af day Mon 22 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Mon 22 April

morning all...the wanderer returns!!and here I am? how are you all?Altho not being posting, I have peeked in now and again..Couple of reasons why I decided to take some time out...firstly I have got some personal issues to sort out that are really bugging me..not life threatening or anything like that, but def do need addressing one way or the other,so needed some time out for thinking.....
    Secondly and for me which was more important...was the goigs on over the hippy /Evie scenario..this isnt going to be a long drawn out tirade, but I just want to say how I felt.
    Firstly I have no knowledge of this lady or her past with the abusive comments being banned etc,secondly I appreciate this thread is based around trust and honesty ..both to yourself and others,which may have raised an issue of culpability in terms of her position...but this person was asking for help to stop drinking, which I thought was the whole ethos behind this sites existance

....and was met by a "stone the infidel"mentality... even by people who did not know her or anything about her!!As I said to someone else..have any of us never been guilty of doing something not quite as per rote?..and then some of the self same people did a 360 in attitude saying they hoped she would come back!!!!Personally speaking I hope she makes it ..has and will have my support wherever she is
    I honestly had to do some deep searching to consider if I wanted to be part of this...the one big thing that swung it for me was I got a message from someone asking if I was ok and that I had helped them and did still do so..that for me is what it is all about..that one person..and you know who you are with your pm far outweighed all the negative crap...so thank you for what you did

Right sermon over tea and coffee on the go..still keeping the weight off and swimming..11st 5 ..I am at goal weight so just got to maintain it now!!
    Been busy with plants too..the house is jammed with them waiting to go out!!

Morning TT how are you?take it you are now settled back in at home? did you take any supplies back with you..ie things you get here but cant there?hope you enjoyed yourself..oh and the weather!!

Morning Lav...and how are you?See you have been making the coffee now and again? heres one for you...Might drop by for one at yours sometime!!Hows the little man doing? ok hope..Helped my mate last week..he has just built a henhouse...got a dozen hens from the rescue!!think he is also getting some bantams..I did consider the idea,but the garden is a wee bit small..have a great day

morning ppqp..and how are you? Snow whats that?I have a friend who I was in the army with.He is a trucker who lives in Calgary so sort of keeps me up to date with things
    hows the garden project going?Just looking at my garden..thinking of changing things round a wee bit..anyway you have a great day...oops heres a coffee

Yah ..yep cest moi ..tis I ..apb cancelled! how are you?Success with the house? well done on all the hard work...but wheres the piccies?we need to see your work to applaud you :goodjob. Somehow dont think my idea of chilling would be costco!!but have a great day

Morning Det..how are you ? kept a we eye on you ..you are doing well my friend..and yes you can do it this week too mate..well done

Morning Pauly..and how are you? what have you been up to apart from getting ready to laze about in your pool...eeeeh looxoory!!!Yeh wheres the pics?(no dodgy ones :H)

Morning kuya..and how are you?Sort of getting round mt issues..if you need help you know where I am mate.17th May go to the hozzy for a pre -op assessment on my arm..Ive been told wont be able to use my left arm for about 6-8 weeks ..and I am left handed too!!!ok ok, no dodgy comments from you either :H Seriously tho you know where I am if you need an ear..as for the self worth issues..wanna borrow my t shirt ? been there got it!!so pen to paper its your turn !!

Right peeps time to go..noticed there are quite a few no shows nowadays..wonder what happened to them all???take care and have a great day

heres a few of the plant in the dining room..madam is really impressed!!!!got double that amount in sunlit areas all over the house...its like a bleedin cannabis for...but for any non gardening cops on here ..those are tomatoes!!!!:H

President Obama gets off a helicopter in front of the White House while carrying two piglets. A Marine guard salutes and says, "Nice pigs, sir."
    The president replies, "These are not pigs. They're authentic Arkansas razorback hogs. I got one for Secretary of State Clinton and one for Speaker of the House Pelosi."
    The marine says, "Excellent trade, sir."

One Saturday afternoon, a man was sitting in his lawn chair drinking a beer and watching his wife mow the lawn.

A female neighbor happened to be walking by and was so outraged at this that she ran over and shouted at the man, “You should be hung!”

“I am,” he calmly replied. “Why do you think she cuts the grass?”

