Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday, April 14

Good morning,

The coffee this morning is in honor of Sausage and her big 5 0 mark. Way to go Sausage!
    Unfortunately, I have the small Keurig machine and it makes one cup at a time. Sorry for the long line but I have many different coffee choices to rummage through while you wait.

Reading Det's and Kas science threads from yesterday made me realize I'm just not as intelligent as I thought I was. :H Holy moly that was a lot to (parden the pun) digest. Very interesting stuff!

All the puppy pics.are making me give thought to another pooch. We adopted my dog when she was out of the puppy stage so I missed out on puppy breath.
    Her breath now could melt the paint off a car!!!!!!

I'm off to grocery shop at the crack of dawn. Jealous? I thought not. Happy Saturday!
    AF since 2/22/2012

Good morning my old pals, I've first for the decaf, no pushing I was here first

Yes it is getting fierce scentific round here

Okey dokey in Sugarland, after my hour and a half of an interview (it was like a quiz show christmas special), I was very chilled that it was over yesterday, went for dinner with some friends had such a laugh to the belly stuff, everyone was saying how relaxed and easy and good I was lookin, that was a sweet reward I must say

Feelin good my friends to be honest, up and did my meditation to this morning, my daily negetive thinking scrub, things are looking up and I like it

Hope you all have a great day, and congrats Sugar on your 50 plus days now, you are flyin it
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Almostfamous;1296619 wrote: Holy moly that was a lot to (parden the pun) digest.
      :H:H

I just try to eat real, unadulterated food. And I try to not eat from any place that serves food out a window.

Go sausage on 50 days! Rock on!

Sugarbeat, you sound great. You've really got a hold on how to take charge of your feelings. That's SO valuable.

Off to yoga!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Popping in to sya good morning before I check last night's posts to see what science lessons I missed!
        Saucy, BIG 50!! Good for you, and keep it going!
        Sugar, my interview was pretty long, too, but mush more relaxed and fun! I have a good feeling about this one--but have had it for all these jobs:H I do hope for the manager position, and had a lot in common with the woman owner. She wants somebody mature that she can rely on, as she lives in ME and has four stores there. Also hard to find somebody who is okay with five or six months employment and no benefits. No questions about driving came up, thank God. Should hear on Monday.
        Have friends coming for dinner and going to the gym then grocery shopping. Beautiful day her, and getting warmer and warmer!
        Have a great AF day, all!
        TDN
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

There's lots of puppy breath going on here Almost :H
          My last two dogs were adult rescues as well, I know what you mean - puppys are kinda nice

Sugar, isn't really nice to have your sanity back? I wake up every morning so grateful to just be myself once again

Greenie, I'm with you on the 'clean' eating. I've had to completely eliminate dairy (yucky intolerance issues) & I don't buy much of anything processed if I can make it myself. I sure do feel a heck of a lot better these days.

TDN, keeping my fingers crossed for you & hope you hear good news on Monday
          Enjoy your dinner with friends.

I want to spend as much time as possible outside today getting some weeds pulled, etc. despite my ongoing fear of contact dermatitis
          Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande;1296647 wrote:
            Sugar, isn't really nice to have your sanity back? I wake up every morning so grateful to just be myself once again
            Sure is, getting the control and trust of yourself again, that feeling is priceless
            "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morningFabinees...off to take the Kayak up the Arrow Lake to Deer Park beach. Have a great day.

My take, after 40 years of university and practice is eat moderately, eat well, exercise, hydrate, think positively. i am not a nutritionist, and neither is Det, but I LIKE Det and I respect his right to express an opinion. I happened to have spent rather a lot of time on nutritional disorders in plants and animals, but when it comes to human health, which is really a huge field on the internet now, I think its best to just do what feels right for you.

Have a great AF day, everyone. Being AF alone is a huge step toward wellness. Its WAY more important than anything else in my opinion.

Kaslo
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

I LOVE being AF. Last night, we went out to a fancy restaurant with another couple. Beside the initial cocktails that all good servers push before any food is ordered, 2 bottles of wine were ordered - consumed by just 3 people. And you know what? None of them looked happier or better for it. Maybe just fatter and fuzzier in the thinking. Oh - and poorer. The wine cost even more than the food. Why bother being a wine connoisseur when the end game is just to seek relieve for the addiction?

well...no mo for this old wine HO.

I love coming here in the morning...people with bright eyes...bright ideas...vigorous exchange of nutritional pathways....people with plans for living - not medicating with a heinous toxin. Glad to have so many great peeps along for this hope-filled journey!

Sausage....girlie - 50 days is a mighty milestone. Keep flxing those AF muscles. You are a wonder!

