Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Sunday, August 13

Good morning, Abbers!

Where are you, Mick? I made the French Roast just in case and am enjoying some right now! Not Shue's French Press, but it is pretty good!
    Had a good day yesterday, staying focused on staying AF. Had a couple of issues at work, but asked myself: "How important is this?" Other people can really be inconsiderate, but I don't have to let it affect me. Anyway, have discoered that I do like having a routine, and getting into bed to watch TV, Netflix or read is something I enjoy. Mr TDN is usually in the other toom watching sports, so it's not a problem for him. Watched a couple of episodes of ADDICTED and INTERVENTIOn on Netflix. Helps me stay focused on how horrible this disease is.
    We usually go to chuch on Sundays, but I am walking with a friend and then we are heading out to meet a friend we haven't seen in months and her mom for lunch at a seafood place. That will be nice. Then home to do some laundry and other chores. Weather is still unsettled, with high humidity an chance of rain and storms in the afternoon.
    Need to go back and read all the later posts from yesterday, but I hope everyone had a good AF Saturday!
    Back later!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Good morning Abbers,

TDN, nice to have you waking us up once again
    I sure hope Mick is OK!
    On the topic of inconsiderate people.......
    I have mentally blown off a large handful of those people over the past few years. Some friends, some family & I'm not even talking about my emotionally impaired spouse He's a special case, a one of a kind :H
    I am determined to stay my course, stay focused on my quits, everyone else can basically go to hell :H

The humidity finally left here TDN & went up to your area. I will spend all the time outside I can today!!!!
    Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning TDN, Lav and all to come.

Mick said yesterday that he would be late checking in today so no worries everyone.

Lilly :thanks: for clearing up the scoring for me.

I still let inconsiderate people get under my skin. I guess it's cause I'm totally the opposite. I need to work on my mindset, maybe follow Lav's advice, they can all go to hell.

Have a great AF day everyone. I'll be checking in later to check on Mick. PQ

Comment

***SANDWICH WARNING***

Back to Friday’s thread…
        GREENIE!!! So glad to see your post. I was thinking about you when I posted here Friday. Glad to hear all is well in Greenie land. I hope you will have a chance to give an update and let us know what’s going on at the shop and in life these days, assuming you are still at the shop! And of course I want to know what you are doing in your bathrobe this summer. You have an amazing sixth sense.

LillyE – congrats on 6 weeks AF!!!! It doesn’t matter how long it takes – it matters that you keep trying. I’m really happy for you! I like the “signs of relapse” link.

Do I “deserve” a drink? Now there is a good topic. I guess I used to hate and loath myself enough to think I “deserved” things like:
        • head banging hangovers
        • embarrassment over what I said and did that I did or didn’t remember
        • treating my loved ones like shite
        • hanging with people who treated me like shite
        • destroying my health
        • risking DUIs and all the misery and life altering stuff that comes with it

Today I know that I am a much more worthwhile person than to deserve all that.

(sorry for topic-ing back to Friday! It was too good to pass up!)

G-Man! :h Hope life is treating you well.

Hi YoungAtHeart! It’s good to see you. I look forward to catching up. Ballroom dancing sounds like fun!

Where is P3? I'm thinking of you!!!!

Lav – I’m really glad that YB is trying to get some help for what ails him. I had to laugh at your description of things. There is a guy I’ve gotten to know in AA who always describes the loud POP everyone heard when his head came flying out of his ass! :lol: Good that Curves is still a positive thing for you! I’m trying to decide myself what workout structure I want to set up and commit to for the fall/winter.

Mick – nice to meet you too! Where in England are you living? Have you gotten to experience any of the Olympics?

Where’s Marshy?

TDN – I’m sorry that a relapse must have occurred but I’m VERY glad to see you HERE! I wish you well on your court stuff. An attitude of gratitude is great as is just trying to focus on today rather than the overwhelming bigger picture.

Can’tDoItOnMyOwn – I can’t do it on my own either! That’s a great name. CanToo rocks also LOL! Congrats on 15 (now 16) days! Don’t throw it away on the X. Ask Greenie about maybe giving him a haircut for his wedding. Really. You must ask her about that!!!! :devil:

Shue – have fun at your golf lesson!

Sausage – I’m so glad you are hangin’ in there! Day 170 is awesome. Don’t throw it away.

LVT! So good to *see* you.

Lifechange – hope you had fun at the park!

Porquoi – I need to google your name! These days I really try to focus on working on me rather than noticing the flaws in everyone else. Sometimes it’s hard! Also, I have recognized that I can't change anyone but me. So like Lav - I have let go of a lot of people.

