Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just June ~ AF

Good morning friends & welcome to June 2016

Sorry about the name, it's all I could think of at the moment, ha ha!
    I was also thinking about June Justice, we all need a little of that.

Hot & sunny here again today so I guess I will get some gardening stuff done.
    Only 9 days until YB's official retirement, I am holding my breath. I have taken to ignoring his negative talk, it just doesn't require a response, LOL

LB, I am happy to hear you are settling into your own after such a rough time with your husband. Mine was out of the house for 4 years then just returned without explanation. Some of them just need to go figure stuff out I guess.

Hello to Star, Dill, Cyn & Pauly!
    Wishing us all a wonderful AF day & month of June

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Morning friends,Lav,just June is fine,not very inspiring but it does the job LB,I'm soooo glad to read that you're moving on,when I first read about the situation I wanted to say "good riddance" so bad but that felt insensitive and rude,especially since I'm not a regular on your other thread but I feel like you've worked so hard on you and he just seemed to want to stick to the old way of life,we can't change what people are gonna do,just hafta take care of ourselves,I got my Thriftbooks order in yesterday, one looks good,another was dumb so I threw it away,some dating guide? I thought it was a novel when I bought it and From Panic to Power, hopefully it helps me get outta my head!! Kell had her hypnosis appt yesterday but I dunno how it went cuz she avoided all of us after it,even turned off her phone! Bobbi was headed over there as I was going to bed,hopefully she has good news,hello Dill,Cyn,Star,I hope we all have a wonderful Wednesday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the start up Lav! I had forgotten it was already the first of June. Just another June, but hopefully this one will be a good one for each of us.

Pauly, I hope Kell's hypno session went well. Is it strange for her to turn her phone off once in a while? I think sometimes it's a healthy thing to do, not necessarily an avoidance so much as simply taking some 'me' time.

LB, I have a woman that cleans for me and she is a God send! I got in the habit of having a cleaning lady when I was working full time. When I retired I thought I should stop the service, but I haven't. I look forward to the days my cleaning lady comes. She has become a friend and part of the family, too.

It's a beautiful day here. I've been picking things up and putting them away in anticipation of having my house cleaned today! LOL!

Hello Star, Cyn and Eloise!

Let's all have a happy AF Hump Day.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning all - thanks for the start-up Lav. I like the name; no drama!

My houseguest and HB left a little bit ago to drive to the city -- I'm alone all day! Hurrah! Thank goodness I read the book 'Quiet' and so I understand my need for some solitude, especially when it's been people people people, and pedal-to-the-medal. At least no longer feel like a freak or a bad person.

Cooler and dryer here today. Need to put stuff away from the dinner party, do laundry and get the Guest Room ready for SD who will come this weekend. I kind of wish I could go camping somewhere away from everyone, but that's not to be. Ah well. Thank goodness for the AF life; I would never have been able to cope with these last weeks without it.

LB - what a great business you have! I think you must be bringing peace and comfort to your clients - they are very lucky. Lav - good luck deflecting YB's grousing, sheesh. Dill - nice to see you, I hope you have a cool, lovely day. Pauly - I hope you like the book you mentioned; let us know if it is a good one. Star - I hope you are doing well today and moving forward on your landscape plans.

Happy Hump Day, all!

Comment

Good morning...

I am sick, have to call in today, think I have the flu/cold, achy, chills, feverish, stuffy, feel horrible. Don't want to spread it to others, it took a few days of swollen glands and trying to fight it off, looks like I lost the battle for now. Will just sleep, read and make soup, hot outside or not! Thanks for starting Lav, hello to all.

Comment

Good morning Friends,

Star, I'm so sorry you are sick! YUCK. I know you will take good care of yourself. I'll send a virtual pot of home made chicken soup to help you along the road to recovery!

Cyn, your need for solitude is something we have in common. I think back now and see that my need to be alone was a big factor in my crawling into a bottle. There was only room for one in there! I used al to shut out life and people. There are much better/healthier ways to find solitude, that's for sure! As long as we have been on this journey I am amazed that I am STILL discovering things about myself and the why of it all.

