Natural November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natural November

Good morning ladies & welcome to November 2015!

Waking up slowly with my pot of coffee, no sign of sunshine yet

I hope everyone has a wonderful AF Sunday. I am expecting a visit from my granddaughter & her family today so I will be busy!!
    Have a great day Dill, Star, Pauly & Cyn!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Happy November friends,hope everyone had a nice Halloween
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning all - Lav, thanks for the kickoff into November. Hi Pauly - hope you had a good halloween!

I got up and out early (forgot to change the clocks) because rain was threatening, and the gutters of the house were once again overflowing with leaves. So, around I went with the ladder - this is the 3rd time so far! Also took the opportunity of having my 'dirty' clothes on to put the final tomato plant to rest and tidy up a few other things in the yard. Still lots to do there, but it sounds like there will be warm-ish weather coming up for a few days. Then put the pups in the car and did the smelly-dog-laundry at the laundromat (Daddy's coming home, you can tell...) The laundromat is close to the lake, so we got a nice (windy) dog walk in. Finishing up some cleaning, and then will head out to meet friends and their kids in a town about an hour away. She's the actress that was in the fabulous play we saw last week - such a soul, it will be good to see her and the fam.

Good luck with the grandkids, Lav and Pauly! Hope all have a wonderful day - focus on the good!

Comment

Hello Ladies, lovely warm day here. I've been for a nice af Sunday walk.

Lav, hello and thank you for starting the November thread!

Pauly, Cyn, and Star, I hope you are having this weather too!
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning...

Had a fun Halloween and yesterday the weather was beautiful.

Lav, thanks for the November startoff.

Hello to Dill, Pauly, Cyn. Our week will be good and AF.

Comment

Good Monday morning friends!

Cloudy & coolish here ~ seasonal I guess!
            Yesterday was nice enough & having my granddaughter & her family here made it just right

Greetings to Dill, Star, Cyn & Pauly!
            The news says that four children in a nearby town came home from trick-or-treating with sewing needles inserted into their wrapped Twixt bars. Thank goodness the parents found them on inspection. How evil is that?

Wishing everyone a great AF day!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello friends, Lav,that's horrifying!good thing the parents checked the candy,tbh I had quit checking the kids' candy ages ago,but there's still,probably more sickos in this world than before, I'm soooo tired from this time change,my internal clock is still on daylight savings time,it'll sort itself out in a few days,Hope everyone has a nice Monday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Monday all -

I am betwixt and between today, not feeling my most chipper self. Could it be the GF pizza I had last night? It didn't leave me feeling too happy in my tummy, but it's been about a year since I had pizza, so I thought I'd go for it. I seem to be observing a strong link between what one eats and how one feels emotionally...I think maybe the choice was not such a good one on a number of levels for me! Ah well.

Figuring out life one step at a time, AF. Wishing all a good day...

Comment

Lav, What possible joy could one derive from tampering with children's candy with dangerous objects? I do not understand. I wonder if they just enjoy seeing the news coverage and knowing they are the cause. Sick.

I'm hoping you feel better soon Cyn. Sorry the pizza got to you. Just think how the al we used to consume must have affected us in ways we didn't even notice bc we were so busy just dealing with the hangover and then starting the cycle anew each afternoon. Sheesh. I know for a fact that it caused low level depression which I then continually medicated with more of the stuff that caused the problem to begin with!

Pauly, I'm with you on being sick of the time change. Not only has it messed with my sleep cycle, but it has messed with my eating cycle too! For some reason my appetite is really up. Just what I don't need!

Star, it's supposed to be beautiful weather all week. I'm loving it. Plus I am liking the extra light in the morning. Sunset last night was awesome.

