Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday, April 14

:H Greenie

Not my doggie, but Atlas has been staring me down all day. Unfortunately, there's no time to get in a quick ride today... but I'm almost convinced that's what he's been wanting.

And around the block totally counts. That is all.
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Det - hope the paw is OK

Greenie, the book of Lavan-ittude clearly states that opinions are like @ssholes - everyone has one :H
      Of course your trip around the block counts!!!

Sausage, good on you for sticking to your plan!

Sunni, would Atlas settle for a healthy & tasty donut?? :H
      I picked up a pan yesteday specifically for baking donuts. I found a recipe that looked pretty good then I made it healthy. These suckers are made with white whole wheat flour & I made them dairy & cholesterol free & lowfat to boot (before I put toppings on).
      Don't look Det.....

AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hahahahahaa! don't tell anyone I said this but they look good Lav. I have cheat meals too. you gotta live and have fun eh? I don't live as a perfectionist because I wouldn't be able to stand myself.

I was trying to take a picture of a cute little Mormon Squirrel a few minutes ago and just as I was releasing the shutter it flipped around and I got a nice picture of squirrel butt! LOL
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

hello Abber Fabbers
          must make thsi short as i sliced the %$#** out of my index finger and can't type too good or fast.

Busy week and even busier day. Up early to take Freddy to vet for check up amd shaving (see FB pic!!). Poor thing but the matts were just too bad not to do this. The vet is no groomer however!!

After my own hair cut I did some shopping, lunch then home to mow. Unfotunately mower broken, I cam't fix so off to Lowe's to buy a new one (there goes the AC for the Paphut!). Didn't get to mow tho due to the knife incident amd spent over an hour trying to get bleeding stopped long enough to get steri strips on. Need stitches but hoping steri's will do the job.

Now its 7:30 and nothing in the house got done. Thank god Monday is a holiday!!

Congrats to our milestone members!! Keep up the great work!!

Hugs to matilda lav!!

Hugs to everyone else too.

Det-good luck with the finger. I know I should switch to Paleo but just can't see me cooking. Is there Paleo take out?

OH yes, I did get the dog food company demo rep job and gave a mpnths notice to the NH!!
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Papmom, you eat out every day? wowsers. that must get expensive. I've seen several folks concerned that eating a paleo type of diet is too complicated or expensive so let me offer a few meal ideas off the top of my head

breakfast:
            mixed veggie fritatta

snack: fruit

lunch: mixed greens drizzled with extra virgin olive oil with canned tuna or salmon

snack: nuts

dinner: grilled chicken with garlic mashed sweet potatoes and saute'd green beans. sprinkle with toasted almonds.

desert: fruit

easy!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

:yay: I wanna see squirrel butt Det :H

Papmom, goodness - what a day you have had lady!
              When it rains it pours, huh?
              Hope your poor finger is OK. (Remember me slicing off the very tip of my pinky finger two summers ago? The sucker grew back!!!! Looks normal but feels numb).

Congrats on the new job Hope it's fabulous.

This may make you feel a bit better. I found Matilda on Maxie's bed last night with one of the kid's Binkys in her mouth - no kidding!!

AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

oh lav-sooo cute! look how huge maxi's bed looks!!

I am a clutz and that is all. I just hope it doesn't get infected!!

Det-I guess I do eat a lot of frozen dinners and take out. didn't even realize that. I think making a diet switch might be harder than giving up AL!! I would like to try tho. Breakfast is a snap but I'll miss my whole grain English muffin!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Papmom - what need is a couple of hens in your yard

At least you'll have some nice fresh eggs!!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I would love hens Lav-tell my city its the american way!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

We could get a petition going about the hens.......
                      It was a big deal war effort back during WW I ~ why not now?
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Determinator;1296930 wrote: dinner: grilled chicken with garlic mashed sweet potatoes and saute'd green beans. sprinkle with toasted almonds.
                        I was close! I had baked chicken, baked sweet potato, cooked fresh carrots, & salad w/ a vinegarette I made. Wish I had one of those donuts for dessert.

P3, you used to cook those foil packet things in advance didn't you? They sounded pretty good too. Hope your finger gets well soon.

That matilda is such a sweetie. Is there to be a nickname for the 3 syllable dog?

TDN & sugarbeat, I'm rooting for you in the job arena. TDN, how's your foot doing?

Squirrel butt. I guess that means they have opinions too. :H:H
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

And P3, it might not be paleo, but it's better than frozen and take out...... CROCK POT!
                          sigpic

Comment

Greenie, that is legit paleo. nicely done!

yes I'll have a donut too. then back in the cave tomorrow

I was just furthering my research and lectins ARE indeed proteins as I'd posted yesterday. I think Kas was just testing me. rascal!

aye the crockpot is also my friend. ok everyone.... favorite crockpot creation?

I'll go first: take a large cheap roast like a pork shoulder and brown the heck out of it on the stovetop. this may take a good 15-20 minutes. liberally cover with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper and put into the crockpot with several cups of water (to make yummy broth). cook on high until it begins to simmer, then turn to low for 3 or more hours.

it's sooo simply and yummy.

Lav, that's a stellar idea about everyone raising their own hens where able. Id' have to take mine travelling on the road with me into hotel rooms. hmmm
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

guess what?

squirrel butt!
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

A squirrel??? East coast squirrels are not like that. Are you sure that isn't a chipmunk??
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X