Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Monday morning friends!

32 frosty degrees here this morning
    I slept great after all of yesterday's activity!

Star, I am having Thanksgiving dinner here but still not entirely sure if everyone will be here. I can never get a straight answer from my DIL but my son did tell me he is off that day. Daughter & family will be here.
    We actually were having pasta & turkey meatballs the night I roasted the turnips & mushrooms, ha ha. Weird combo but it worked out well.

Cyn, sorry your doggie was sick overnight. My big dog has been having issues off & on too. It's hard getting up at night with them. We do have a great view of the night sky here as well - no street lights.

Hello to Dill & Pauly!

I need to get to Curves for my exercise & pack up craft sale leftovers. I did notice last week that folks were slow to make purchases. I guess this will probably be the last year for the craft sale anyway since the franchise owner has the business up for sale. We shall see.

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning friends, Lav,thanks for the recipe I gotta do something cuz I feel like poop a lot!sleep is becoming an issue,I haven't been exercising cuz I'm just too tired,sinuses are nutso again but its everyone, not just me,customers are complaining about their allergies too,worried about Kell,think she's going through withdrawal from her pain meds or something, she keeps getting anxiety and I gave her some Seredyn but she says it makes her feel weird,I arm loaded her with magnesium, turmeric and some b bits,hopefully it'llhelp,iI'm not complaining here at all,I'm simply voicing what's going on but focusing on the positive, this too shall pass right? I'm sober,safe and sorta sane Hahahaha! Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning ladies...

Glad to see everyone posting.

Cyn, your poor dog. Hope he feels better. Yes, things are very different from last year and I am so relieved.

Dill, happy to hear you are enjoying your grandkids!

Pauly, you can tell us whatever you want. I would be very upset if my kid was jobless, I am currently trying to stay positive for my son, so don't worry about being positive all the time. No one can. Life is not like that right?

Lav, there are so many craft shows around here, I wonder if that is an issue for yours? Have a good one.

Comment

"I'm sober, safe and sorta sane!"
          ~Pauly

Good morning ladies,

Star, I'm going to make the zucchini crockpot soup today! And as far as holiday plans, nothing out of the ordinary. We'll have dinner here with my son and grand kids. It will be very nice, I'm sure. Staying positive for our sons is something we have very much in common.

Lav, it's weird that your DIL won't just commit to a plan for Thanksgiving! What's that about? Does she want to have it at home with just her hb and kids but doesn't want to say so? I don't know, but it just seems silly to me not to make a plan!

Pauly, I hope you don't mind my quoting you, but I just loved it! That's it in a nutshell!

Hello dear Cyn!

Off to meet some gf's later this morning for a lunch and if the rain stops, a walk. Have a safe and sober Tuesday everyone!
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning friends,

Rain here as well Dill, oh well.
            My DIL does.not.cook!!!!! Not ever, ha ha so I know she's not thinking of staying home. I think part of the problem is with her parents. They don't cool either. They simply go eat whatever the church is putting out.
            I'm just not worrying about it - ridiculous.
            Hope you have a nice lunch today. I need to gather my lunch friends soon.

Star, there are lots & lots of craft shows going on around here as well. I only do them when specifically asked to - I don't spend the year crafting & stock piling crafts like a lot of folks seem to do. I personally get tired of seeing the same old stuff year after year.

Cyn, how's your girl dog feeling today?
            Yesterday, during my travels I noticed 4 deceased raccoons on 4 different roads around here. Bad week for raccoons! There has also been a sharp increase in deer related accidents - typical this time of year.

Pauly, I truly hope you have a better day today in regards to your work situation :hug:
            Stay safe & stay sober!!!

OK, off I go! Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends,Dill,that's cute you quoted me Kells anxiety is not easing up and she's supposed to be starting a new job,yikes,I told her that maybe she should try the Zoloft her doctor gave her,its a last resort, I was horrible on it but I was drinking,the stupidest thing the doc said to me when he prescribed it is"you can drink 1 or 2" it'll be fine,dumbass! I dunno.why I'm so against antidepressants, tbh I probably need one too,but I dunno,I feel happy most of the time but anxiety is an issue, wonder if its genetic?do any of you have experience with ad's? I know Lav has taken one in the past,I wish there was a miracle vitamin or herb.I had tried Amoryn but it revved me up so bad and I only took 1,I'm worried about Kell,she's always been so strong and this is so sudden,I'm sorry for rambling and talking about myself so much,I'm just sorta preoccupied with what's going on with us right now,I hope everyone has a peaceful Tuesday
              Last edited by paulywogg; November 10, 2015, 08:54 AM.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all!

Busy day here - I worked on finishing up a grant and got it in the mail. Whew! Then I came home and cleaned the gutters again (in the rain), then sat by the fire (gas jet - gotta love it.) But the dogs have not made the switch away from DST, and they are ravenous an hour before feeding time! My girl dog would not let me post! She kept nudging my hand away. Finally I gave up, turned the fire off and just sat with her to try to get her to calm down. It was actually kind of funny...