I had a great visit with a gf today. My batteries are recharged for sure. Let's all have a great AF afternoon and evening.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill,my eating is messed up too,I started getting shakey a couple hours ago wondering what the heck? Turns out it was an hour and a half past my normal feeding time haha

Comment

Oh boy Cyn - I know what you are talking about! One serving of 'something' is enough to put me out of whack for days.
                      Gluten is not as big of a problem for me but the dairy sure is, ugh.
                      I have made some 'not too bad' gluten free pizzas. Finding a really good GF flour blend is important. You have to use a load of yeast & even a bit of baking powder to make it rise.
                      I have come to like the almond milk mozzarella cheese - not bad at all.
                      I hope you feel better real quickly :hug:

Dill & Pauly, this time change thing has sparked up my appetite too - darn!!!
                      We need to be very careful we reach for healthy foods, huh?

I have to get up & out early tomorrow to go set up my stuff fdor the craft sale at Curves.
                      I'll check in later in the afternoon. Have a good one!!!!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey all,

Making a crock-pot zucchini soup this morning. The time change does not bother me, I was ready for it.

Cyn, I ate something on Sunday that made me feel horrible, took it easy yesterday (on the food) and feel back to normal today. Hope you do too.

Lav, have fun at your craft show, tis the season.

Dill, great you had fun with a friend.

Pauly, hope your day turned out better, sometimes the morning is the hardest.

Have a good one.

Comment

Hello AF friends,

Star, the crock pot zucchini soup sounds really good! I have a bunch of left overs so that is what we will have tonight. As it happens one of them is a crockpot curry made with sweet potatoes and chickpeas. It was really good served over basmatti rice and with a chicken curry on the side. I have left overs of both curries so round two is tonight! Yum.

Lav, I am excited for you! I hope you enjoy the craft show and that you pick up a few new customers at the same time. Oh, and last night on NBC nightly news I saw the Halloween candy with needles in it that you talked about. I saw the image and then started to pay attention and heard mention of Kennett Square in Philadelphia and realized it was what you had posted here yesterday. "You heard it here first!" LOL

Cyn, I was thinking today yet again what a gift the light, sunrises and sunsets are. If you aren't well to do enough to travel and see the wonders of the world, you still have those. They are there for everyone. There is so much awe and beauty and it brings one closer to God or the universe or whatever your spiritual anchor may be. If you let it.

Pauly, speaking of travel, have you ever been to Sedona AZ? If I ever make it out west, that is one place I'd like to see. If not there, then some other place with fantastic rock formations.

Did I mention that I bought some spring bulbs a couple weeks ago and planted them. Now I just have to wait 5-6 months!
                          Another beautiful day here to be enjoyed AF.
                          Last edited by dill; November 3, 2015, 07:30 AM.
                          Dill

Comment

Morning friends,sleep still wacky,it was awful trying to keep poor Louie up last night til his mom got home,poor little guy was trying to sleep standing up!Ilike the time change in the morning cuz its not dark when I drive to work, however I usually have a specific"potty time" that wakes me and its on the old clock,too early so I lay there wanting to punch someone, anyone, oh well,it is what it is for now and at least I'm not hungover Dill,never been to Sedona,was supposed to go with my youngest last year before they moved to Portland,all free,paid for trip but I guess I was still on the grog at that time and didn't want to leave it,stupid! Hello to all,let's have a great Tuesday

Comment

Afternoon greetings friends

Sunny & nice here today.
                              Got my stuff set up for craft week this morning at Curves. The owner basically babysits & handles the money for us - nice lady.
                              I did have someone hand me their business cards & ask about having their logo put on some shirts

Crockpot zucchini soup sounds good Star!

I make a stovetop sweet potato & chickpea curry Dill, yum!!! It's pretty quick when you're starving, ha ha! Love leftovers!!!!
                              I am putting together a vegan lasagna today so I'll have leftovers too

Pauly, I heard from my nephew last night & he said his miserable mother is leaving Vegas on Dec 23. She moved out there two years ago after my brother died, she wanted to be near her daughter. Well, her daughter has been transferred to VA so now my SIL is following her there. I hope she doesn't get any closer, I don't want any more to do with her. She hated Vegas, too hot. DUH!!
                              I hope your bodyclock adjusts sooner rayher than later :hug:

Cyn, hope you are OK!

Have a good rest of the day everyone!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X