No Fools April Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Fools April Mod Squad

143 I just read your post, I agree, journals are a really good way to get a glimpse of the inner you over time. And great for purging the demons,
    Thanks for that!

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

No problem Em! Hope you feel better before your trip!!!

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

And.....I made it through my af Tuesday!!!

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Well, my undergraduate degree is in Creative Writing...I am serious, that is really what it is...and for all intensive purposes I consider this journaling....and yes, I realize I don't always edit, sometimes just do not have the time. I should start to write for real again, I think.

Well, I was married before, I definitely have been in love, even after my marriage even.

EL, ohh, chemo is tough, I hope your friend gets through it ok..at least they got the tumor out.

So, I have been AL free for 5 days. I have a hockey game tonight, although my ribs feel like hell from my run yesterday...just mention the hockey game because that sometimes ends with beers. I haven't decided if I'm going to drink or not...I do have to drive, so even if I do, it will only be one or tow...we'll see..it would be nice not to though...

j.

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

HI, all!
            I am glad that everyone seems to be keeping on an even keel this week. I so much wanted to have a drink yesterday after coming home from my husband's doctor... but didn't. The fact that hubby can't drink definitely is a help!

Cancer is such a scary word. Hope we get through this.

I imagine that many of us will be thinking about and watching the Boston Marathon this year. If those folks who lost loved ones and lost limbs last year can get to today with smiles on their faces, so can we, my friends.

When I go out on my training run today, my smile will be for Boston...but also for all of us here. We are all winners.

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

NNG, great words. I did drink after my hockey game, but nothing crazy....it's weird, a few beers after a hockey game I don't consider drinking, but I guess I can't say I went six days in a row.

I had some friends in that race, all were fine, but scary stuff.

Oh, NNG, hehehe, I heard from the girl that blew off my dinner, maybe she realty was sick...

j.

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Stewarts..... there is a great book by Iyanla Vanzant titled" In the Meantime".... it started me on a life changing journey when I was so ready to end my life!!! I think it could really help you in getting to know yourself..... you should be able to find it anywhere books are sold.... I would try Amazon!
                That's when I started journaling.

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Good Friday

Happy Friday, all!
                  I slept very well last night, but still feel exhausted. I guess my body will take awhile to catch up to weeks of poor sleep.

Stewarts, I am glad that the girl contacted you again... I hope that she is appropriately contrite for missing that lovely tuna dinner. ( Such expense! I hope that the tuna was good as you ate it over the week.)

In regards to the marathon, yes, Stewarts, I had friends there too, last year. One even had a heart attack on the course, but came home and recovered. We have a pretty good group of folks from our club going this year (including the guy who had the heart attack) and I talked to them on Saturday before their run, gave them hugs to take with them. My heart will be there on Monday, with such pride. America shows, time after time, that we can get through and get better.

So, today is, for Christians, Good Friday. A day of such portent. Even if you are not Christian, or as I - not a current practicer - perhaps it could be a day to reflect. I will spend today in contemplation of how I can make this ol' world more loving, more peaceful. There was once a man, as history shows, who died on this day, and whether or not you believe it ends or begins with an open tomb, we can take his words to heart and live as we would want others to live. With a heart of peace and love for others. A good Friday to you all.

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

143...thanks for the book recommendation. So, I did drink last night. It was start of the hockey playoffs. I went for a run, then met up with some friends at my club, where I wasn't planning on drinking, but did. I then wanted to meet some Finnish friends of mine Uptown to watch the rest of the game, so two of us did.

I think I had an overly stressful week and as today is Good Friday, I knew I'd have a short day at the office. No regrets, I feel a little hung, and don't usually like that feeling, but whatever.

it's really the only day I drank this week. I really have no plans for the rest of the week an AL.

NNG, good point, I personally am looking at Easter as a day if re-birth for myself....I hope I can see my goals through.

j.

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

NNG, loved your paragraph about Good Friday. Very well written. I love your spirit.

On Wed. someone asked in our Bible Study if anyone planned on going to the Easter sunrise ecumenical (sp) service at the ballpark. I indicated interest and said I would google it. Later she emailed offering to pick us up if we would like to go. We're in. I have been wanting my dh to meet this lady for a long time so what an opportunity. And I'm sure it will be beautiful. Asked her do we wear sneakers or dress in Easter finery? Some do, some don't. She's wearing jeans, sneakers and a warm jacket. Me too.

Stewarts - looking at Easter as a day of re-birth is wonderful. Good for you!

Quiet around here, isn't it?

TMH
                      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Easter as a new beginning.... I like that, Stewarts! I'll also try to make some needed changes.

TMH, I haven't been to an Easter sunrise service since I was a teenager. It should be lovely. I once went to a wedding that happened Easter Sunday at sunrise - hmmm... can't really imagine choosing that for myself.

Yesterday was not stellar for me. Worry and frustration got the better of me, in spite of my best intentions. I did not drink, but was kind of bitchy to my guy, when I really didn't mean to be. I went for a long drive, then for a second walk after dinner, and stayed up later than I had intended. Today will be better, I hope.

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

A blessed calm and happy Easter to you all!

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

Well Easter is over and came and went uneventfully. I did send my ex-gf some best wishes for the holiday, she's Catholic also, with a Corinthians verse...I got the , "J, please do not email again, Best, D." I honestly find it kind of weird she's even responded if she really feels that way. In the days of the internet, it's so easy to block people, put them in your junk senders, etc.. I did respond though, it was simply, "I'm sorry you still feel that way. I still wanted to wish you and your loved ones a Happy Easter, Best, j."

I was a little bummed, but nothing that triggered anything drastic. Like I've said before, it's just so sad when someone you love or loved, even with the messed up situation, has gotten so perverted by the darkness, myself included, that things can't be made right.... I had much better conversations with out friends and women over Easter, that I didn't pay it much attention, like I said...it's just sad.

I did have a little wine, and I stress a little wine on Easter....

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

OMG! That book changed my life! My best friend gave it to me when I was at rock bottom! I've given several of them to others since. I did have a slight problem with the constant religious references until my friend suggested that I substitute the word God for Love...works very well after that! Wow! X

Comment

No Fools April Mod Squad

I intended that post as a comment on a post by 143 in page 5 of our thread, I haven't read any other posts since that yet. Been away at a music Fest. So please take it as just after the book recommendation? Back to reading your other posts now! X

Comment

Working...
                                X