X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily -Monday April 30

Morning folks,

Coffee coffee coffee all round, I've got my apron and hat on dishing it out

All good in Sugarland, a wee bt anxious waiting for a reply from my interview but here's hoping for the best and if not a solid head to march on to better things, I'd appreciate some of your good energy for it tough because I do love the sound of that job

Anyhow that's all really, its a windy wet day in the Emerald Isle but as I said before I kinda like that weather when I'm lookin out at it, it got character

Wishin you all a super last day of April
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Hiya Sugarbeat,

And you've got character too!

Best wishes with the job. Have a great day in your beautiful country.

Strength and peace to anybody doing it a little tough. Wishing all a maagnificent day out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi those here and all to come

Thanks for the coffee, Sugar and good luck. :l

Always good to see you, Mr G! Your avatar makes me smile. Did you end up playing a song for me on your 30 day AF tribute thread?

I have to get work started but I just wanted to say that I'm in a making amends kind of mood. I also feel like a right :rolleyesmonkey:...

I'm not making excuses for bf as he was also being an ass but I've learned a very good lesson. I spent so much time wanting to be right that I forget what is important: love and support. It was only when I sat back and calmed down that I came to my senses.

Even though it is a lot harder, saying 'I'm sorry' always makes me feel better than 'telling it as it is.' So after picking up the pieces I will indeed give peace a chance.

I'm so new to sobriety and happiness (only 2 months out of my life-long depression now) and I have so much to learn. In the last week I learnt that the zeal of the convert :soapbox:
      will only chase the non-converted away. I'm slightly hyper now and I feel like I want to make up for all the lost time and bulldozing over other people never helps...

*sigh* Onward and upward, eh?

Have a great day everyone.

:h

PS: Is it a Public Holiday where you guys are?
      It't not here but most people took the day off because tomorrow is.

Comment

DizzyBee;1307504 wrote:

Always good to see you, Mr G! Your avatar makes me smile. Did you end up playing a song for me on your 30 day AF tribute thread?

I'm so new to sobriety and happiness (only 2 months out of my life-long depression now)
        And it's always good to see you too Dizzy! Of course i played a song for you, the moment i read your post. And i play for you now my friend. (An otherworldly improvised piece plucked from the ether in the key of A!)

The sober life is the best isn't it? I cannot help but be happy most of the time. I often sing to myself walking along the street, or shopping, anywhere at all. Why? Simply because i feel good, and there is no poison in my body dragging me down. Very glad to hear you are happy.

Yo Fruity!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

You can play me Hey Mr Tambourine Man any time.

Bob Dylan is such a mastermind, just a pity about his voice sometimes and sometimes his insistence on making everything rhyme makes me giggle.

I love him singing his song 'You belong to me' though it gives me goose bumps.

BTW, Dylan insists the Mr Tambourine Man song was never about drugs, but rather the search for inspiration. He claims the title character of Mr. Tambourine Man was actually inspired by musician Bruce Langhorne, who played a large Turkish tambourine during many of Dylan’s previous recording sessions.

eace:

Comment

Good morning Sugar, G and Dizzy Bee! Wow, I'm already rhyming and I haven't even slugged my second cup of coffee.

I know it sounds bad to wish time away, but I'm soooo glad to have the weekend behind me. I am proud to have stayed sober both at restaurants and our home with free flowing beer. I never did buy wine for our friends. Oddly enough having beer doesn't tempt me but I had no interest in being tested by opening wine!!! I believe I'm on day 69 today.
            We not only had company but we also had an open house yesterday. What was I thinking? Clearly, I was not! At least I can't blame it on the alcohol.

I'm off to catch up on MWO reading. Happy Monday you fab peeps.
            AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Hi, Sugar, Dizzy, G-Man and all to come! Happy Monday!
              Fingers and toes crossed for the job, Sugar!!
              Good luck with BF and everything else, Dizzy. This journey isn't easy, but as we all know, so worth it!
              Somebody mentioned on another thread the segment about addiction on Sixty Minutes last night. I had seen a lot of this during a rehab last summer, but good to see it again. For anybody who still doesn't think that this is a disease, this would change their minds. A billion dollars is spent yearly on trying to solve the addiction issue, and the researcher said that it is slow going. Yes, if only there was a pill to end addiction!
              Also on our NH news TV channel last night, there was a segment on drunk drivers and laws that make those with 3 convictions face the same penalty as those with 11 convicitons (there is one person in the ste with that many!) I was surprised to see a mug shot of a woman I know through my AA group--she got three convictions in one week! She is sober--not sure how long-- and comes regularly to meetings, and has a very positive attitude, and I hope this public exposure doesn't derail her sobriety. Why the hell this state gives you a temporary license for 30 days after the DUI is beyond me! Yet there is no "Cinderella" license where you can drive to and from work.
              Going for a walk at 8:00, then work at 10:00. Not sure how long I'll be there. Depends on whether we get another HUGE shipment today.
              Okay, hope you all have a GREAT AF Monday!
              TDN
              "One day at a time."

