af Sun 7 July - the official thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

treetops;1529451 wrote: Went for a long walk but it did not lift the blues - just gave me more time for thinking about 'life' and mortality!!!!

Aw TT ...:l

Boy do I hear you about the evolution of mr. grumpy....
    I'm glad your daughter was there for you and you for her

:angel:"PPP"
    :angel:

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers,

Hello & welcome DD! Congrats on your 2 AF days, keep going, you'll never be sorry

I have sad news - my brother passed away this morning, 67 yrs old.
      He has had multiple health problems for many years & I guess it all just became too much for him.
      I'm sad but I'm also happy that he will no longer continue to suffer.

Cindi, Kuya is OK, I am in email touch with her, so is Byrdie.
      Her account has been blocked, the moderators here decided to handle the problem that way Maybe things will change at some point, I just don't know.

Be well everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav....

I am so sorry about your brother....
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

I'm a day in front of all of you tuesday morning here

Comment

Happy Sunday ABenators near and far!

TTops, sorry you're having a frustration start, hope it's gotten much better

Darkest Diamond, a big welcome to you! you've found the top spot for fun-loving, yet serious AFers.

Cindi, your blood sugar will respond much better with an adjustment to your ratio of protein/fat/carbohydrate than with any supplement I'm aware of. if you are having serious issues I'd consult a functional medicine doc and get some bloodwork done. most MD's would be clueless sad to say.

Lav, I'm glad your brother is at rest

Sun, I wouldn't tolerate a meeting filled with damnation and judgement. thankfully I found a really good one I enjoy and find helpful.

be well everyone!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Lav...sorry to hear about your brother but you're right, no more suffering. :l

Comment

Lav - sorry to hear about your brother. That is very young.

Gosh, I've seen some bad stuff on here and people still being allowed to post, so goodness knows what Kuya did?! And hi if you're lurking. Have bit the bullet and booked my trans-Tasman. Joy, joy, joy :H

PPQ - glad to hear your dad is doing well. Saw Canada in the news again yesterday with the train explosion. So sad.
                Loved your froggy message - I am slowly learning that one. Makes a huge difference to control the thinking!

Mick - have you lost your knotted hankie! Not quite shorts and surf weather here (you do adapt and get quite a wuss about the "cold". When I lived in the NT we used to talk about getting the duvets out when it dropped to 18 overnight!!) Oh, and a happy belated birthday.

TT - hope your day's a bit more upbeat. We had about 1/2 overnight - though there was frost on the grass, so it must have been less.

Hi Det, Cindi (hubby back at work today/Mon?!), CBuddy, Welcome DD, Bear, YAH and everyone

Comment

Lav - very sorry about your loss. :h

I read most of the stuff (I think I did) that Kuya was embroiled in. Don't think she should be blocked.
                  There is much worse crap and nastiness and trolling on some of the other threads

Comment

I have to agree with you TT!
                    But the MWO gods have the final say....what can you do?

I am having some pleasant thoughts & memories of my brother from better times. He was a unique person, a bit baffling & downright confusing at times but he also had some really good aspects - he will be missed.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I know it's cliche' but life is so fragile and transient. we should take every opportunity to shed our grievances and tell all our loved ones that they are loved.

with that.... I love you all!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

I love you all, too.

Lav, I'm so sorry his life ended at that age. I remember the sorrow you expressed earlier this year about him. I hope beyond the grief is peace for all of you.

The supplement works very well, but it's been a few years since I bought it. I will send an email to the accupuncturist (haven't seen her in years either as my schedule shifted and I could no longer go). I will find it, ladies! Now, I find L-glut and balanced meals (nod, Det) are my tools.

Cat
                        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Lav so sorry to hear about your brother - take care of yourself - sending you my best wishes xxx
                          one day at a time

Comment

:thanks:

Thank you to everyone for being so welcoming, I really appreciate it. I am determined now to have an alcohol free life. I have now spent hours on this forum and think it is very interesting, I've learnt a lot. I have reflected a lot in the last few days and the sober years that I have had in my life have been far happier than any of the drinking times, during the sober years I have been a better person, better friend, better daughter.....been at peace with myself. Perform well at work and generally like who I am, also did lots of new courses, learnt to drive, changed job etc all during the sober times. If I drink the drink just swallows me and my life up! I shrivel and become weak.
                            New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Working...
                            X