AF day Sunday 15th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Sunday 15th July

Morning all, how are you?Welcome to part 2 of an af weekend.Up early yet again.Happens quite regular now..since I stopped al, seem to have more interest and energy and less lethargic.Anyone else feel that?Now on day 12.. main thing is not to be complacent,you can quite easily lose sight of what you are doing and get into"look this is easy,I will just have one mode"especially with the sun shining here, which is about as rare as hens teeth!

How are you Shue..did you move at all yesterday when you had the place to yourself?

Sausage well done 143 for you today

TDN you sound pretty busy..but blueberries..mm love them

Hi Lavande how are you doing..my tomatoes arent ready yet got to repot them into bigger pots today

Marshy how long you going to Greece for?will you be back for the Olympics?

Porquoi.. well done on no voddy..keep going..think we are about the same af time scale

Fly wow nearly 5 months well done you sound determined to bin it this time ..good for you

Turn again..nearly 12 months...great that is fantastic effort..soon be party time!!

Papmom hope everything is getting better for you.

Lovely sunny day here, so not going to waste it.Take care and have a great af day everyone

Mick

a
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF day Sunday 15th July

Mick, I just love the vibe off your post, way to go buddy, I love early mornings too, gives me a sense of achievement.

Not this morning ... Last night, when I turned off the lights at midnight we had 30 celsius in the bedroom. This is really rare here, given I live up a mountain. I woke up at 5 feeling cold ... Blisss ... Got the mewing cats in, a blankie and we all slept blisfully till 8:30.

Yesterday I did move off the coach to make gazpacho, yummm. Then a new batch of fresh pesto pasta. I love getting stuff from my garden.

Today is the hottest day of the year, 40 degrees!

Marshy, you'll have a hot time in Paxos. Make sure you don't turn into crispy gyros.

Turn, I am looking in my extensive closet for a special pair of party shoes ...

Pap, how's your dad? How are you holding up?

Kas, how's the mood in the frozen North?
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Sunday 15th July

Mick .... Where's the coffee?

Comment

AF day Sunday 15th July

I have coffee here everyone

Thanks for starting us up Mick!
        Having more energy & desire to do normal things is a wonderful side effect of sobriety - enjoy

Shue, we are stuck in a hot (90+ degrees), humid, cloudy weather pattern
        Hiding inside in the AC gets pretty boring after a while. I love the clean, crisp weather of Fall & can't wait

Not sure yet what I'm doing today but it will be inside - that's for sure
        Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Sunday 15th July

Lavande;1350239 wrote: Shue, we are stuck in a hot (90+ degrees), humid, cloudy weather pattern
          I love the clean, crisp weather of Fall & can't wait
          Ditto

I have the sheets on the clothesline already and have to hustle on to get some gruntwork done in the yard before it gets too unbearable. Fig breaks help Going to a play with a friend this afternoon.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF day Sunday 15th July

hi everyone--
            i'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to post here. i've been reading the past couple of weeks and actually on and off throughout the past year. i never felt as if i could sign on 'cause i knew somewhere in the back of my mind that i wasn't really ready. i've been playing around with trying to moderate and it just doesn't feel good. when i'm very open and honest with myself i know it's not an option. in reviewing my drinking history it's quite clear that drinking is not an option for me. and i feel ready, finally, to take it off the table as an option. i've been trying to meditate each morning and whenever necessary to try and change my way of thinking. to focus on a happy life of sobriety and what that means to me instead of giving so much attention to not being able to drink. i am being careful with my diet and am exercising. and trying to learn to deal with uncomfortable-stressful situations with out the "aid"--NOT! of a drink. also finding ways to occupy myself with all my free time--and endless amounts of energy. that has scared me in the past. so much energy. so much free time. now i'm trying to becreative and disciplined.

i love the posts here. it gives me hope. actually it shows me that it is possible to stay sober and to have a very fulfilling life.
            thank you all for being here,
            LC

Comment

AF day Sunday 15th July

Morning All and :welcome:lifechange.
              Mick - you hit it right on. Complacency. It hasn't been that long (af 17 days) since my af day 1 and all those feelings of quilt, uselessness etc. and the physical sweats, shakes etc. of detox. Never thought I'd get through that day and now that is the one day I never want to forget. I too am waking up early and raring to go. Nice side effect like Lavande said and oh! thanks for the coffee. Have a good one. PQ

