af Sun 7 July - the official thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAE all - I tried to delete the thread I started with the rude abbreviation in it but don't know how to delete a thread.I was very annoyed as I had written a long post and then it disappeared.
    So this is the official one. Thanks Witt's End for responding.

All good here but I am not inspired to write after loosing that post early this morning:sulk:

Hi Treetops and MAE all.

I'm afraid it's late here, so I won't be writing a long post to replace yours. But how about a gratitude one?

In the last few days, as I've found time and space again for myself to return to MWO, I am reminded how fragile recovery can be, how dangerous reawakening the AL paths can be, how people do lose themselves again, how my sister experienced this path, and how massively important the community of like-experienced people is. Oh my God. You are all crucial to my recovery. I am so grateful I was reminded of that, just by reading.

Lav, I keep forgetting that inflammation may indeed be a source of chronic pain. I need to ACT not READ more on this.

Happy Sunday.

Cat
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Morning TT and Catbuddy.

Lots to be grateful for here as well today - had fun at team party and I left before the celebrations got messy. Feeling good today - a day of pottering in the garden and cleaning house and a gym sesh too.

I agree that action is the way forward - living too much in my head and ruminating is why I have issues with anxiety,depression, leads me to act on urges to drink. I have read enough I think for now about alcohol, depression,low self esteem, stress and anxiety etc etc..

I have two days off before I am due back at work, I don't have the dread that I used to have in my old job. Obviously I would rather be on holiday but that isn't possible all the time and is what makes a holiday a holiday. I'm grateful for a job that has paid holidays, work that I enjoy and to be working with nice people.

Happy Sunday to everyone.
      one day at a time

Comment

morning all...sunday..on p hone its rubbish hope all is well,getting burnt to bits 24 degs
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Night night all. Hope you all have a great day. Drink lots of iced water Mick.
          I need my beauty :H:H sleep and a brain recharge

Comment

Hello Abbers,

TT, so sorry for the irritation of losing a long post. Irritation is not a good way to start the day. Hopefully that is the last irritation for you for the rest of the day!!

I miss Kuya. I wish she would pop back in. But, if the dialogs about religion are such a trigger for her, I understand her need to stay away. I do believe us alkies need to avoid anger and resentments as they say in AA. Nonetheless, Kuya, if you lurk, please know you are missed and we all care.

Cat, Great post. Yes, sobriety is precious. We must guard it carefully and be grateful for the community here and elsewhere of others like us who helped us and help us stay mindful of our sobriety. I, too, am grateful for MWO and this thread.

Mick, I read on the Undies thread that someone was freezing at 24 degrees, you say you are burning up at 24 degrees. I sit at dawn here in the deep south of the USA at a very damp 20.5 degrees. That means that in the UK, Australia and my part of the USA, we are all very close in temperatures. Not sure why that strikes me as interesting, but it does.

Actually, this is very cool for us at this time of year. Our trees and grass are all still lush from all the rains and the cool temps. Usually we are dry and the leaves are all starting to wilt. The cotton and corn crops are looking very green in the valleys. I wonder if July and August will stay a bit cooler for us and let the farmers have a good crop by the end of summer.

The only down side is that I have only been able to swim a couple of times so far this year. I would like it to go into the 80s (26 or more) and stay there for a little while.

Bear, You have the name of a dear friend here in MWO that struggled mightily with his alcoholism. After two years of sobriety, he was killed on his motorcycle by a drunk driver. We miss him very much. One thing he always said to those of us still struggling was, "Never give up trying to give up." While your drinking is no where near as bad as mine or his was, I have seen it is a progressive disease. My prayer for you is that you continue to try to give up and you manage to get out of this nightmare before it does any serious damage to you spiritually or physically. All of us here are more than willing to help you in anyway we can. You are always welcome here and we will be here for you.

Waves to all other Abbers. Sunday is supposed to be the start of the week but I always view it as the end. I hope all have a calm, serene and pleasant Sunday.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

MAE ALL...

TT...hope you're well into your beauty and brain recharge sleep. It sucks when the "Posting Pirate" strikes. I can hear the frustration and totally understand it as it's happened to the best of us...eh Mick? Glad everything's still ok though, good job.

CB...what a great gratitude post. IMO the fragility of recovery strengthens over time but will never completely leave us.

Bear...enjoy the rest of your time off dread free. You are sounding so much more relaxed these days and I'm glad the new job is working out for you.

Mick...here's an iced coffee for you, and keep that hat on your noggin.

Cindi...Sunday is the end of the week for me too. Time to wind down and reflect on how I handled myself during the week. This past week found me very impatient and judgmental. I think a lot of it was brought on with my Dad scare and all the destruction caused by the flooding. It's in your face 24/7 right now and can be emotionally draining. Mental health professionals are now going door to door checking on people. They're worried about how people are coping now that the immediate threats are over. It kind of reminds me of the complacency that can set in after a bit of AF time. There's that fragility.

