Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Monday 4 March

MAE wonderful people!
    See Patrice - thats really why we check in daily - where else are a bunch of strangers going to say glorious thing about you while you are still in your pjs or knackered after work.

Hope PPQP and CanToo are snug as bugs - still getting snow storms! Starting to get a wee bit chilly in the morning here but with temps predicted of around 22 celsius I can't complain.

Congrats Mick on 8 Months!!!!:clapclap: Thats wonderful and an inspiration to those behind you. You can take a day off from the jokes today! And its your wife's birthday. Have a great day.

Yep SL - PPQP is right - we can't blame everything on the bottle. We also can't blame all our past mistakes/silliness on the bottle either. Reminds me of how I was once at an AA meeting and this guy got up and talked about how he had been an alkie since he was 2 years old and that had determined his life. I had a few problems with swallowing that analysis of memory and causation... (I know the AA way is to listen and accept and it was his story not mine)

Anyway I for one am still silly and I suspect there are a few with me on that one. Cue to last Saturday night - me preparing dinner and dancing to Santana at the same time - daughter's eyes roll but at least she wasn't thinking Mum's dancing cos she trashed.

OK - I had better get the breakfast shift on (no dancing yet as morning is news time for me) and then face a morning of meetings. You all take care and big hugs to those I haven't mentioned yet - Lavande, SF, Det, Blondie, Kuya, and all you other silly sober people! :H

af day Monday 4 March

Happy Labor Day to everyone in WA (which is moi!)

TT - haven't quite got to the sober dancing yet (which is a relief!), but I can listen to music now without thinking of drinking!

How's the snow storm, PPQ and CanToo?

SL - the sinkholes are frightening; glad you weren't at work!

Hi Mick, Lav, Kuya, SF, Patrice, Det, et al.

We had some rain this morning which is wonderful - never thought I'd be loving the rain so much (but then, we don't get so much!).

Sounds as though we have a rat in the loft, so have to get the pest control people in (or throw my terrier up there :H)

Have a fun day!

Comment

af day Monday 4 March

Morning all ...manic muppetry on this Monday morning! Wifes birthday today.....daughter is home..so guess what a day of shopping in Manchester, then a meal...dont mind part 2 but part one ..oh no.Already made some plans for that bit!
      Well how is everyone today?Holiday time for some folks down under..does all of Oz get a holiday or is it regionalised?

Affers TT you should be finished work by now ..(if you were),so now you should be at home jumping about to Carlos!

Happy holiday too blondie..what have you been up to ? apart from terrier throwing :H need to get rid of the rat pretty quick ..otherwise you might end up with a house full!!

Morning SF...yep I will volunteer to be the dummy for demo purposes only!My back and neck are really aching after being out yesterday

how are you feeling?as it the flu that you got...or just that general cba feeling at the party?

Hi Patrice ..hope you are ok...think its a good thing to check in daily ..even to say hi/bye.The number of people that I have seen leave and then come back after drinking even in my short time is pretty unreal.I think knowing you have to come on here and also doing so ,gives you a sense of focus.

Morning Lav, how are you today? big coffee for you.What did you get up to yesterday? ..take it all the furniture shifting has finished? time to get into the garden then?(get some of those orchids grown!Any plans for today?have a good one

Morning ppqp..senior member now Well the week from hell is behind you now..and its also March ,so hopefully this will be a finisher for you fingers crossed.So what did you end up doing yesterday? anything ? or lazy day syndrome?Hve you been snowed in ? or is it just flurries?

Evening Kuya? how are you ?still working? time for the pool maybe or is it too cold? Things looking any brighter for you? hope so.Fingers crossed ..keep your chin up. :l

Hiya SL..jeez was just reading about those sink holes..One guy was lying in bed and the next minute gone..ground opened up and that was it.Hope it all works out for you

Hiya Catbuddy..you ok?Glad you had a good weekend..all well on the :h side?

Right peeps thats me ..off shopping in Manchester..(actually I aint they can Im going to the museum,and meet up afterwards...for some strange reason trogging round shops looking at make up etc doesnt really turn my spokes!!

Big thanks to all who wished me well at 8 months...for anyone out there thinking about quitting..go for it,its worth it!!!!