Comment

AF day Sunday 15th July

Good Sunday Morning, AFfers. A special hi to Lifechange. I too waited quite a while before posting on here wondering if it was appropriate enough, but I was immediately made to feel welcome. If you know in your heart that moderating isnt working, and you are hoping that an AF life is going to be ok, coming here is good way of finding out, as there are several people on here from time to time who post about a Post AL existence, and its invaluable to know that after some time being outside the influence of alcohol, a whole bunch of positive changes take place for most of us, and in the clear light of sobriety, we realize that we have finally started to actually live well. I hope this makes sense, but all the boundless energy you seem to feel seeping into your life is just the start. THEN you start to take on projects and do stuff, and next thing you know you find yourself .... living well. Feeling good, happy, able to cope, busy, enjoying life, doing the things you started out doing when you were younger, or taking on new things.

Thanks Shueski for starting us, do you have a nice long summer holiday? That would be perfect. Big shout out to Sausage and Mick, (my mother was from Leith) Saucy you are really doing well, you sound like you are coming up for a half a year, which is phenonominal.

Today is a YEAR AND A HALF for me. I cannae believe it. I never in a million years thought that I could do this. But i have. I just made up my mind to quit, I was totally disgusted with myself, and never wanted to go back to wasting all that time, wrecking my health. My thanks go out to a bunch of people on here, MadMans, Mario, Marshy, Lavandre, Greenie, PapMom3, Momof3, DoggyGirl.

Whooo Hoooo!

I should say hi to Turnagain, as well, who has become a real friend, and I miss our chats. I meant to phone you and it never happened as I was busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest back then.

And finally, hello also to Sugar, Fly (way to go Fly, you really have a lot going for you, did you know that?) Uni, TDN and any other folks I have missed.

I have had some issues recently with a certain client whos name wont be mentioned but they dont seem to be able to find their arse with both hands and lost my invoice then went on a holiday, but Im over it

So thats my explanation. But also its been scare here as well. I live in a very mountainous region, and we have had the worst weather in living memory. I dont know if its making it into the news of the world but we there have been so many mountain slides and floods here, and recently there was a slide that took out a few houses in a small village called Johnsons Landing north of Kaslo (for who I am named), and two young women, their father and a german visitor to Canada are missing. Its got the whole mountainous and isolated West Kootenay on edge. Its raining. Still. Again. The river has come up some more. We are hoping they will be found alive.

Love to all on this my year and a half anniversary. Ima stop counting soon. That happens apparently.

k
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF day Sunday 15th July

Well I think I am finally shaking off the gombu I picked up on the airplane on the way home last week. Whew!

Wouldn't it be wonderful to find a way to trade about 20 degrees of temperature with others. I need 20 more...most of you need 20 less. Perfecto!

I'm starting to post some of my Grand Canyon pix on Photobucket. Here's the starter album link for those who are interested:

Grand Canyon 2012 pictures by Turnagaintoo - Photobucket

Here's a shot of Beaver Falls up Havasu Canyon. It was a tough, 'climby' hike up from the Colorado River - maybe 3.5 miles each way full of cliffs and brambles. Well worth the scares and scars. This is the real color of the water. It's spring fed and full of calcium carbonate which also helps form those travertine falls. A little surreal, eh?

I have always found deep solace in the depths of the Canyon and this was even more of a special trip being contentedly sober down there. I feel like I've discovered a whole new part of my brain. It's been amazing to begin exploring again within.

Shue - you said something the other day about finding 'acceptance' in your sobriety. I've been thinking about that a lot. I have often used that word to describe my turning point....but in a way...I think something came before acceptance....and that was a realization of the physiological facts of addiction. I realized that no matter how much I needed (and wanted) to drink that I just couldn't any longer IF I wanted to live. That made it simple in a way. Facts are facts and that is a bedrock principle of my sobriety. Brain doesn't deal right with alcohol. So I am not going to soak brain in that toxin. And it is a toxin to everyone. Not just us who are more apparently or readily sensitive.

