Just June ~ AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Thursday morning friends

Reporting in from my granddaughter's house, busy but fun times.

Star, I sure hope you feel better soon, geez! No wonder you were feeling so lousy.

LB, it was 50 degrees here this morning, very nice, ha ha!
    I'm sure the heat & humidity will be back soon enough! Enjoy your somewhat cooler day today

Pauly, here you go:
    Welcome to Cafe Du Monde New Orleans | Cafe Du Monde French Market Coffee Stand
    We enjoyed several trips there for beignets & coffee. We still order their coffee online.

Dill & Cyn, I hope you are noth having a good day!

Be well everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello all -

Star - I'm so sorry about the bronchitis!! Gosh, you must take time and heal - that's nothing to fool around with. So glad to hear that your son got a job - excellent!

Dill - Best of luck to your son! I think that the business world found out how in 2008 how to make lots of money when they laid people off, and they have never returned to full hiring. Very very very unfair.

Lav - whew, what a schedule - good luck with all the grandkids! And of course, good luck with YB. I' sending you shielding light!

Pauly - what a wonderful description of your moment of 'peace'. I hope that you re-capture it some time.

I expect it sounds like a trip is a good thing, but honestly, I am so anxious to get back to some kind of normal life. Family vaca just means me having to get all the dog stuff and the house ready for the dog sitter, pack up a ton of food, and cook while we are away. I am OVER taking care of people - with all the visitors, I have really had it. I want to go home and do my own stuff, so I'll just get through the next day and a half. Sorry to sound ungrateful, but I think routine is crucial for me, and its' been way too long.

Well, off to feed SD's dog - I begged off a whale-watch today, I'm just too worn out to go out in the wind and the waves. I think they are having a good time.

Wishing all health and peace of body and mind tonight --- AF --

Comment

Cyn,that's kinda how Ifeel but of course i feel guilty feeling that way,I just feel like my daughter and bf's visit has gone on too long, I'm ready for my old routine back and since Brady's going and I'mnnervous about it, I'd rather rip the bandaid off fast instead of this build up,that way Ican just get it over and dealt with,rant over! Thanks for voicing your ffeelings,I feel less alone with mine now
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello All,

Cyn, you do not sound ungrateful to me. You just sound like someone who needs a rest and the comfort of your routine. I don't blame you one bit! To be honest, I was surprised when you mentioned going on a vaca so soon on the heels of all the guests. I bet you just need time out in nature and time to your sweet self. Hang in there!

Pauly, I loved the description of your moment of feeling close to God. It's a rare and wonderful thing to get to a place of such stillness that that feeling of peace can enter your heart. Awesome. I've felt that way a very few times over the years. It's special. I like the way you spell 'benyays'! LOL

LB, I have a brother in Baton Rouge and my daughter is in New Orleans. I've been to Louisiana many, many times!

Lav, good for your son knowing what he wanted and going for it! I know you have to be so proud of him.

Star, wonderful news about your son! I'm so happy for you having that burden of worry lifted. Sorry about the bronchitis. I hope you get better fast.

Not much going on here today other than just flat out beautiful weather so lots more time spent outside.

Wishing all a peaceful AF night.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning, what a great bunch of posts!

Lav, checked out the link you offered, looked like a great place for coffee and french pastry! I want to go, I have never been to New Orleans. Please stay close to us as your routine changes and YB is adjusting to his new life! We are here for you.

LB, how are you doing? Hot here for the next several days, 90s and humid, joy! I am supposed to go to a work picnic on Saturday, I'll have too see how I feel. I love summer, even the heat!

Dill, thanks for the congrats for my son, I am praying this is the job he has been working and waiting for! He just needs to find a good fit, accepting environment and he should be fine. He wants to work, be useful, make money. As we all do! So glad you are enjoying your summer, you deserve it.

Pauly, I though your post was beautiful! It is a gift to feel the Presence, that awareness and awe. I may have said this before, but it seems to me that from the time we have a child, we are letting them go too. We have to, and it is hard. So, know we are here for you.

Cyn, wanting time to yourself and a routine is natural, especially for a person who tends to be introverted. I know, that is me. I can only take so much time out of my routine, then I want it back. I also have to have alone time, to myself, to read, think, be. It is just who I am, and I now accept that. That is why my husband and I decided to take time off just an hour away, we can come home if we want, no air travel which is stressful and time consuming. No being with a group and having to do what they want to do, even though that can be fun. I hope I don't sound selfish, but I like my routine, work, coming home, relaxing, enjoying my home. Hope you get what you need in the near future. Thanks for sharing.

I am finally feeling a bit better, I think the antibiotics are starting to kick in, and today is FRIDAY! So, have a good one and treasure being AF.

Comment

Morning friends,anybody deal with low blood sugar?I can't seems to shake the needing to eat every 3-4 hours feeling, morning is the worst cuz I feel like I'm having a panic attack, eat and feel instantly better,I'm trying to eat more protein stuff but it still is a struggle, hubs has it too,so weird,I'm exhausted by the work week this week, just over it,and now I'm realizing that the kids only have a few days here and that makes me sad,how wishy-washy am I,sheesh,yesterday I wanted my space and now I'm moping? What a dingaling! Anyways,hello Lav,Star,Cyn,Dill,LB,hey I thought Eloise said she was gonna join us for June? Maybe I read it wrong as I tend to do sometimes, hope everyone has a blessed day(and my mood gets better)

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just a quick hello from me!
                I have been on the go ALL day. I ended up with all 3 grandkids here today & my daughter. It was nice but exhausting, ha ha!

Star, I am glad to hear you are starting to feel human again. I forgot yesterday to say congrats to your son for landing the job. I hope it all works out well for him!

