AF Daily -Monday April 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry you didn't get the job Sugar but something else will come up - you sound so positive, - like the way you are thinking.

Some great pictures on here today - love the doggie pics Lav and Dizzy, I just love those baby pot bellied pigs!

Comment

Thanks, Sausage, I don't know much of your story or why you chose your avatar?
      Any advice on pot bellied pigs? Or do you just think they are cute?

Comment

Dizzy,
        The are cute as hell when they are babies but when they grow they are pretty big!!!
        I had a neighbor with one years ago & couldn't believe how big the pig was until it got loose & ran thru the neighborhood one day :H The pig found a new home shortly after that episode.

There are huge chicken growers located in Southern Maryland (Perdue & Tyson to name a few). I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear that they feed their chickens poisonous crap. Unfortunately all those birds end up on someone's dinner table
        I have read the labels on more bags of chicken feed than you can imagine. For a while I was buying a feed that was made locally but egg production wasn't so great. So I have returned to a commercial feed but it's clean - no by-products, no insecticides, etc. My whole point & purpose with this project was to produce healthy eggs from happy hens
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hooray! I just knew you had to be a good egg.

Comment

No Dizzy I'm no pig expert I'm afraid although I do know pot bellies grow pretty big!
            I do like pigs and I choose a pig avatar because its different and I feel it's kind of appropriate to my name "Sausage" (sausages being generally made of pork!)
            The name Sausage originates from my daughter actually as it was a nickname she had which started as a baby and which has stuck.
            I'm the only Sausage on here - wouldn't want to be Sausage947 or something!!
            I also love the expression "not a sausage!"

Comment

Amen to not being Sausage947! I usually badger people about their usernames beacuse, as I'm a writer, I find choice of words and names extremely interesting. (And of course I just had to ensure you werent perhaps some mini pot bellied pig farmer). I guess no piggy for us then. But I'm with you on the expression too, its very cool. I actually forgot about that as I havent been in those parts for a while.

Comment

sugarbeat;1307668 wrote: Afternoon my friends

Bad news, got a call back from the company and didnt get the position

But I'm ok, I'm doing all the right things these days and I'm not going to wallow, for these reasons

1.)I was invited to the interview, for a position I didn't apply for, by the company because they saw potential in me that I didn't see in myself
                2.)I was told I did a great interview for this position I didn't feel I was capable of in the first place
                3.)They needed someone to hit the job running and althoughI know I could do that, maybe I's be putting myself under too much pressure when sobriety is my priorty
                4.) I'm up and have applied for 2 more positions already, and kow there is something great waiting for me

From me the best thing is that I have so much more control and awareness of my thinking, if I was drinking now, I would have gone a very miserable thought pattern

Onwards and upwards
                Hi Sugar,

What a brilliant and positive attitude you have. Bravo!

Lav, wow, love your doggy pics! I'm in love with them. Is the pup Matilda? She looks bossy....:H

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

whew, manic Monday! but an unhung Monday at least

Dizzy, to make a very complex subject very short...I agree with Kas on the ethics of photographing obviously disturbing/wrongful types of subjects. personally I don't think I could keep myself from helping even if it got me shot. probably not very wise, but just how I'm built.

so glad you support your local farmers coop. I'm a big supporter of that. think globally and buy/eat locally from farms where you can physically visit, and inspect how and what they feed/fertilize their animals/crops with. if the animals are treated humanely, etc etc.

I'm off to make some kimchee from scratch. it's really not that hard, and it's sooo good!

be well
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

I buy lots of veggies from the Amish farmer down the road when he has them
                    Very inexpensive & I know what he uses for fertilizer :H
                    Enjoy the kimchee Det!!!

G, Matilda is a very good pup so far!
                    She can only be so bossy with the 100+ lb. Maxie & me :H :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello friends!

Great attitude, Sugar! You know some things happen for a reason and I'm sure there is something better than ever waiting for you around the corner.:l

I had a pretty full day which started off giving my hubby a haircut and after the way he was acting all weekend and the screaming match we had Saturday, I seriously considered giving him a haircut GREENEYES STYLE!!!:H

Lav, I saw your pics on FB and I just smiled and smiled at how happy and relaxed you look with your animals and grandkids!!

I'm beat and I still have stuff to do and start supper, but I wanted to post a picture of the cool art I picked up at the greenhouse the other day.

It is called circle of friends, and it is suppose to "dance" in the shadows when you put a candle in the middle! Cool huh?

Well, hubby has the chicken coop ready. I guess I better get some chickies ordered. These are the broilers and no arsenic will be fed to them!!! I might even try my hand at layers after these birds are in the freezer. Might need some help. Lav!

Have a great sober week all!:h Attached files [img]/converted_files/1844179=6773-attachment.jpg[/img]
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Lav, I'm living vicariously through the pictures of your cute dogs! I miss having a dog so much. but I'm really just gone too much to have a pet at this time.

LVT, where do they make these neat art pieces you found? has a cool ethnic visage.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

I think I see myself in that circle of friends LVT
                          Very cool piece indeed!

Det, I am thinking about renting out my big piggy swissy for a week at a time. Everyone should have the experience of living with her for a few days :H (just kidding but I know she would love your cooking)
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                          X