Pauly, I would have posted your line as a quote if Dill hadn't, I love it! Good luck to you, so sorry Kell is having a hard time. I do think that antidepressants can be a good thing in a short term way, just to stabilize. But everybody's different. Wishing you well.

Dill - the only reason I put up with the foxes is that they eat the mice! Also they look incredibly beautiful against the snow. But I think ours have moved on - I took a lot of brush away from where I think they had their den. It's a great rock formation, and i wanted to see it! What a nice story about your grandkids' presents.

Lav - is your Curves closing? Oh no! Hope you ended up making some money on the sale of your lovely things. I'll be making that spicy quinoa dish soon. BTW, didn't your DIL and son say last year that they weren't coming for a holiday, and then showed up anyway?! I seem to remember something like that.

Star - so nice to hear you looking forward to the holidays. Have fun decorating your new house for the season!

Hope all have a nice AF evening, and a good day tomorrow.

Comment

Good morning...

Pauly, you asked about antidepressants and I will tell you what I know. Depression runs in my family and two close relatives take them, one Prozac, the other Paxil, and THEY WORK. Now, have the amounts had to be adjusted,yes. But, they really really work. One person engages in therapy, long term. I think that with anxiety, cognitive behavioral therapy, short term, and medicine is the best treatment available. And it can work. I have also known people take Zoloft,and it helped them with symptoms too. So, hope this helps. Doing nothing just makes it worse, and my heart goes out to her. There is a period of adjustment, and again so keep that in mind. Hope this helps.

Lav, again, I think your DIL is rude not to let you know, especially after how good you are to her. But, family politics, make enough for everyone and if she doesn't show up, lots of left overs, right?

Dill, I do have lots of love and time for my son, wanting the best for him. Excited to see him at Thanksgiving. It will be fun. Sounds like your son is in a good place right now. It is wonderful to live close to your adult kids, to be part of their lives. Lucky you.

Cyn, I am excited to decorate my new house. I was thinking of going out on the day after Thanksgiving and looking for good deals, maybe I could pick up some really beautiful Holiday Decorations. There are certainly tons of stores around here.

OK, more coffee and off to work. Have a productive Hump Day.
                  Cyn,

Comment

Morning friends, thank you guys for your opinions on the ad's,this is so hard to sit back and watch her struggle, I feel totally helpless: ( yesterday I had to go over to her place cuz she was having it bad and I had to keep an eye on Louie, its hard to watch a toddler when you're panicky,I told her to go to the doctor this morning and be completely open about everything, the periods that last for two weeks, the meds she was taking for her back,etc,thank you guys so much for lending an ear,I'll quit harping on this and just give updates getting chilly here(for us anyways) snow flurries yesterday on the west side of town,I had to wash my hair this morning and getting out of the shower is torture,too cold!! Michelle came home yesterday, hubs was pissed but she's our daughter, he just doesn't want her drama again, I guess her and the boyfriend are on a break.......again haha,of to dry this rats nest,hello to Cyn,Dill,Lav and Star,I hope we all have an easy Wednesday

Comment

Good morning friends!

A sunless Hump day it is so far but at least it's not raining

Cyn, you have a good memory, ha ha! My DIL has pulled this same non-committal Thanksgiving thing before. it is seriously annoying but I just chalk it up to her egocentricity. She is what she is & I'm not getting my knickers in a twist, LOL
                      Our Curves owner is trying to find a buyer for the franchise. She's the same age as most of her clients & wants to slow down a bit & enjoy life & have time to ride her horse - don't blame her really. I hope someone takes over so it doesn't have to close down. The craft sale was basically a dud for all of us. I only made about a quarter of what I did last year - oh well.

Star, YB was put on a hefty dose of Zoloft 12 years ago while seeing a psychiatrist. Boy did he ever need it too. Once he started feeling a little better he stopped the med & stopped his talk therapy. His brother rejected the meds & help too & you know what he did a year ago. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink - so true.

Pauly, one person's experience with a medicine does not mean the next person will have the same results. I really hope your daughter gives the Zoloft a try. It just may work out well for her but she won't know until she tries. Paxil also works well for anxiety.

Dill, has the rain left your area? I think it's coming back here tomorrow, oh well.

I need to get moving & get myself to Curves while it's still there.
                      Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello Ladies from sunny southern Ohio! No rain in sight Lav, at least for today.

Pauly, I took an ad several years ago that did not work for me. It was called Lexapro. I agree with the others tho, it is best to try an ad and see if it works for her. Many people get good relief from them. I hope she does.

Star, the soup was a super hit with Mr. D and myself as well. Thanks! I went to get my hair cut today at Great Clips. They were giving free hair cuts to veterans in honor of veteran's day. I picked up a coupon for my son that's good thru the end of 2015. Isn't that a nice way for a business to honor our veterans! Unfortunately for me, the offer made the place super busy so my wait was a little longer, but I didn't mind a bit!

Cyn, I agree that fox are beautiful! Do you remember when women used to wear fox fur stoles? I always thought those were really creepy looking! But live fox are gorgeous. Here's an image of a fox stole like I remember from my childhood: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-K2nd8jpYfE...1600/stole.jpg

Happy af Hump Day everyone!
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi all -

Soggy day here, cold rain last night and this morning. I had just cleared the gutters, but they filled up again before the rain. Oh well! I just didn't want to have to deal with them again. Maybe tomorrow before it rains again.