Comment

Croos post, Almost--as usual!!!:H
                Good for you for staying AF with all that going on!! Love it! How did the showing go?
                "One day at a time."

Comment

The week that I thought would never end has finally ended! Oh I am soooo tired. I need to catch up and see what has been happening with you all, but I might take a nap first. Day 73 for me.

Comment

Hi TDN! We are famous for cross posting. We seem to have interested people but no bites yet. Thanks for asking. I'm trying to stay positive. Me and cleaning are not getting along!!! :H

Fly- you are doing great ticking off your af days. Go nap! I need one of those too.
                    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Quick check in from me here on day 67. All OK just busy, haven't time to read properly.
                      Have a great AF day everyone.

Comment

Afternoon my friends

Bad news, got a call back from the company and didnt get the position

But I'm ok, I'm doing all the right things these days and I'm not going to wallow, for these reasons

1.)I was invited to the interview, for a position I didn't apply for, by the company because they saw potential in me that I didn't see in myself
                        2.)I was told I did a great interview for this position I didn't feel I was capable of in the first place
                        3.)They needed someone to hit the job running and althoughI know I could do that, maybe I's be putting myself under too much pressure when sobriety is my priorty
                        4.) I'm up and have applied for 2 more positions already, and kow there is something great waiting for me

From me the best thing is that I have so much more control and awareness of my thinking, if I was drinking now, I would have gone a very miserable thought pattern

Onwards and upwards
                        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good Morning, Fabbies!

Stuck with taxes - nothing like leaving it to the very last minute, eh? :upset:
                          Sugar.. still crossing fingers for you!
                          Congrats Almost.. sounds like your weekend was a smashing success! The really great thing is, that every time you make it through triggers (big and small), you're in that much better position to kick the next one to the curb! Well done!
                          TDN.. God, I would die of shame! But I guess that's the point of the mugshot publication. Hope your AA friend can deal with it sober. Uggh.

Dizzy, Fly, Mr. G, and all to come.. have a great Monday!
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Late morning Greetings Abbers,

Sorry about the job situation sugar. But staying positive & continuing to learn & grow will pay off in the long run for you

Starting off the day with some nice doggie pics taken by my DIL yesterday

AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Oh, Sugarbeat, I'm sorry that this one wasn't for you but I'm also happy to hear how well you are handling this because you seem to be getting rid of what Sun reminded me is our called our old stinking thinking.

Since quitting the sauce, I realise that people just respond to me so much more positively and from what I hear, I can see that this is also happening for you.

I now get offers for things I don't ask for, I end up chatting to strangers in the lift and making contacts in the grocery queue, not because I force conversation but because i'm no longer so damn self-centred and am approachable and friendly.

So the right job will come along. Because your brain is much clearer and your energy is much more positive and you are practicing those positive thinking muscles. You are such an inspiration. :l

Lav, there are some interesting things happening in the gardening thread. And I subscribe to an 'ethical co-op' newsletter as I order my organic and normal veggies and other eggs from them. I suppose they get their produce from people like you, the suppliers that look after their veggies and live stock in a smaller and kinder way.

Something in the newsletter scared me a bit, even though it was a bit closer to your home than mine. It said that" "Maryland is banning arsenic from chicken feed. Apparently in the US, 70% of broiler chickens are fed arsenic additives. The additives were approved in order to reduce disease in the coops, as well as to give the meat a pleasant pink glow when it sits on supermarket shelves.

Slowly the growing body of evidence of the harmful effects has been gathered and there are moves now to ban it. It's indicative of all that's wrong todays warlike food model. Those working in the conventional food system are trying to fight against the tide, one poisonous ingredient at a time, while new ones are approved ever quicker. Much more sustainable, the organic model works, is safe for both those producing it and those eating it, and produces enough healthy, arsenic-free food for all."

Anyway, sorry for pasting all the text, it just made me think of you.

Kas and Det
                              , when you check in, will you please check out last night's thread, I left some comments for you there.

PS: I am a friend willing to trade me a baby pot belly pig for some of my sprouting kits...
                              Which I think will be a good new pet for my brother as his dog is on his last legs. Obviously it won't be a surprise gift and we have a big garden and we live on a small holding. Any thoughts???

PPS:
                              Hmmm, I think I was assuming it was a miniature, she didn't specify, are the normal ones the same size as normal pigs?

Comment

Working...
                              X