Well, busy day ahead here. Lots of errands to run and I also need to get quite a few organizing type projects done around this house prior to school starting back up in 10 days! How did I ever get anything done when I tried to do it after “one drink to get me motivated???” I’ve actually given a lot of thought to that whole “one drink” mind game. I can’t even remember a single time EVER when I had only one drink. In 30 years. Ugh.

Have a fABulous day one and all!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi everyone

Day 171 today.

Lilly was asking yesterday if I was close to my all time record ( I've always said that when I get past my record - 257 AF days, I would stop counting each individual day and just look forward to the 1 year anniversary). I'm not quite there yet , over 80 ( over 2 months) days to go. Ive been having a lot of moderation thoughts earlier in the week which have been very scary. Last 48 hrs haven't been so bad. Interestingly, I do remember I found it a struggle around the 6 month mark last time. I so don't want to throw everything away, I get really scared by hearing of people who have years of sobriety under their belt and then throw it all away after just one drink and can't stop. So many people I got to know on here both this year and in 2008/09 have suddenely just disappeared without trace, and I do wonder if they are drinking.

Am currently trying to get my daughter to tidy and clear out her bedroom which is bit of a nightmare as she doesn't want to chuck anything out! Later I will watch the closing ceremony of the Olympics. I will really miss the Olympics when they are over as I have really enjoyed following them these last couple of weeks. I am going to follow the Paralympics too when they start at the end of the month.

All for now, take care

Sausage x

Comment

Sausage, keep your mind on staying sober, what is best for you
            btw, I used to hand my kids each a large trash bag a couple of times/year & told them to fill it up with the crap in their rooms OR I WOULD :H :H Worked like a charm

DG, the last we heard from Marshy was her plan to vacate London (and the sewer rats that had been driven out my so much rain) & go to Greece with GF. I imagine they will be back soon

I am trying to find the top of my desk right now - it's here somewhere :H
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Doggy girl, my clear head kept me strong and after a sleepless night I realized I'm OK. P.S. I like the devil in you. Might just have to ask Greenie :H

Had a nice relaxed 5K run this morning then some healthy food shopping. Funny thing is we did it almost 7 minutes faster than a 5K run last March. I like this version of me. Up early on a Sunday morning.... Without a hangover.

Sausage - I cant't wait for you to stop counting. Thank you for staying with us

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.

CanToo
              AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

G'afternoon, subbies!

After a week, I am starting to feel a little more at home here; which is nice.

I blew off dancing last night--just didn't feel like it. I reassured myself that the first time I stopped drinking back in 07, I didn't feel like doing much for several weeks. It is an adjustment to go AF. I have a little ache in my liver (I think); is it weird that I am noticing it now, being AF? Anyway, I'm sure it will resolve in a few weeks. I will have some blood work done later in August to see what the score is.

It sounds like you are doing well, TDN. I like your idea of watching things that focus on the negatives of addiction. It reminds me to pull out some of my books that are memoirs from people in recovery.

Lavande, you're too funny. Do you have any other animals besides chickens? Isn't it nice to have the humidity gone for a bit?

Hi Porquoi! Porquoi is French for why--n'est-ce pas? I hope you have a good AF day.

DG, it is good to see you here too. Feels like old times.

Congrats on 171 days, Sausage. It sounds like you are keeping your goal in front of you at all time. I look forward to seeing you make a year.

Hey, CDIOMO, what is a good nickname for you? Glad to hear you are out there running. It is such a healthy thing to do.

Hi to Mick, LillyE, and others to come later today.

YahYah
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Hi again one and all!

Sausage - if *those* thoughts pop in on you, can you NOT allow them to be "thoughts of moderation?" I don't have those passing thoughts very often any more, but when I do, I do NOT allow a romanticized version of me drinking sit in my mind. Truth is, I don't even WANT one or two drinks. I always wanted to get WASTED. And then of course all the consequences come with that. So if I pass a billboard of people sipping marguritas on a sunny beach, I don't allow my mind to sit with the thought that I could be one of them. I make my mind see what REALLY happens when I drink. I guess that is what *they* mean by "play the tape all the way to the end."

RATS?????? :egad: I was hoping for some wicken incredible "never on camera" Olympic stories. Or Olympian stories. Did you guys hear how many condoms they provide in the Olympic Village?????? :egad::H Must be a whole lotta celebrating going on. :naughtfeet: (mean time, Lav good luck finding your desk!!)

CanToo - it's a VEREE SPESHEEL haircut! :H

Yah - yes a blast from the past indeed! I say take it easy until you feel up to doing more.