Not sure what my day is going to bring. Checked on the gardens yesterday and all is ok there. Toying with the idea of buying a dresser today and doing some reorganizing in the house. Unless the sun comes out then I want to be outdoors as I am grateful for "rainless" days when then come.

Have a great AF Sunday all and :hallo: to all I haven't mentioned by name and those who may be lurking....PPQP

Comment

Happy Sunday to all, what a lovely thread this is. For me it is AF (second day) this forum has been great so far. Also like the way we are all in different countries, I'm in London.
                New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

:welcome: Darkest Diamond...well that won't do so it's DD from now on. :H We are definitely all different yet all the same.

If you haven't already check out https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html and the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for some great support and resources for your plan.

Yes this is a lovely thread, thanks for saying so, and you're more than welcome to join us on our journeys. You sound pretty strong for day 2 and I look forward to getting to know you better.....PPQP

Comment

DD welcome

Cinders - thank you for a lovely post. I'm so sorry to hear about BikerBear - wise words.

PQ - yep life is definitely better here/my head is better - still sweated the small stuff tho about a broken hoover!
                    one day at a time

Comment

Welcome, DD! You do sound great for Day 2. It took me several months to find this thread! We have a great diverse community in MWO, and you get to find your own sandbox. I also love that we come from different countries, although the massive representation of certain cultures is interesting (genetic lines to AL vulnerability?). My heritage includes a lot of Irish and Welsh. Is that where my sugar sensitivity originates? Which started my brain pathways on the road to AL sensitivity?

An accupunturist, who did not know about my AL issues but was treating me for injuries, prescribed some supplements to aid sugar metabolism. She told me she took them every time she ate carbohydrates. She said "my ancestors drank their way through life, and I never had a chance." She said it with humor and did not make any implications, but that comment stuck with me.

My boyfriend is French (from Northern France, born and bred). He has NO issues with sugar, AL, is happy, not prone to anxiety or depression. Interesting how his dietary profile and mental/emotional profile are consistent with no sugar or serotonin issues. PPQ
                      , I was reading your thoughts about being anxious and judgemental. I think I share those tendencies, and another gift of sobriety is we are so much more self aware and equipped with tackling our issues. I expect I will always have to strive for the emotional balance that comes naturally to others. And that's okay..

Cat
                      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Catbuddy;1529388 wrote: An accupunturist, who did not know about my AL issues but was treating me for injuries, prescribed some supplements to aid sugar metabolism. She told me she took them every time she ate carbohydrates. She said "my ancestors drank their way through life, and I never had a chance." She said it with humor and did not make any implications, but that comment stuck with me.
                        Cat
                        Cat, I am working on some serious sugar/carb issues right now. Can you share the supplements? My doctors are stymied by my wildly fluctuating blood sugar levels and wildly fluctuating blood pressure. Some days I am so dizzy, I am barely walk.

Thanks,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Yes, CB, I'd certainly be interested in knowing about those too.

Welcome, DD! We have a fine group of peeps here, if I may say so. Monthly abs has been an integral part of my getting and staying sober.

:welcome:

Hugs to everyone. Going to try to have a productive day.

:l
                          YahYah
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

bear73;1529387 wrote: PQ - yep life is definitely better here/my head is better - still sweated the small stuff tho about a broken hoover!:H:H

Catbuddy;1529388 wrote: PPQ, I was reading your thoughts about being anxious and judgemental. I think I share those tendencies, and another gift of sobriety is we are so much more self aware and equipped with tackling our issues. I expect I will always have to strive for the emotional balance that comes naturally to others. And that's okay..And when we are struggling with tackling them we come here to MWO :h

Cinders;1529408 wrote:
                            Cat, I am working on some serious sugar/carb issues right now. Can you share the supplements?
                            CB - that's request #1

YoungAtHeart;1529413 wrote:
                            Yes, CB, I'd certainly be interested in knowing about those too.
                            CB - that's request #2

And PPQ makes 3...please share with us.

Comment

Dear Cinders - its not anywhere near 20 degrees here! 4 degrees celsius which is not too bad for the morning in the mid of winter before the sun is up!
                              My lost message yesterday did not make me irritable but I did feel a bit flat/down/sad most of Sunday. Tried to talk to G. about it but he now thinks all flatness = clinical depression (which it is not) and thus warrants heavy duty ADs (been there, not needed at present) or that I am in a grumpy mood (not the same thing but it starts to put me in that direction when my feeling sad is interpreted that way!)
                              Daughter seemed to understand where I was at and gave me some nice cuddles - I think she was in need of them too! Went for a long walk but it did not lift the blues - just gave me more time for thinking about 'life' and mortality!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X