AF Daily: Sunday March 25th 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidy hody hoody Fabies. Lovely day here as well. I spent the day in my garden by the river pulling the old leaves off, and starting perennial seeds in my plastic old salad containers and plastic cookie boxes from Safeway, out in the sunshine. Its a great way to start hollyhocks, lupins, columbines, hosta, rudbeckia, any perennial seeds, or half hardy annuals, like lettuce, spinach, peas, cosmos, really. They act like litttle greenhouses, stab holes in the bottom and the tops, fill with planting mix, put the seeds in, water, close the boxes up and still them out in a sheltered sunny spot. They germinate and grow in there, and they are already frost hardy, you dont have to mess around with putting them out gradually. They dont get damping off disease, and you dont need to water again or supply bottom heat, and they dont get spindly like on the starting bench. Then transplant them into the beds when its warmer.
    Easy and a good use of plastic crap. I should post a pix of it! Ha ha.

I also made a nice rack of lamb for dinner with spring potatoes, and peas, and fresh carrots.... Very nice day all round. Thought of you all here, but not about AL at all.

Love to all

Kaslo
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kaslo;1286179 wrote: starting perennial seeds in my plastic old salad containers and plastic cookie boxes from Safeway, out in the sunshine. They act like litttle greenhouses, stab holes in the bottom and the tops, fill with planting mix, put the seeds in, water, close the boxes up and still them out in a sheltered sunny spot. They germinate and grow in there, and they are already frost hardy, you dont have to mess around with putting them out gradually. They dont get damping off disease, and you dont need to water again or supply bottom heat, and they dont get spindly like on the starting bench. Then transplant them into the beds when its warmer.
      Easy and a good use of plastic crap. I should post a pix of it! Ha ha.
      SPECTACULAR IDEA!!!!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

You all sound so nice, can I join?

:new:

Hello, I have been reading here and there and have come across this group of lovely people a couple of times and you really do sound great.

I have a very long history of al abuse and am on my second stint of trying to go af. My last attempt lasted 87 days so I was pretty pleased with that.

Trying for a new record now but I feel my resolve weakening a bit, even though I am already feeling physically and emotionally better.
        If at first you dont succeed......

Comment

Welcome aboard Over....(over over, roger roger Airplane the Movie quotes)

Well, at least you have had some success at being AF before, now you know how to do it.

I think setting those goals is a GREAT idea....wishing you all the strength, knowledge, and support needed to start picking them off one by one :welcome:
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Over It!;1287257 wrote: :new:

Hello, I have been reading here and there and have come across this group of lovely people a couple of times and you really do sound great.

I have a very long history of al abuse and am on my second stint of trying to go af. My last attempt lasted 87 days so I was pretty pleased with that.

Trying for a new record now but I feel my resolve weakening a bit, even though I am already feeling physically and emotionally better.
            Welcome, over it!! Please jump right it!!
            sigpic

Comment

Hello Everyone.
              Well reached another mile stone, 21 days to day, which is really good. But, as you can see from "my mood" I am starting to wane a bit. It is our wedding anniversary next week and I am thinking of coming off the Topa so that I can have a drink. Is that wrong? It is isnt it?

Comment

I don't know about right or wrong, per se. If it were me....bad idea. I say that with a long time abber's knowledge and experience. Been there, done that. Over it, there will always be reasons to have a drink. It will behove you to understand that there is NO reason good enough to risk your sobriety. And you are at risk or you wouldn't be here. Get past the holidays, birthdays, weddings, funerals, BBQs, anniversaries, graduations..... all that. You don't drink any more. For any event. And really, as time goes by you won't think about it. After an AF year, I decided to drink at a wine tasting rehearsal dinner. BAD idea. It took a few months, but it took me down and I had to start over again. I'd have 4 years in June were it not for that. Think long and hard about it, OK?
                sigpic

Comment

Starting to Wane

Hello Green eyes, thank you so much for taking the time to answer.
                  Thankfully after a reasonably good nights sleep, my resolve is a little stronger this morning. BTW, when I said I may come off Topa, I actually meant Antabuse, of course you cant stop and start Topa like that.

My biggest problem is that my husband and my besties like a drink or 2 or 3 or 4 and it really makes stopping difficult. Interestingly though, I have started to remember the horrible daily hangovers, guilt, regret, lethargy self hate......(I can go on but I know that you get the gist).

I will continue to take the Antabuse, may even take two half dosages twice a day which will guarantee that I dont drink - dont want to end up in hospital-again!:upset:

Comment

Again?? Good grief, girl.. what did you do?
                    Stick with it, honey... I just recently had some 'thoughts' as well and got out my Antabuse again...
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Starting to Wane

What I did was go to a footall match with my husband and best friends, had WAAAAAAYYY too much to drink, passed out, hit my head on the road whilst falling backward when my husband was trying to put me into a taxi and banged ny head hard on the road. Blood everywhere. Ambulance called. Taken to Emegency, :yuk:vomited, concussion. Not a good look at all. So ashamed of myself.

Comment

Oh dear.
                        The memory of that may serve you well in the days to come, though :l
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Over It!;1289799 wrote: What I did was go to a footall match with my husband and best friends, had WAAAAAAYYY too much to drink, passed out, hit my head on the road whilst falling backward when my husband was trying to put me into a taxi and banged ny head hard on the road. Blood everywhere. Ambulance called. Taken to Emegency, :yuk:vomited, concussion. Not a good look at all. So ashamed of myself.
                          Oh shit. That's... well.... motivation enough to stay sober don't you think?
                          sigpic

Comment

Starting to Wane

Seeing it inwriting makes me feel even more useless and ashamed. This sint the only time I have been hospitalised! Am sporting a 14 stitch scar on my forhead from another alcohol induced only 6 months ago. Said it was a "dizzy Spell"! Why did I have to be inflicted with this????????????? Its been going on all my adult life and I am now 61 years old.

Comment

Over It, we certainly could have been dealt a worse hand in the genetic lottery. could have one of a host of degenerative terminal diseases that would have killed us before our 21st birthday regardless of how we lived our lives. Alcoholism may be a crappy disease/malady but the one huge silver lining in our cloud is that we can actually STOP it's control of us by simply not ingesting it. A choice that people with cancer, Alzheimers, leukemia etc etc simply don't have.
                              hang in there!
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X