Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Fools April Mod Squad

Good morning, all my friends!
    Yahoo for a wonderful month! I am feeling stronger, since I actually got almost ten hours of sleep last night for the first time in forever. Whew! What a boost!

Just as I started last month's thread, I want to welcome anyone at all who would like to come to our very good group of moderators. We are a welcoming, supportive group down here, willing to talk with everyone and happy to support each person's desire to moderate drinking. However, if your point is to come, lurk, and take away messages to use against us, just know that karma exists. We choose to follow the "what goes around, comes around" philosophy. Come, and welcome to all who are happy to support each person's travels on this path.

No Fools April Mod Squad

Thanks again, NNG, for starting us off! Happy for you on the sleep issue. Me? Not so much. AF Fri night. I swear I did not sleep all night. Drank very moderately Sat. night. Slept fine. Drank more than I should have Sun night, more like the passed out kind of sleep. Not proud of that. AF last night. Took a hot bath, took Trazodone (50 mg) fairly early in evening, drank Sleepy Time tea, stayed up til 11:00p, slept more than Fri night, but I'd say 3-4 hrs tops! So pray tell, what has helped you?

Played golf this a.m. Played terrible. Am heading to grocery store because I couldn't find sesame oil and want to make this Asian dressing for a fresh shrimp salad tonight. Plan to go to FC and do a double workout, ET and TM. I do not plan to drink tonight and I will sleep, darn it! LOL

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

YTMH......I have the same problem with the no sleep when I'm not drinking. Monday was the first time I was af for a minute (at least a month). I drank some passion fruit tea and added some hops. My my room sleep ready around 10:30 and tossed and turned until around 3:30-4:00.....then was up for the day by 8:30. I drank some wine/beer (my version of cold duck lol) last night.... I didn't go overboard and was able to sleep through the night until I got woke up around 6:30 because it was raining and my roof was leaking. (You can read that post in monthly mod).

I'm not going to drink today! My long-term goal is to only drink on the weekends and special occasions. Hope you sleep well tonight!

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Happy April! I keep forgetting to change threads each month. It's good to see people here!
        I'm over my melancholy, I don't know how open you are about these things where you are, but working with a team of women we talk about hormones as readily as the weather. It always miffs us that although we've been dealing with menstrual cycles for most of our lives, the ups and downs still take us by surprise. Needless to say, I'd forgotten where I was with it all, and hormones are all it was.
        I've had a couple of stressful days at work. Deadlines taking me unawares, and a few hiccups with subcontractors. I thought it would be easier now that I'm not a slave to the bottle but unfortunately it's just as stressful. I've just done a 12 hour day. It really proves to me just how well my body was coping in the past (to have been able to deal with the long hours and stress) but I'm still glad I'm healthier now with less drinking, I guess I wouldn't have remained super human forever.
        Since Monday I've had a total of 4 drinks.
        I see that you are all having sleeping problems. I read an article online recently that challenges the 8 hrs a night theory. The author suggested that this idea of needing one stretch of 8 hrs every night gives one more anxiety when it's not achieved. There were several examples given of shorter blocks of sleep time, with considerable waking time in between. They thoroughly praised the power nap, siestas and what we call 'Nanna naps' as useful and just as effective. So perhaps if you have the luxury of time during the day, just lie down whenever you feel tired? My thing is reading, it puts me out like a light. Exercise that exhausts me is also good, and I've never managed to finish an entire film when watched from in bed. Also, as you get used to less alcohol in your system I think the sleep will return. Good luck.
        And now it's time for my bed,
        Thankyou all for being here,
        X
        Em

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Cleanse, Detox, that is what I need to do for the Spring. Nothing much going on here, haven't been able to exercise that much since I bruised my ribs in Austria and I'm starting to feel the sluggishness. I haven't been eating that well. I only drank three times this week, probably 5-6 drinks each night, a little over what I should be, beer only - oh, I did have a shot of vodka last night, it was someone's birthday. The weird thing is I'm not getting drunk...maybe slightly buzzed...it must be because I'm slightly out of shape, I don't know.....I'm going to try and run tomorrow and see what happens. There was a cleanse supplement package I got from GNC once, that actually worked quite well...it didn't do any crazy numbers on the digestive track, and if you took the supplements and ate a "normal" diet, it worked quite well....it was like a week or two thing also... anyway....again, not to sound like a broken record, my depression thing is the real big issue...I still feel very blah, maybe that's why the few times I do drink, I can drink fast and not get drunk...it's bringing me back to normal...well, that's not good, I don't think.

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

I'm still feeling quite sad this morning.... this is the second day of mostly rain..... and my roof is leaking all over the place! And it's suppose to rain for the next couple of days. So far Monday was my only af day for the week but I have not gone over board. Normally with everything that's going on in my life I would have been drinking all day. But I don't even feel like drinking all day! Please continue to keep us in your prayers!

Have a successful day!!!!!