Lav, only 8 days to "R-Day" now. I'm counting down with you. What a huge change it will be for YB. You might ought to plan a short trip or two away with your daughter or a gf during the first month or two just for your own sanity!

Hi Pauly, I was thinking the other day while mowing my yard, do you have grass?

Hi LB.

Meeting my gf today for a walk and lunch. It's our last get together before her move. Another long time colleague and friend will join us for the lunch portion. We had so many good times (and sometimes not so good times) over the years of working together. I am hopeful that we will still get together sometimes after she moves, but it will not be the same. Oh well. Life is change.

Let's all have a good AF Thursday.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning friends, happy Thursday!

The clouds have moved in & pushed the sun out but it's only 66 degrees & no rain. I guess this will be a good day to turn up the lights & attack some of the dust & dog/cat hair around here

Star, feel better soon! Lots of liquids & rest help more than anything :hug:

Dill, my daughter just asked if we could squeeze in a two night getaway before she graduates in the middle of August. I am looking for something now for a 'girls only trip', ha ha!
              The recent newsletter from Louise Hay focused on fear & how it controls & holds us back. Here it is if anyone is interested:
              Louise Hay Newsletter

Cyn, I think you need to take a great big break before you wear yourself out :hug:
              Schedule some ME time for yourself, please!

Hi Pauly & LB!

Let's all have a fabulous AF Thursday & focus on preserving our sanity

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends,hear,hear Lav!on preserving our sanity,Star,feel better fast,being sick is worse in warm weather ugh,rest up you know what I read is good for colds? Kudzu! I was looking up its uses cuz I read it can help with quitting smoking and cold came up,interesting,yesterday was a eye opening day for me,I realized that even though I'm not drinking,I'm not the person I want to be and I'm still having to apologize for my ways,first of all,my coworker was in an accident(rollover) on Sat,did I call her,text her to see if she was ok? No,I figured shed want to be left alone,then at work I made a smartass comment about my other coworker not doing haircuts and playing on her phone instead,she got upset of course,then I later gave her a hug and said I was teasing(I wasn't) them we were watching Dr Phil and this guy hated his parents and didn't want to be around them and I teased Brady that's why he's going to Portland, he got mad,so I had to profusely apologize to him,themiI said Bobbi seems like shed be a granola mom,she got irritated and now I hafta apologize to her,cuz we didn't speak all night,I just have a big mouth and I'm done with talking I swear!! I feel like I'm offensive and rude but I think I'm hilarious sorry so long,just writing it out,yesterday there was a tiny baby bird,I think a pigeon on our doormat,think a present from the cat next door,I buried it in my garden cuz it made me sad for some reason,anyways hello Cyn,Dill,Lav,hope we have a great day

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening all - late post here, I left the house early and things just kept chugging all day. Star - so sorry you are sick!! Rest and liquids, for sure -- it's hard to stay well with all these allergens, I feel like I'm always fighting something off. Dill - I absolutely agree with you about using AL to shut out life and people - you describe it exactly. It was a real danger for me, and I look back and see how often I used it to get through periods of doing too much and not taking care of myself. At least now in sobriety I'm just tired, not hung over and guilty!! Lav - the trip with your daughter sounds great. Thanks for the 'me' time reminder. My BD is on Sunday, and I actually told HB that I will be spending part of the day by myself. He was a little hurt and puzzled, but he basically understands. I wish that I could take a long hike, but I don't think I'll be up to that... there are gorgeous big gardens (Innisfree) not too far away, and I think I'll go there and just take my time and soak it all up in quiet and mindfulness. Later in the evening HB has invited a few friends over for cake. I didn't really want to do that either, but didn't want to hurt his feelings even more!! Pauly - it sounds like you are being pretty hard on yourself! But it is interesting to continue to find out things about ourselves during our sobriety journey, as Dill said. It's great to get to know ourselves better (and to know that we can change the stuff we don't particularly like!!).