A little old lady in a nursing home raises her fist and says, “Whoever can guess what’s in my hand can have sex with me tonight.”

A little old man in the back of the room yells, “An elephant.”

The old lady says, “Close enough.”

Four surgeons were taking a coffee break and were discussing their work.
    The first said, “I think accountants are the easiest to operate on. You open them up and everything inside is numbered.”
    The second said, “I think librarians are the easiest to operate on. You open them up and everything inside is in alphabetical order.”
    The third said, “I like to operate on electricians. You open them up and everything inside is color-coded.”
    The fourth one said, “I like to operate on lawyers. They’re heartless, spineless, gutless, and their heads and their ass are interchangeable.”

Two guys were stranded on a deserted island for over 20 years. One day, one finds a bottle and a genie comes out. I will grant each of you only one wish.

The first guys immediately asks to go back home and poof, he’s gone.

The seconds thinks for a minute then says to the genie, “You know I’m gonna miss him, can you bring him back?”

Bud and Jim were a couple of drinking buddies who worked as airplane mechanics in Atlanta. One day the airport was fogged in and they were stuck in the hangar with nothing to do. Bud realizes, “Man, I wish we had something to drink!”

“Me too.” replies Jim, “Y’know, I’ve heard you can drink jet fuel and get a buzz. You wanna try it?”

So they pour themselves a couple of glasses of high octane hooch and get completely smashed. The next morning Bud wakes up and is surprised at how good he feels. In fact he feels great. No hangover. No bad side effects…Nothing!

Then the phone rings and it’s Jim. “Hey, how do you feel this morning?” he asks.

“I feel great.” says Bub. “How about you?”

“I feel great too.” Jim responds, “I don’t even have a hangover, we ought to do this more often.”

“Yeah, well there’s just one thing…Have you farted yet?”

“No…”

“Well, don’t, ’cause I’m in Phoenix!”

A cop pulls over a ditzy looking blonde driving a convertible and asks to see her license.

“What’s that?” she asks.

He explains that it’s the card proving she knows how to drive.

“Oh, I have one of those,” she says.

After checking her information in the squad car, the cop says, “I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to give you a ticket.”

“What’s a ticket?” she asks.

The cop thinks about it, looks both ways, and pulls out his d*ck.

The girl slumps in her seat and says, “Oh, no. Not another Breathalyzer.”

Three old men are at a health institute for a memory test.

“What’s three times three?” the doctor asks the first old man.

“Two seventy-four,” he replies.

“What’s three times three?” the doctor asks the second old man.

“Tuesday,” he replies.

The doctor figures he’s in for a long morning. He turns to the third old man and asks, “OK, your turn. What’s three times three?”

“Nine,” he replies.

“Yes!” exclaims the doctor. “How did you get that?”

“Easy, Doc. I just subtracted 274 from Tuesday.”
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Mon 22 April

Good to see you Mick - I already started today's thread - so we have two going!

Comment

af day Mon 22 April

oh well 2 for the price of one!!!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Mon 22 April

yeah but I am sticking to just one avatar and on-line identity for MWO!

Comment

af day Mon 22 April

Welcome home Mick

The jokes and the coffee are still up to your usual standard ! I loved the three times three joke! :H

Hi TT ...... Where are you now? I have lost track of your wanderings.

After the chats yesterday ( today for me) I have resolved to do some therapy for my self sabotaging behaviour. I know where they are from but need to work out how to release them. It will be cathartic and now I have made the decision I am looking forward to it. Things will probably get messy for a while but hey ho ......them's the breaks.

Now to find a decent therapist.

Comment

af day Mon 22 April

Good morning Abbers!

Welcome back Mick
            Glad you are OK. Very nice tomato plants there. I haven't even started any plants for my garden. I think my garden is going to be very small this year. The last few summers have been so hot, gardening was difficult for me. I'll keep the Amish farmer in business this summer & just go buy his veggies.
            My youngest grandson is doing very well, thanks for asking. He is finally seeing a neurologist tomorrow but all test results have been negative. He's back up on his feet, walking, climbing & just being a 2 year old again, thank goodness!
            I hope your friend enjoys the hens. I've never had bantams, I imagine they are cute
            My hens are huge, look like small dogs :H

Greetings TT, kuya, YahYah, PQ & everyone. I hope you have a wonderful AF Monday.
            I am so NOT thrilled to be seeing an oral surgeon this afternoon to have my last wisdom tooth extracted, damn

Have a great day one & all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Mon 22 April

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking off Thread #1 and thanks for the coffee. The AA meeting was just what I needed. Yup, just being there makes sense. We talked about commitment and I took a lot away from what I heard. I've missed a few meetings due to sickness or work meetings so needed to get back on the right road and reaffirm my commitment.
              Glad you were able to talk, cry, hug and cuddle things out with your daughter. Pre-teen over, teen time now, and then adulthood will bring yet again another difference. Life goes on but it does sound like you two have a good relationship. Easy does it.

