whole lot). I'll poke back in here after a wee rest
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

FlyAway, glad to see you
                          You work the way I used to but don't anymore :H I do NOT miss that sickening feeling of being up & working for > 24 hrs. Get some well deserved rest!

Hi Kaslo, sugarbeat & the tired Sunni
                          An afternoon nap really rocks!!!!
                          I have slept rather well the past two nights so I'm probably due for a bad night soon
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

WOW WOW WOW I had a spectacular day!! Hit the museum for a great exhibit and they were having a special promo so it was only half price to rejoin. I walked there a couple blocks from where I parked in the rain and when I came out it was beautiful! I had hiking stuff and a PB&J in the trunk just in case so I stopped by friends' house and changed and went on a 5 mile hike on elevated boardwalk and a wonderful winding trail that followed a cypress filled creek. It was gorgeous with an afternoon sun slant and even had a brief spell of wind and rain but it's an old forest so the canopy is pretty thick. It was a beautiful sound in the quiet of the woods. And not one single mosquito! What a good karma day.
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Happy AFing Sunday ABeroooos!

what lovely things your all up to. sweet!

Happy Anni to Turn and Mr Turn!!!! fabuloso

packing up for Vegas tomorrow. Dx and I are headed down for the week to visit with family from out of state. Vegas sober is the ONLY way to go

be well everyone
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X