Well, I better go before I run out of smilies.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Greetings FABba-Dabba-DOers....

Sweet, strong Doggygirl....I am so very sorry about your dad....it has been a long, sad and trying period of time for all of you. It has to be such a comfort to know you were able to be present for him in these final years. (((((HUGS))))))))

And then - oral surgery! SHUDDER! I had my entire mouth done - it was the WORST surgery I've ever had. And yup - it was all the drinking that trashed out my gums. And you know what? A month after that awful misery - I went back to drinking. I was only going to enjoy a glass or two of wine each night while on vacation in Argentina. HA! By the second day, I was sneaking out to the store while my husband was enjoying siesta to buy my own stash cause I really needed one or two BOTTLES! I am soooooooo GRATEFUL to be FREE of that all-consuming addiction.

Greenie and LVT - great to see ya'll posting over the weekend, too! Boy howdy - have I missed hearing from youses. Now, we need to round up a whole bunch of others who have been AWOL for too long....Det...Sunni....Sid.....Mum2....Marshy...Un i....AFM.....Bear....BlondeAF....Helloooooooooooo?
                    And then we haven't seen too much of some of our other regulars lately...PapMom...KAS....Mom3....Guitarista...

C'mon peeps...drop us a line and let us know how you're doing?

Thrilled to hear about all the great progress this latest crop of friends and fellow freedom fighters are making! Welcome Back Young....

Life in the thawing north is sorta slowing down. We had a few days ALMOST alone between revolving house guests. I get to do some long-neglected chores which actually seems a bit exciting. Bit by bit, I am catching up with all I let drop while I was addicted. It's affirming to see the progress and know that the dark days - make that YEARS - are done. DONE!
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hi everyone, just doing a flyby!

According to the calculator that Turn posted a few weeks ago today is day 176 for me. Sooo close to the 6 month mark! No drinking thoughts at all.

A week ago I went to a bridal shower for a coworker. There were about 10 female coworkers there all together. Me and one other woman were the only 2 not drinking and she wasn't drinking because she was going to the gym after the party. Normally she's a daily drinker. Most women had one or two drinks but there were 2 who drank A LOT, much like I would have in the past. And one of those two became so obnoxious with her non-stop talking that I had to leave. She was giving me a headache. :H

I think my husband still doesn't get it after 6 months and me telling him repeatedly that I'm done drinking. He came up to me the other night and said, "I know you're not drinking but I just opened a really nice bottle of Reisling. Do you want a glass?" Obviously he doesn't "know I'm not drinking." :bang

A funny thing happened a couple nights ago; totally unexpected and I found my reaction interesting. We were having an impromptu cookout at my house with about 15 people. My husband and I were both drinking out of plastic red glasses. I had iced tea and he had beer. He put his glass right in front of me on the counter in the kitchen while I was in a conversation with someone. I picked up his glass and took a big mouthful before I realized it was beer. As soon as it registered in my brain that this was beer in my mouth I spun around and spit the whole mouthful through the air and into the sink about 3 feet away. :H Very classy. I didn't swallow any of it and thought it tasted revolting. Funny because I used to love his strong Belgian beers. Now it's no thank you, not even a little bit.

Comment

Hi you guys. Thanks Turnagain for thinking of me. Im fine as frogs hair. Kayaking, reading, gardening. I have a big stupid thing looming at work, for which I must prepare feverishly. So here I am. Regarding inconsiderate or just plain unpleasant people...I run into these kind of people in my job all the time. Very macho men or woman...? (the women are worse than the men believe me) I used to think it was about me, but lately I think that when people behave like numb nuts, its because they are hurtin' somehow. Im just sayin'.

So DG, how did the councilling course go?

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Fly - WOW!!!!!! You are really racking up the serious AF time. I have been wondering about you , as well...it's great you're fly through with such encouraging news.

Kas...ALWAYS glad to hear what's going on in Southern KAScadia. Another stunning photo. Get a gallery. Really. You won't miss those clients!
                          Sober for the Revolution!
                          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Trying to catch up on the threads. All my running around is giving me a big kick in the ass....I think I caught some sort of bug....but, literally have been sleeping all day....and I went to bed early last night.

Just did not want anyone to think I died or worse....drank

Comment

Quick check in,

Yo Fabber's!

All very good here thanks Turnip. Great to see you, and i love reading your posts.

Great to see you too DG! :h And hugs for you my friend :l:l:l

You're rockin' it Flyaway. Bravo!

Watching the closing ceremony Olympic games. Geez, the Who are on....cool!

Take care y'all.

G-bloke. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X