Mick...thanks for kicking off Thread #2 and thanks for the coffee, I've already finished TT's. I think we all need a time out from time to time. Hope you get your personal issues sorted soon and remember we're here if you'd like some input. I'm sooo glad you're back as you are my anchor and I felt a little lost, but all's right in my world again. :l
              Hope the pre-op assessment goes without a hitch. You'll be ok, the hunt & peck (typing) with your right hand is doable, may just take you a lot longer to get those jokes out. :H
              I have a feeling Mrs Mick puts up with the flood of seedlings every spring. I am definetly envious, but construction of the garden starts on May 11th so I won't be far behind you.

KY
              ...what a change in attitude, it looks good on you. Thanks for sharing yesterday as I got a lot out of the responses to you as well. I've bookmarked Lav's Radical Forgiveness site and plan on putting that tool to good use. Remember no pain no gain. We're here to help you over the rough spots if you need it.

Lav
              ...I feel your pain and angst. I've never had a wisdom tooth pulled and am very grateful for that. Me and dentists just don't get along. I've started using a dentist that puts me under for the work, so I save it all up and get it done all at once. I do get lectured about not coming in for regular cleanings but hey, if he wants to put me out for it I'll come. :angel:"PPPP"
              :angel: tuck some of these in your back pocket.

Started to feel a little anxious last night about the garden implementation and some other duties layed on me over the weekend. Everytime I could feel my breathing get really shallow I told myself "whatever will be will be" and that seemed to help. I'm only human and as long as I'm giving it my best I will be content with the outcomes.
              Off to get cup #3 and read Mick's jokes. (Ahh, routine!) Have a great AF Monday all and all to come.....PPQP

Comment

af day Mon 22 April

Morning all! So glad to have you back Mick. Have a fab day everyone!
                :notes:
                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Mon 22 April

:hallo: Nurdl....you have a fab day as well....PPQP

Comment

af day Mon 22 April

PPQ.....it is not really a change but a progression. I have done intensive therapy and believe that only so much can be rearranged at any particular time. Doing more work sober, to deal with self worth, is the next step.
                    I looked into the radical forgiveness but the religious slant was off putting. I prefer the F2F as I value the human validation.

Comment

af day Mon 22 April

MAE All!

Mick, so glad to have you back! I can understand your needing to take a break for a bit. It is hard to see when others don't want to give someone another chance and doesn't reflect well on MWO as a whole. On the other hand, there are some members who have been extremely destructive on the board when drinking, and I can also understand that it is hard for others to trust again. That is why I like to stick to abs and subs. I have friendships and trust here, and generally, we are spared some of the larger dramas that can boil up elsewhere. I need MWO, and I take care to protect myself from the excesses that can occur on an internet forum. I am glad you are back, my friend! I am also extremely envious of all your beautiful tomatoes, and congrats on reaching your weight loss goal!

Kuya, good on you for deciding to seek some therapy. I am sure you will make good use of the F2F time. I do believe that seeing ourselves as deserving will help to bring good things our way, and it takes work to develop that mindset. Really, why would someone who thinks well of themselves and believes themselves to be capable sink into an alcoholic mire? This is something I will be working on in my therapy too.

Lav, I hope your wisdom tooth extraction goes well. Will you get any good "legal" drugs for the pain? I'm glad your grandson is recovering well. What an ordeal that was for the poor tyke and his parents (and you, too)!

PPQP, keep those deep breaths coming! Think of all the P's you have sent out into the world and imagine them coming back to you and bringing you peace.

Hi nurdl! Have a fab day, honey!

Hello and a wonderful day to everyone yet to come! Where is Cantoo?