I worked in the morning, then went to the post office to get things out - oops. I always forget that sometimes other people get the day off (like postal employees and banks!). But the dogs got a chilly walk out of it. Once home, I changed into warm waterproof clothing and did the rest of the laying of newspaper and mulching the garden that I hadn't been able to get to yet. 2 hours! Yikes my shoulders hurt, but it's DONE. Unfortunately, there's still a third of the mulch left. Oh well, I'll blow out the other gardens and throw it in there for the winter...

Dill, you are too funny, with that fox fur. Sheesh, what were people thinking, to wear a dead animal around their neck? And those beady eyes! Yikes, gives me the creeps! And a good laugh, thanks. BTW, thank your son for his service to our country, please.

Star - I can't wait to hear what you're doing for your decorating! I'll live vicariously through you. Decorating (and buying stuff) isn't my thing. I think my family would like me to be more interested...

Pauly, hang in there. It's always something, right?

Lav - sorry about the craft fair, and the Curves. I'll be crossing fingers for a new buyer.

I saw a lovely article on how the Scandinavians enjoy winter - and I can attest that it is true. Check this out - we can at least have lots of candles, and fresh flowers! That much I remember from being in Sweden in February one year.

The Norwegian Secret To Enjoying A Long Winter.

Wishing all a happy, AF night -

Comment

Great article Cyn
                            It reminded me (for some reason) of my mother saying 'you can get used to doing snything, even hanging'. That expression used to freak me out a little, but I think I understandvthe message. Hope you shoulder feels better quickly!

Dill, I seem to remember my grandmother havingva fox stole - weird, for sure.
                            I go to Great Clips around here too. I was so gratfulnwhen the shop opened up here because I was traveling back to my old hometown every time I needed a haircut, ugh.

I'm on grandaughter duty tomorrow so Ibwill chevk in from there when I can.

Peace to all!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning,

Dill, glad you liked the zuchinni soup! I found another one for chicken and mushroom, I'll let you know how it turns out. Those fox stoles, yuck. I remember I had a little white one when I was little, courtesy of my mom or grandmother. I remember being fascinated with the eyes too. Real rabbit muff, remember muffs? Now, it is so out of fashion. I have a mink coat from my mom and on the few occasions I have worn it, I have received negative feedback. Furs are definitely not politically correct, and that is fine with me. Glad you got a haircut you like. I have to go to a specific person who is very important in my life. Isn't that funny? My appointments are booked out months. My daughter called yesterday and asked her father to babysit, she has a hair appointment in the city. This is fourth generation where hair appointments are priority.

Lav, I agree with you about the antidepressants, they do not help everyone. Pauly's daughter sounds like she is really suffering so it is worth a try for her, and to keep going to the doc if she needs to try another kind or more or less. She is having a hard time functioning and hopefully will find something to help her. Best outcomes though are therapy and meds. It is alot of work, but so is being anxious. Hey, so is being AF.

Cyn, normally I am not into shopping for Christmas decorations, but go trid of so many when I moved in haste two summers ago. So, I might as well enjoy myself and go all out. Plus, having a little one, their eyes light up with the lights, colors. My grandson has been thrilled with my Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations, and they are minimal. I found someone to help us with cleaning gutters and other things around the house. It will be worth a few hundred bucks so that we don't have to do that stuff. Oh, I read that article and found it IS all about attitude. I like colder temps till 1/1, then I am not so thrilled. But, loving the boots, scarves, sweaters and need to look for a new coat, although I love my worn out leather I have had for years. There is nothing better then curling up in front of a fire with a good book. I plan to do that nightly.

Pauly, I get that about your daughter. My son has moved in and out four times in the past. Our kids know we are always there for them. What does the bumper sticker say? Shit Happens. So true. You have a lot on your plate right now, take care of yourself too.

Have a good one.

Comment

Morning friends, I was actually sleeping gooduntil cramps woke me up,gotta love hhormones that's the thing that bothers me about ad's which one?how much?too much fear and suffering trying to find the right one,and people on them still get depressed and anxious, meh,that's the last I'll say on that,its so funny cuz there's a commercial for a new drug for IBS and its a little pink cartoon guy that's supposed to be intestines and the voice over keeps saying diarrhea, so Louie keeps saying"Nana,there's your diarrhea" everytime it comes on,oh we laugh so hard! It just sounds cute coming out of a 2-year old,Star,good for you on getting someone else to do the gutters,safer and one thing off your list, I got the ingredients to make the zucchini soup,I know the kids won't eat it cuz they're picky but hubs and I can eat the leftovers for lunch, Cyn,I forgot the post office was closed too,after rushed to get a check put in for the internet,duh,Dill,that is nice of Great clips for the Veterans, here they had free pancakes atvIHOP,and free buffets at a casino chain for them very nice,hi Lav,you busy bee,well off to actually fix my hair,yesterday I was so tired I just did a wash and wear,no bueno! Hope everyone has a lovely Thursday

Comment

Working...
                                X