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

-143;1644876 wrote: I'm still feeling quite sad this morning.... this is the second day of mostly rain..... and my roof is leaking all over the place! And it's suppose to rain for the next couple of days. So far Monday was my only af day for the week but I have not gone over board. Normally with everything that's going on in my life I would have been drinking all day. But I don't even feel like drinking all day! Please continue to keep us in your prayers!

Have a successful day!!!!!
              Well, that sounds like a good start...you sound like your breaking some cycle...

j.

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Hi guys,

I am not a moderator although god knows I have tried. I wondered if anyone knows what happened to TrueGrit? He was working on his moderation and there was a lot of back and forth with and about him. I hope all is well with him. Good luck to you all. For me, one drink means the bottle, if not more-no "off" switch anymore! Disappointing, but it is my reality.

Ann

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Hello, my friends,
                  Acadia, I have not seen a post from TrueGrit in quite some time. I also wish I knew what was happening, but folks drop out and back in with regularity, so we'll hope for the best.

-143, welcome to our thread! All of us know how hard life can be, and we are definitely pulling for you, kid. Take some good long times AF, eat some healthy food, and know that you can always come here when you need us.

Stewarts, you seem to be a bit better than the last time you posted. I hope you are feeling better! Good luck on your run today, take it slowly and easily. I have been thinking about you a lot, recently.

Emmy, my heavens, girl, you work hard! I think you are keeping your superhuman persona up quite well. Good luck with the deadlines and contractors.

I am doing pretty well, myself. The birds and little green shoots are telling me that spring might be coming, and this makes me happy. I have decided that my schedule had gotten a little over-loaded, so I am dropping a few things just so I can feel more in control. I'm with Stewarts on the cleansing and exercising. We have a training walk in a couple hours, and hopefully it will go well in spite of not sleeping as well as I had hoped.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Hi all,
                    I wax and wane with posting here but eventually get pulled back to see how everyone is doing. For the person asking about True Grit, you can always highlight on a poster's name and it will show you the most recent or last post they posted. Sometimes, that helps with figuring out what happened with someone or what they are up to. Perhaps they posted last week on another site, or if it's been a couple of years, perhaps they've quit posting altogether. One can always send a private message to folks. I have done that with some folks who I felt close to and then they just disappeared from posting.

Hope everyone is doing well. Nothing real different for me to share. Keeping the drinking within check, for me it's usually only 4-6 per week.

:l
                    Eve11
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Good job Eve!!!!

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Hi Stewarts... how are you feeling? How was your run?

Nng....thanks!!!!

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Happy Monday, my friends,
                          I had a very nice eight mile walk on Saturday, felt good about it. Had a really good talk with my husband today and feel good about that, too. Have a great Monday!

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

In support of full honesty, and with Emmy Lou's very refreshing and clear-heart example in my mind, I have to tell you guys that the talk with my husband yesterday was not just a chat. I finally had to ask this dear man, who does not have a problem with alcohol, to stop suggesting, as he has been doing several times a week "Hey, let's have a drink." He thought that if he suggested it and had ONE with me, that it would be a support and a limiting factor. But his one was always my two, and sometimes more.

He has surgery scheduled for this Friday (always strikes terror in my heart, as some of you know) and though it is out-patient and should go completely smoothly, he can't have any alcohol at all from last weekend until at least ten days after surgery. So, that's it for me, too. AF until at least the middle of the month.

Spring is the time of renewal, and I am thrilled to be renewing myself from the inside out. Good luck to all of us, I say, as we work our way down this path. Step by step in the right direction.

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Hi there, I've been so busy with work & life. Didn't have time to check in. It's good to see 143 and Acadiaofmaine here, welcome! NNG I am wishing your husband all the best outcomes from his surgery.
                              I had some very bad news on Saturday night. A dear friend has got breast cancer. She and her husband kept it to themselves and she's already had a mastectomy. It feels so bad to know that she was going through it just a ten minute drive from where I live. They live in the country and had to travel to town for the surgery. None of our friends no anything about how bad it is, we're visiting her on Saturday where I'm sure we will find out. I have to keep positive for a recovery but she had a previous bout of cancer last year. Again they didn't tell anyone til she was in remission, and no one knows what kind it was. I respect her privacy but it's so hard to think that she's going through this without us. They've been building a house on a paddock they bought, with reclaimed and recycled materials. They moved in before it was even sealed up and the nights there are so cold now. The hospital have given them accommodation at an apartment in town for her treatment but now her husband has to keep going back to make sure the bathroom is finished and it's all watertight before she comes home. They are such hard workers, they've been heating baths and having showers outside. Cooking over an open fire, very romantic but I don't know if she can do all of that again any time soon. Of course they have family and they have us. I'm just so shocked and sad.
                              Otherwise I had quite a few drinks on Friday night, which meant playing bowls with a headache on Saturday. Only two that night and two on Sunday. AF Monday. Last night I invited the neighbours over to tell them the bad news about my friend. They were close too. We had a few drinks and I didn't get enough sleep. So it's AF again tonight and early to bed.
                              Thanks for listening friends, take care
                              X
                              Em

Comment

Working...
                              X