Wishing all a good Thursday evening-- Star, I sure hope you are feeling better by now... ginger tea with ACV and honey!! Take care all --

Comment

Tree girl I really like that part about being able to change the things we don't like about ourselves.
                    Hope you enjoyed cleaning day Dill.
                    We're in a bit of a rainy spell here. That's ok. It's not quite as hot when it rains.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Good morning...

I am definitely on the mend today, I rested all day yesterday and made chicken soup, lots of liquids and rest. Luckily it is Friday and after I make it though today I can take it easy this weekend. No plans except housework stuff.

Lav, a trip with your daughter will be fun, good for you. Retirement for both of you will be an adjustment, know you'll make a success of it as you always do. I loved the newsletter by Louise Hay, she is all about peace and loving yourself, great stuff.

Dill, have fun with your girlfriend. I miss having someone close, still have not met someone closer to my age, my friends are more my daughter's age and we are on different life paths.

Cyn, sounds like your husband is super social and you need and appreciate a little down time. That compromise is so important in marriage.

Little Beagle, what part of thte country are you from? Hot and humid here in the Midwest with a chance of rain. Inside time for me to relax and feel better.

Pauly, sounds like you just had a bad day, I've had those too. I have to be more mindful of what comes out of my mouth My son still has not found a job and after an interview that resulted in another rejection, I was trying to encourage him, and think I may have hurt his feelings. Not on purpose for sure.

Have an AF Friday.

Comment

Morning all -

Great to see you here, LB. I hope the cooling continues for you --

Star, how great that you feel a bit better! Congrats on staying in and giving yourself some room to heal. So sorry to hear about your son - I really hope that he finds the right fit for him. Are there any services around you that provide coaching on job interviews and resumes, etc.? I know that sometimes just being given some pointers on how to present oneself can be a real help in interviews. Good luck with all of it.

Hello Lav and Dill -- wishing you all a great AF Friday!

Comment

Good morning friends & happy Friday to all

Woke up to the sound of tropical rain & thought for a quick second that I was somewhere on vacation, ha ha! No such luck!
                          Guess I'll take advantage of the weather & stay inside & get some cleaning done.

Pauly, stop being so hard on yourself, please!
                          Thinking negative things only produces more negativity. I really believe you get back what you put out there. Staying positive has helped me thru so much since starting my quit. Make sure you go back & look at that link I posted for Louise Hay.

Dill, it's so difficult maintaining friends at this age. I really appreciate my old work friends & being able to gather them together once in a while. I hope you enjoyed your friend day.

Cyn, I hope you have a very happy birthday & a chance to escape to Innisfree. Have you ever run into Martha Stewart there? Lol
                          I like to spend a day roaming around Longwood Gardens too but not in the rain. Give yourself the gift of good self-care this weekend

Star, glad you are feeling better. There's no good time to be sick, that's for sure!
                          I hope your weekend is restorative for you.
                          I'm thinking your son is probably feeling especially sensitive right now due to his job troubles. I hope something comes along very soon for him.

LB, I just don't do hot & humid very well. The universe planted me on the right part of the country, ha ha!!
                          Enjoy the coolness while it lasts

I am giving Curves a skip today to rest my aching left foot. That two year old stress fracture is giving me fits again, ouch!
                          Have a wonderful AF day everyone!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends,Star,glad you're feeling better Lav,its not really being hard on myself,its more like Cyn pointed out about being able to change what I don't like about myself,iIthink before i speak and sometimes its inappropriate, you should know,I'vebbeen posting here for years and even I can't believe what I write sometimes,its the same in real life,ttime to use my filter LB,hope you have a great day,Dill,you too,not much up today for me,ssupposed to go to the therapist guy but Iguess Im watching Lou all day so we'll see,have a great Friday all

Comment

Hello Friends,

Lav, thanks for the Hay House link. I might sign up for a trial membership so I can listen to the archive podcasts. Looks like lots of good stuff!

Star, Pauly, Cyn, LB, I'm short on time today. It's volunteer day and I had lots to do here at home before getting out the door. This volunteer job is almost too much I'm thinking. I'll leave the house at 10:30 and won't be home until 4:30!

Have a great day everyone!
                              Dill

Comment

Working...
                              X