JUNE NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning from beautiful sunny France: Buckeldown and Sunflower:welcome: and nice to see you again Starlight and Riker, Hi to all us other "Newbies", glad to see we are all doing well and for those who are struggling - today is another day - try again - today will be better I'm sure - we are all with you - good luck - you can do it. :agreed:

I have just read through yesterdays mails and I am sitting here chuckling away with a smile brightening up my face. You guys are brilliant with such a fantastic sense of humour and I just want to thank you all for giving me a great start to my day.

I see that some of us are struggling with weight, I am one! I sincerely thought that as soon as I stopped my nightly poison of 1 1/2 bottles of wine that my excess weight (13 kgs) would melt off. Well, la-de-dah, 37 AF days after; strict diet; daily exercise; shoot, I've only lost 4 kilos. How disheartening particularly when others around you have lost the same amount in 14 days. Naturally, I became slightly discouraged but some wonderful member came along and advised me to keep going, as "slow" loss is better than "quick" loss. So for me it's the same programme as for the wine - one day at a time - and yeah it's getting better all the time. Sorry but I'm going to rattle on about exercise again but it really does help with both alcohol/weight and even better, our inner spirit, so whether it be: swimming, walking, jogging, biking; try to get going, it's mind blowing, and with music plugged in it's a trip in itself, a much better trip than a bottle and a 1/2 of vino! Anyway, that's my advice for today for anybody struggling with alcohol/weight, get out and walk, whatever, breath in some fresh air, look around and thank god you are alive and physically able to stand on two feet to be able to enjoy life. There are others much less fortunate than ourselves who would give anything to be in our shoes, so let's get on with it, our bodies really don't deserve the poison we have been pouring into it, come on let's give our bodies a break, be nice to them today!

That's enough, over to you guys now, have a great day and see you all tomorrow.

Quote for the MODs Gang: Drink the first. Sip the second slowly. Skip the third.
    ~Knute Rockne

Quote for the ABS Gang: Don't even think about the first! ~Bluesky X

PS - Change - Forget the stage fright, jump on in and start us off one day, it would be an honour.

Love you all, take care.
    Bluesky X
    It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Hi Bluesky and everyone.
    Just up and despite feeling clear-headed, am feeling rather sluggish. Think some exercise would do me the world of good, as I just don`t do exercise and sure do need to -think it `lifts the mind`, and then of course, there`s the weight.

This will be my 4th night AF, so am craving sugar -have allowed myself some sweets, but am limiting it-think ice lollies might be my big help here-had one each night, when I would normally be drinking-they last a while and the flavoured ice ones ain`t got a lot of calories.

Think the weight issue is a biggee for many of us. I hadn`t been bothering about trying to lose weight - no real point when I was glugging 7 btls. of wine a week. Plan now is to have 1 btl. a week, and hopefully moderating, healthy eating and starting some exercise will see me lose my excess flab of 30 lbs!!!!(lol)

Have a good day all,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Hi everyone - thanks Blue for giving us something to think about, you are a natural motivator!! You are so right about the exercise - I swam on Sunday and it did me so much good it has had a knock on effect on everything else. Hoping to get there again later today. Still feel good, do not regret my little drink on Sunday, relieved I only had the one. Well, its a lovely day here in England too, so going to quickly finish my ironing then get into the garden. Have a great day....will check in later to see how everyone's doing. Janicexx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hi all. Well back to AF again. Wasn't hard, wasn't hard the first time. So tackling that depressed/restless feeling, once again volunteered at the Crisis Line. They so wanted me back, it felt great just telling them. I too have that darn sugar craving. I keep buying stuff for work then giving it to people. So I won't gain so much weight but everyone around me will.:H Works for me, if I can't lose weight let everyone gain it!!!

