Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday May 3

Good morning, Fabbies,

I am at home sick so I had the time to grind the beans and slow brew the French roast. I also made a yummy omelet with spinach and green onions (all homegrown from a village nearby). Help yourselves. Fresh eggs rock, I get about 6-10 a week, some time, Lav, I?ll have my own chickens.

Hubby helps ? he wanted a grappa last night and asked me where to look for it ( if I had a chance to move all AL out of sight again).

Something must be going right, yesterday the internet company sent me apologies and a new technician who fixed everything a treat. Just in time for my sick day today.

Pap ? Disney on fire ??? I hope that suit is still waiting there for you. Fingers crossed for the 14th.

Big hello for all to come .
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Just a quick fly-in as I'm buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy today.

Thanks Shue(geepooh), you went through all the trouble even though you're sick? Do you also clean your house obsessively? Because mine could do with a clean right now. Just saying

Hello to all to come.

I have to catch up on work as I'm getting panicky I may lose this client if I don't deliver a big chunk of work by tomorrow.

:h:h:h

Comment

Dizzy - advice from someone who meets deadlines (but also wallows in procrastination like no one esle): Turn off your phone, close all 10+ internet pages you're currently on, make yourself a liter of nice tea, sit down on your butt and just DO it ... Once you get swallowed by work there is no room for panic. Every 55 min - take 5 to breath some fresh air ... no more!!!

Now talk to us when you're done. Stress is bad for the AF business.

I'll be making you a nice lunch later, now that I'm home bound.
      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Ahh crap, I just wrote a post there and the internet went down, hate when that happens, so ye'll have to do with a simple morning ollo until I get in the groove to expand again
        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning all!

Feels good to be finally checking in. I've missed this thread! I had put all of our chargers in DH's laptop bag for our open house. I forgot to get them back out and DH happily flew away with them. I've been trying to conserve so my daughter could do homework and so my phone wouldn't die. I couldn't even check in at work as no one was traveling. The nerve! Anyhoo, DH arrived late last night and I'm happy to be feeling fully charged again! I have a lot of reading to catch up on! House still not sold. I'm stressed to the gils but who isn't? On a positive note I'm over 70 days sober.

Dizzy- talk about cleaning obsessively..... I'm so, so sick out cleaning everyday to the point of ridiculousness.I'd offer to clean your place but I'm burned out! I need a wife!!!!! Lol!

Sugar- looks like technology can drive us batty, eh?

Shue-I'm off to fill my mug with your coffee. Feel better!!!!! Rest, rest, rest!

Ok, I'm off to read what you fab peeps have been up to the last few days.
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Quick Good Morning to all!
            Have to leave soon for my blood work at doc's office. Then I can grab a nice latte at a little cafe between office and shop. Have been busy as ever with the unpacking, etc. The owner did come on Tuesday, and after a few moments of "uptightness" she was good. We got ten huge boxes yesterday and who knows what today!!!
            Good news is I was able to hire one of my AA friends! She is the friend who recently returned from the same rehab I went to, and will be perfect for the job!!
            Glad to see everyone is doing well. Also wondering where Blondie is hiding out these days. Probably busy with work, too.
            Pap3, I know that mall you are talking about. Hope it wasn't a major fire!!
            Have a great AF day, all!
            TDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Fabaroos!

TDN, I'm loving your job stories! I'm so glad for you and that's great news about your AA friend! How's Bud getting along? (Bud IS the dog's name right?)

Shue, sounds like your body is demanding some down time.

Famous I hope your house sells, that must be a strain keeping it show-ready.

Sugarbeat... interview? Did that happen?

Dizzybutt ( I absolutely couldn't resist that), glad you're back on track. Crossing fingers about the topa use on your mom.

P3 what a crazy story about the suit! I'd prolly have taken it and mailed them the tags and a check.

Those pics have been stunning - your back yard kas and the dizzy your trees..

I can't remember anything else from yesterday so Hi to everyone.

Off and running. One thing's for sure!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

LOL Greenie!! I would have but my sis had a 20% off coupon if we use her Macy's card!! Can't ignore that!!