Welcome to this part of the forum...Lifechange. It sure helped me a lot to become a part of this community. Like you, I saw people living GREAT lives and it was a huge inspiration in the early days. It's still inspiring. Drinking poison is NOT normal. Living well without it...is! Glad you're here!
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF day Sunday 15th July

Missed saying hello to Porquoi as well. And Greenie, you have a fig tree? Too cool! k JackRABBIT Turn, Beautiful photograph. Is the water really that color?/ thats amazing.
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF day Sunday 15th July

Heya Kas-

I just edited the post to mention the water...I KNEW Miss Science Panties would be curious! It's real. My camera didn't do true justice in capturing the depth of the color. I bought a Panasonic Lumix. Nice zoom 20x and other features for a super point-n-shoot style camera. It has sand in it now, of course, but still works fine other than the auto lens cap is a little cranky about opening all the way.
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF day Sunday 15th July

Well Kas - if I haven't cross posted a bunch here with you. I am so sorry to hear about the awful mudslides and missing folks....
                        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF day Sunday 15th July

Kaaaaaas, so happy to hear from you, even if the news is sh1t. I saw that pic of the river you posted last, man, that must be hard. Well done on a year and a half, hearing how you're chsing down non paying clients sober gives me hope. I spend a good deal doing that each day. The summer is long here but sadly not my holiday since I am not a teacher or professional girlfriend. But I am enjoying it nevertheless.

Turn, I packed in an extra 30' - DHL will be at your door in a couple of days. The pics are amazing. I wanna go toooooo. Maybe next year.

Lifechage, I remember you from other threads, I am also trying to live La vida AF, and thanks to the good folkes here I am finding my way. Never thought it would take this long and everyday I feel I am taking one more layer off the onion. How much more to go ????? Stick around.

Well, I have a garden to water, the sprinkler system is ineffective due to the low water pressure, gotta save my grass.

Have a lovely evening fabbies.

Comment

AF day Sunday 15th July

Quick check in

good to see you starting us off Mick, you are sounding strong.
                            Wow Kas , 1.5 yrs, that's amazing. We have so much rain in our area, there is certainly no summer for us this year but I know there are a lot of people world wide who are experiencing rain and floods a lot worse than here. Sorry to hear the news from your area.

Great pictures Turn Again, I am very interested in your Grand Canyon pics as it is somewhere I would love to visit one day. I love looking at people's photos on here, particularly of areas where they live. I must try and sort out Photo Bucket for myself.

Hi to Lifechage, I occasionally have mod thoughts but I know it doesn't work for me.

Hi to everyone else.

Sausage x
                            Day 143 AF

Comment

AF day Sunday 15th July

Hi all-back from my 2 day seminar in CT for fearful/reactive/aggressive dogs. Very interesting. I think there are some tools I can use, if not for DD, definitely for Mick and LM. I think DD may be a lost cause until I can move out of the city. However, I have some more ideas for keeping him busy inside and out in the yard which hopefully will help with expending energy. We will continue to do agility as he seems to really like it and for some reason is not as fearful at a trial as he is out in the neighborhood on walks. I guess I was hoping for a magic pill but alas, it still doesn't exist!!

Still hot and muggy here. My 2 room ACs are cranking and so far my bedroom (without AC) hasn't been too bad-tolerable. Lav, remember just a couple of short months ago we couldn't wait for summer to come? Now we want fall!! :H No middle ground in the Northeast apparently!!

Dad is doing very well. Talked to him last nite-no pain and feeling pretty good. My sister brought him home this morning and set him up with some ready made meals from Wegmans so he doesn't have to cook and can keep quiet. That won't last for long knowing him! :H

Back to work tomorrow. It's just not fun anymore. Hasn't been for a long time. Really sucks to have to spend half your waking hours doing something you hate but it somewhat pays the bills so off I go.

Turn-gorgeous pic!!

Kas-how horrible about the floods and mudslides and possible loss of life? I haven't heard anything like that from my Aunt so hoping her mountain top is stable for now. She has a small stream that runs through her property. Not really a river near by I don't think. Congrats on 18 months!! you do rock miss science pants!!

Well done, Life, Saucy, Fly, Mick and Porquoi. Anyone I missed? Keep up the great work!!
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X