Take care all have a good day
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Monday 4 March

Hi all,

Here is my quick check in. Mick sorry I missed your 8 months.. huge Congrats!!
        Today I am 50, sober and feeling like everything is as it should be.
        Back tomorrow
        x
        Patrice

Comment

af day Monday 4 March

Happy birthday Patrice........may there be many more :h

MAE Abbers, nursing a dog bite wound to my wrist, fecking huge Rottweiler snapped for no reason........they are a moody and unpredictable breed and bad with the wrong owners. It's only my fourth bite in 32 years but, man, it hurts.
          Put a suture in myself, much to my daughter's horror.......not willing to sit in A&E for four hours for something I could do in twenty seconds.

Luckily I have no surgery tomorrow and my son will pick up my daughter in the morning. Bloody annoying :upset:

Comment

af day Monday 4 March

Happy Hawaii Patrice...(the big five oh)..hope you have a great day

Hiya Kuya...great to see you..........good job on the sowing...any chance you could hem my trousers up too? :H:H
            Anyway glad to see youre back...no not your back..but you are back! :H:H)HAND
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Monday 4 March

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATRICE:bday2:

Comment

af day Monday 4 March

Good morning Abbers!

Greetings to TT, blondie & Mick!

Happy birthday to Patrice!
                The big 5-0 & you are facing it sober - good for you

Kuya, so sorry about the dog bite! I'll bet that does hurt like hell
                Hope you heal quicly:l

Well, the kids are moved into their new place & I'm happy for them. I had a lot of fun with my grandaughter this weekend. She's every bit as energetic as my grandsons but not nearly as destructive :H
                I need to get myself back into my routine now. There will be no gardening time for me this week - apparently there is a huge storm moving across the country & due to arrive here Wednesday. Rain & snow, ugh.

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Monday 4 March

Morning all - and afternoon, evening to the rest
                  TT - love Santana! Took the girls to a concert a couple years ago and they are converts too.
                  Made it thru the weekend, was asked to work from home today as we are trying to cram two offices into one, so happy not to be there. Sun was out this weekend, but we get teh storm too mid week - and it is cooling down already - this teasing of soem wamr and sun, tehn back to cold is not making me happy
                  Patrice, I did that turn of the decade last year - I almost said 6 mos ago, but see it is almost a year ago - time flies!
                  Oh, I am sure you could enjoy the shopping Mick! It is just the wallet opening that scares a good scotsman! PS - sorry I missed it yesterday but well done on the 8 mos.
                  Have a good Monday all, and a good start for Tuesday to those who are leading the way!
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Monday 4 March

Happy Birthday Patrice!

And Congratulations Mick! Well Done!

Survived the slumber party this weekend :-) it was really a lovely time not having to worry about "should I drink, I need a drink, how much can I drink without a hangover?". God, I do not want to return to those days. We had a family birthday dinner at this pizza place last night. My husband was the only one drinking. He completely over did it last night. I'm usually ok with his drinking but it pissed me off last night. Have a couple and go to bed. But, you do not need two bottles of wine to celebrate your daughters eighth birthday, for Gods sake! I'm still pissed.

Have a great day everyone! I'm on my phone so it's not easy to scroll up to list everyone personally!

Comment

af day Monday 4 March

Warmest greetings to all you FabAbbers!

Happy birthday Patrice!

Congratulations on 8 mths AF Mick. What a cool gift to yourself and your Missus on her b'day. Happy birthday Mrs M!

Great to see you KY. I just need a patch put on me jeans. Should only take you 20 seconds. Can i send them over? Hope you're okay there.

Wishing everyone a safe, silly, happy, sober, and maaaagical day.

G bloke. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

af day Monday 4 March

Eyop! HAPPY BUFFDAY PATRICE!

Hope all you fab abbers are well!

Comment

af day Monday 4 March

MAE ALL....

Happy Birthday Patrice. Hope you have a great day.

Snowed in all day yesterday and out to find a flat tire when I went to leave for work. this morning.

Home early to curl up on the couch and try get rid of the rest of this cold.

Appologies for not naming names but my eyes are burning and it hurts to read.

See you all on the morrow....PPQP

Comment

af day Monday 4 March

totally frayed nerves here and stressed bigtime. gotta bail a friend out of jail and dunno what he's in for, but one thing I know is bail cost me 9 grand. owie! trying to keep my sh*t together best I can.

Patrice, huppy birfdy to you!

back later, gotta go to the jail and process paperwork. ugh.

be well
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Monday 4 March

Patrice, what a wonderful day to be sober!:bday3:

Det, please don't lose track of yourself while helping him!

Cat
                              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X