Ugh, late to work which means a stop at DD on the way. Need to cut down on that for MANY reasons!!
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hey greenie, nope the right job hasn't found me yet, wrote about it a few days back but I know the right thing will arrive for me at the right time, just have to keepp doing the right things for myself. Thanks for thinkin for me tough, you're awful good
                  "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

shueaddict;1309521 wrote: Dizzy - advice from someone who meets deadlines (but also wallows in procrastination like no one esle): Turn off your phone, close all 10+ internet pages you're currently on, make yourself a liter of nice tea, sit down on your butt and just DO it ... Once you get swallowed by work there is no room for panic. Every 55 min - take 5 to breath some fresh air ... no more!!!

Now talk to us when you're done. Stress is bad for the AF business.

I'll be making you a nice lunch later, now that I'm home bound.
                    :H:H:HI love your humor Shue and your very practical advice!:h
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!
                    :lilheart:

Comment

Wow, Busy Busy thread already.

Good to see all of you fabber abbers so early...Sugarbeat, TDN, DizzyBee, Greenie, Shue, P3, AlmostFamous.

P3. Good luck on your interview!!

Have a great vacation Greenie.
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

Fly by to say good morning!

Watch the grandsons, puppy, Maxie, chickens, etc & going crazy already & it's not even 9 am yet :H

Have a fab AF Thursday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello friends,

Looks like everyone is busy today! Shue, you better just take it easy, ok?

I am busy too. The May panic to get the cemetery ready for Memorial Day has started to set in. I am going to take a couple of hours this morning to do some laundry and tidy the house. I do have a couple of pictures I wanted to share, unfortunately they don't do justice to the beautiful sky after a shower last evening. But this was the view from MY deck. (Pretty hard to compete with Kaslo though!)

Have a great sober day all!:h Attached files [img]/converted_files/1845589=6782-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1845589=6783-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1845589=6784-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1845589=6785-attachment.jpg[/img]
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good morning Fenestral Beatniks of Fabuland. (Bongo drum roll)

Its tough living on the Pacific Rim. I get up at 5 and Im already behind. Cant win.

Shue, dahlink hobe yer code in da head geds bedder sood.

Dizbutt, I know yez can do it. Work itself isnt the problem, ever as you are completley competent. Time however is something we can not control. Therefore, If a = panic situation, and b = deadline, then a+b = stall; where coffee + excuses * deadline extension = wandering around in garden. Shu has the answer to this equation, and its ok to cheat on any of my exams.

Almost I hear you on the cleaning. I have a 21 year old back in the house again, shes on her way to teachers college in the fall and needs a place to stay. I dont like to think about selling because it wud be a frikin nitemare. Why am a riting like a 21 yr old?

Sug, love your attitude. I have been thinking about resigning from this big long term project I have after this year, and moving away and I like your calmness, its about destiny isnt it.

Greenie, you are so cool. That is all.

TDN, you are sounding so great these days. And right on about Blondie, WTF is she?

Pap what is DD? Dunkin Donuts? EGADS Pap...nooooooooooo (can I have one?)

M3, every time i see your avatar I feel like getting in my boat and taking off for a few hours. You are an inspiration to me...

Well my paper got called a data dump by the management. They have 12 management questions in the Terms of Reference, each with at least 5 variables to explore for 10 community types. Thats 12 times 5 times 10. So yeah. Thats a lot of data that has to be analyzed and displayed. Im either going to be out of compliance due to deficiency and failing to deal with all aspects of the project, OR my paper has "too many notes" sayeth Salieri, to Mozart.

Help me Rhonda.

Im going to my College Professional Meetings in Nelson today so planning on seeing some old friends.

Everyone have a grand AF day, and a big hi to all who follow me on this thread.

Kas
                            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Cross post LVT and Lav, hey Lav have a great one. LV THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL. I just love this series its a stunner!!! Thanks for posting these. I love that landscape, it reminds me of the rich southern Manitoba farmland, very beautiful......

kas
                              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X