Off to Costco! My thrill. Really. Altho, there will be no more gelato until my flabbo is allgone-o!
                Sober for the Revolution!
                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Happy Saturday ABeroooos!

looking foward to yet another hangover-free weekend of fun and frivolity. snow has abated a tad so it may be time to inspect ham radio antennae for damage from last storm.

my dear friend Kaso is right: being AF is our most important single decision on our path to wellness.
                  and I see many folks here espousing a commitment to eating 'real food' which is an A+

after I quit AL I lost weight, then reached a plateau which was really annoying. I exercised my ass off and still couldn't get that weight off. an obese fellow I workout out with at the gym was also experiencing these frustrations. he told me about a new take on diet written by a respected PHD called PALEO and I thought he was nuts. the diet just sounded 'weird' to me and contradicted everything I held to be 'true' about nutrition. well, having him as a sparring partner was sure a learning experience to me: he shed pounds incredibly fast, gained lean muscle and got much faster (owch!). so that jolted me out of my 'safe happy idea' of what I knew about diet and lets say the rest is history. now, I'm looking backward in utter fascination because I want to know from a physiological perspective 'why' this lifestyle has worked so well for me and others. people warn me to be very careful where I get my info and to only trust it from safe and accredited sources (which I do and take quite seriously) while at the same time the seem to embrace with total trust some of the weakest pseudo-science on the planet which sadly our medical establishment has failed to take seriously for decades. an example would be our infamous food pyramid and other politically driven crap from Ancel Keys. another great example is that our very own FDA pushed trans-fats for over a decade as the new 'heart healthy alternative to butter' and has killed and sickened an unknown quantity of people as a result of their negligence.

to summarize before I write another book: there is a great deal of pseudo-science on both sides of the spectrum and under the guise of both alternative as well as goverment-backed 'medicine' that is dangerously inductive in it's logic, and serves only to verify their narrative. I am not a doctor, nutritionalist or even a very smart man. that's why I have to read between the lines of thousands of articles to glean a few gems and go on to see the data and clinical trials for myself.

don't be afraid to try an elimination diet. you may be really surprised. keep an open mind above all.

I'll be keeping an open paycheck on monday have an MRI scheduled for my stupid left hand. the finger joint is still badly swollen and quite painful so it's the next step. maybe they will put my hand in a cast and I'll have to give you all a break on my long winded crazy ranting!

Dx is feeling better so we are off to find her a new used car. weeeeeeee.

be well
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

gotta maintain our sense of humor

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Almost Pizza
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

:hallo: Fabs & Fabinis!

Busy day at/around the barn today. Can anyone explain to me why I can't grow grass in the yard, but my round pen is a 'green' any golfer would die for? No? I haven't got a clue, either. So, digging and yanking and raking it is, then.

Sausage, you are just sizzling (sorry)! Happy 50th day of AF awesomeness!

Turnip.. your observations last night were spot on. I'm really coming to realize how brainwashed we all are (were) in terms of 'fine wine with food'. It's completely bogus. I actually think I enjoy my food more now, that I'm not distracted by pouring ethanol down my throat.

Almost, thank you for the coffee.. well received as always and condolences on the shopping. Sugar... an hour and a half is an awfully long interview, isn't it? Hope, it leads to what you want! Fingers, eyes, and legs crossed for you, too, TDN! Lav... hope the weeds won't jump on you. Bubble wrap!!! Happy kayaking Kaslo! Det, I may look into the paleo stuff again. Sigh. Unfortunately, I'm not really a foodie (at least not at home)... I'll eat whatever is quick; sometimes I'm too lazy to eat at all.

Hello to green queen and all to come! Back outside I go and ONE THING IS FOR SURE!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

OK, did a minimal amount of weeding - just too afraid of the arm funk, I kid you not :H :H

But I did get to the plant farm & came home with some tomato & basil plants, lots of flowers & neat stuff like that

I'll be back later with a pic of today's kitchen masterpiece :H
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

"will work for basil"

I absolutely adore basil.

ok, no car shopping for me. home resting is good though. many projects. zoom zoom
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Late check in from me.
                            Thank you for all the congratulatory messages on 50 days.
                            Have just finished day 51.
                            Still have some reading to do on here to catch up from when I was away.
                            See you all tomorrow.
                            Take care
                            Sausage x

Comment

Rode my bike!! huff huff huff huff huff huff huff huff Just around the neighborhood to make sure the gears work (after some silicone gunk spray) but that counts in my book! Besides, what I think is all that matters, right Lav? :H

Tons of stuff needs doing, but little doggie is staring at me, convinced that I have on river clothes. Must oblidge. Besides this weather is spectacular!

Det, bummer about your hand. :upset:
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X