Comment

Morning Bluesky and all--- speaking of weight I had a wonderful surprise yesterday when I went to get dressed to go the the mall with the boys my pants were too big --hoot hoot! I'm so with you about exercise blue, sometimes I have to be careful not to preach (you don't sound preachy at all) i do -- lol, Exercise makes all the difference. It's like night and day for me. I don't crave alcohol, I feel good, I have motivation and I'm losing weight (slowly) -- I'm over forty and just read a book about losing weight over forty and I'm in this for the long haul it is just going to take longer than what my body could do when I was younger. I just enjoy feeling good. i felt so bad for soooo long -- with the crisis, the relapse, the year long recovery and finally giving up alcohol again and finally being able to move my body. I guess I'm just grateful. I don't mind that it is slow (well maybe just a wee bit, ) but this is a long term life style change and I figure it will take my mind and body awhile to catch up to the changes. Screw the scale, my pants nearly fell off!
          Thinking of you Hart -- you've got what it takes!
          I added walking a bit this morning. Felt good to walk with the dogs and the desert was beautiful. Off to do my laps in the pool.

Love & Light
          Padme

AF 21, March 2010

"First say to yourself what 
you would be; and then do 
what you have to do."
-Epictetus

Comment

Good morning friends,

Blue, thanks for opening again, and hang in there with the weight thing. I have a lot to lose, much more than you, so it comes off much easier at first. I don't care though. Everytime I get on the scale and it's less I can just say wow I haven't weighed this "little" in years. I told my husband it probably wont even show on me until I lose at least 20 pounds but he says that's ok honey I just want you around for a long time. I've been going to physical therapy for my back so that I can be more active. It's helping. So I feel very good that I'm moving forward at last.

Star, great job on finishing day 3. It sounds like you are really motivated. Isn't it funny how when we drink we are really only motivated to well drink???????? I have literally been known to down 3 beers while walking on the treadmill!!!!!!!!!!

Janice, Have a great time in your garden today.

Hart, Good luck on the AF . . .can you get Skinny Cows there in Washington State? I love those things. I buy them thinking I'll have maybe one and my husband eats like 3 a day and I don't get any, then he says don't buy them anymore......He's a runner and in great shape GRRRRRRR

Have a great day everyone
            If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

I'm sure I can find a cow that is skinny......but why do I think that isn't what you mean?

Comment

lol, lol,lol!!!!!!!!! Janice!
                AF since 9 May 2012
                Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hart, they are low fat low sugar ice cream sandwiches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL sorry.

Comment

Yumm! I want one right now! How's that for instant gratification?

:upset: I don't have any though.... Guess I'll have to go to town...

Hope you guys don't mind me popping in here to say Hi! zwink:

inkele: I need to go get in gear myself now...
                    Hugs,
                    Judie
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I did not drink last night, so my attempt at moderation this week so far looks decent. As of now in June I have drank 2 days, one of which was before I started this program/plan. On Monday I had a few and really did not even have the desire to drink any of them, but did since I was at the pub. Speaking of which, I have found that now even though I have been without a cig for 2.5 weeks, when at the pub I crave a cig more than a beer! It was easier initially to quit the cigs over the beer, but now it seems that things have reversed around. Heres hoping that I can keep away from the cigs and keep the alcohol at a moderate level!

Congrats to all those with successes today, and those without them keep trying to achieve your goals!

Comment

It is good to see everyone doing so well and I will use you all as inspiration. I was feeling depressed yesterday, got mad at my husband and broke my don't drink when mad rule which was a big mistake because I had 4 and now I'm sorry. Later I realized I did not take my supplements yesterday. Anyway, I'm back on track and hope I've learned my lesson and will be more cheery tomorrow.

Comment

AF for 7 days.

Bad news. Went out for dinner last night and felt like a drink. The only reason i didn't was that the friend i was with didn't order one.

Good news. I only felt like one. The thought of buying a bottle and taking it home didn't really appeal to me, it was only aspect of having one with my dinner.

So, bad news in that i wouldn't have had the willpower to resist if temptation was put in my way (i would have actually binged in the restaurant if she had have been up for it) and good news in that i didn't want to binge at home.

Other news, i have a really bad chocolate hangover today :cupajoe: .
                          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Congrats on 7 days Change!!

Comment

Congratulations Change!

Louise, we will hold you to that as we only allow cheery people here.

Comment

Working...
                              X