Have I mentioned how nice it is NOT to be thinking overmuch about the house in PA? It's heaven!

:l
                      YahYah
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Mon 22 April

MAE, abbers.

Welcome back, Mick. I certainly missed you. In my six months here, I've seen a lot of dramas. I'm staying put, regardless, so long as I can find friendship and good advice. The other routes for support - meetings, therapy - are much harder to make happen with my schedule. So I for one thank you for putting aside your frustrations, and hope we all continue on with an eye toward our goals.

Now, I am so jealous and chagrined by your beautiful plants. I am behind, but will put in a modest garden soon. You are inspiring!

I spent most of my weekend on baseball, between games and practices that I volunteered to lead. I feel good about that as now is when my son loves the sport; who knows when that may fade. On the other hand, I decided to embrace my joy that I have to pass down to him - cooking. He had his first cooking lesson this weekend - pancakes. Next lesson is soups (his idea). I am loving the idea that I can pass on my skills and knowledge, and stop feeling inadequate that I can't correct his baseball throw. It is what it is. Active parenting, and having a smile and joy to share with him, that's got to matter more.

I hope everyone has a great start to the week.

:l and :h

Cat
                        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Mon 22 April

ahoy peeps and peeparooooos!

here at the tradeshow and the attendees have been woofing down the booze since lunch. yeesh!
                          none for me happy to say.

Mick, good to see you mate!

Lav, a buddy of mine tried to extract his own molar with plyers and broke the tooth into 4 parts. long story short he woke up in the ER. dumbass!

Kuya, even with the higher power entanglement I'm really enjoying the AA group I'm seeing when I'm home in Reno. it's worth a shot! some meetings are way better than others.

well, off to deal with drunk people.... joy

be well
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Mon 22 April

I am definitely no dumbass Det :H
                            I'd give myself a damn heart attack doing something like that!
                            I found myself a very decent lady oral surgeon & it went vey well I am happy to report
                            That was my last wisdom tooth - kept it all these years but it was time to let it go.

I was kind of expecting a Rx for Tylenol with codeine or something but instead was told to just take 600 mg of Ibuprofin every 6 hrs as needed. The sutures are self-dissolving so I don't have to go back - yay.

Kuya, learning to trust myself again was a very hard thing to do after years of messing up but it's completely possible. I just remember feeling so damn tired of disappointing myself over & over before finding MWO. I started reading around the threads & 'seeing' other people doing what I knew I needed to do. I finally found the motivation & the support of a great group of people here, exactly what I needed. We all have different needs & you know yourself best

Mick, did you see the picture I posted last week of my 4 1/2 yr old grandson holding one of me hens? She's almost as big as he is :H
                            I think I may get a few bantams, just to see what they're like!

PQ, getting to the dentist has become important to me. I go twice/year for cleanings & I don't need any anesthesia :H We'll have to talk!!!

Greetings to nurdl, Cat & anyone I have missed.
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Mon 22 April

Determinator;1495749 wrote: ahoy peeps and peeparooooos!

here at the tradeshow and the attendees have been woofing down the booze since lunch. yeesh!
                              none for me happy to say.

Mick, good to see you mate!

Lav, a buddy of mine tried to extract his own molar with plyers and broke the tooth into 4 parts. long story short he woke up in the ER. dumbass!

Kuya, even with the higher power entanglement I'm really enjoying the AA group I'm seeing when I'm home in Reno. it's worth a shot! some meetings are way better than others.

well, off to deal with drunk people.... joy

be well
                              I don't have a problem about people who have faith in a group setting, only when a philosophy is based on that belief.....it is a non starter for me.
                              That is why MWO works for me....it is patently obvious that faith is NOT required.
                              One of my two dearest friends here has faith in god, it is hers and personal, mine is mine and personal. I just cannot get my head around a principal of healing that assumes god.

Similar to rational forgiveness is Journey work by Brandon Bays.......I have done journey work with a counsellor here and found total forgiveness for my violent ex partner. I have spoken with this man, after twenty years of anger and venom, and he gave me heartfelt apologies and I truly forgave him. My mother is still alive, now suffering dementia, but was unrepentant when last lucid ( in spite of claiming to be a 'religious' woman ) therefore forgiving my mother for my abandonment may take more than a couple hours. It is this abandonment that lies at the core of my being.

Comment

Working...
                              X