Cyn, it may be just me but I really get the feeling that you need to do some boundary work woman!!! It seems like your loved ones are taking advantage of your sweet nature - I hope that's not the case but it's pretty typical, don't you think? Please don't allow yourself to be pushed over your limits, OK? :hug:

Dill, sounds like your week has been pretty nice. Kids, boats, nice weather, yay!

Pauly, I have been thru periods in my life where I felt like I was dealing with low blood sugar issues too. The thing is I actually checked my blood sugar a few times when I had that raunchy feeling & my level was fine. My B/P was also fine. So what was going on?? I seriously think it was all hormonal related. Working in a hospital gave me easy access to Accu checks, blood count checks, etc. I think my hormones were getting goofy & made worse by the shift work.
                One important thing that helps is staying away from concentrated sweets. Candy, soda, honey, sweetened cereals & the list goes on. Upping your protein intake, especially in the mornings helps a lot. Finding balance with food & exercise is vital. Have you thought about things you can do to occupy yourself when the kids go? Instead of focusing on the negative aspects try looking at the positive side, the possibilities. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a little quality alone time. Put that time to good use!

Time for some sleep. Peace to all tonight. I'll check in tomorrow after the boys go home.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Well, hope I do feel better today, I started coughing at work and left early afternoon, exhausted. So, chilled out at home, rested and feel better today. I am not going to te work event, I am just focusing, again, on resting and feeling better. I feel summer is passing me by, with work and sickness. (I get dramatic when I feel sick). Have to get my hair done, then hanging out at home, I have not cleaned for two weeks now, although with just the two of us it is not that dirty.

Lav, what a fun day. I hope to see my grandson who is just starting to put words together, on Sunday. That is wny I must get well. I have to see him!

Hello to Cyn, Pauly, LB, and Dill, have a great Saturday to all!!!

Comment

Good morning Friends, sorry for my absence yesterday. I got up and busy very early because I knew I had to be out of the house all day volunteering. I made a curry in the cock pot for one thing, and did house chores too. I didn't get back online at all after I got home. The job was less stressful. I'm getting a handle on the cashing out and feel much more confident so that is not a problem anymore.

Star, I'm glad you are feeling better. I see that you are posting on abcowboy's thread sometimes and hope you don't mind that I read your post there about drinking beer. I was surprised that you even drank beer. I did, back in the day, but once I got to the point where I was no longer in control of my drinking I stayed away from beer because of the calories. I would have to have a 6 pack or not bother getting started. I hate even thinking about it! I wonder when exactly I lost control of my drinking. It must have happened gradually is all I can figure. But it did happen and that's a fact. I am so much happier now, especially going to social functions. I enjoy not drinking and being able to just be with the people and be genuine.

Lav, wow! What a busy day you had yesterday! You deserve some rest. Your family is lucky to have you in their lives. So great that you are af and can be there for them. How's it going with YB? It sounds like you are too busy to let him bother you! LOL!

Pauly, yes, Eloise did say she would start posting here in June. I have been looking for her too.

Cyn, you will be back home and in your routine before you know it. Hang in there!

Grandkids here today so I'll be busy. Have a great Saturday everyone.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning friends,just wanted to say hi quick question, do eggs make any of you feel kinda"off"? I read that too much choline can cause sluggish and depressed behavior, I'm wondering cuz I recently started eating them daily and I just dunno anymore,hope we all have a great Saturday

Comment

Hello all - I'm HOME! What a blessing. Those 3 days away seemed like 2 weeks! I must say that I did get some good rest on the day that I was alone, and so my perspective is better. Thanks to you all for your kind understanding of my 'out-of-sorts' feelings. Lav, I do need to figure out boundaries better; what a karmic issue that is for me. And HB and his kid need to figure out some boundaries, or I'm not going to go on 'vacations' with them anymore. Really, I get that people have issues to work out, but honestly, every time they get together there is another 'therapy' session, and after 15 years, I'm over it! Enough said.

Pauly - in addition to what Lav wrote about blood sugar, I would say to have some 'good' fats - avocado and nuts every so often, that really helps me stay stable, along with only whole grains - no refined grains or sugar. Try it for a few weeks, I think you'll really feel a difference emotionally! I know that I got 'cranky' when I had guests and family time because I was not respecting the diet that I need to stay on - I had refined sugar and wheat, and more dairy than usual. It did not help my moods, that's for sure. Good luck.

Dill - I love to hear that you are having fabulous weather, that's so great. So glad to hear that the volunteer job is getting less stressful - good for you!

Lav - another marathon for you with the gkids, wow. They are lucky!

Star - gosh, this is a tough bug -- I hope you got some rest today - the house cleaning can wait!!! I hope you feel good enough to go see you gson tomorrow.

Well, on our return I can see that I have to do some research on improving lawns organically. One whole side yard is now just a pile of nasty weedy growths, and they are threatening the big lawn now. I've never done anything with the lawn, as I don't use either fertilizers or weed-killers; but I need to find out some organic approaches. (Or it's all going to get mulched over!!!)

Wishing all a happy AF Saturday night.

Comment

Good evening friends!

As of 9 pm I am a free woman, ha ha!!
                          My son returned after a 36 hr shift, picked them up & took them home. I had them showered & in their jammies so all he had to do was put them to bed. Don't when their mother is getting home, some time tonight.
                          Hot & humid here again today & we didn't get the storms that were predicted.

pauly, a friend of mine suddenly developed an egg & sunflower seed allergy after eating them all her life, weird but possible. Why don't you hold the eggs for a while & see how you feel?

Star, I hope you feel well enough to enjoy a visit with your grandson this weekend.

Dill, it's true that I have been busy & preoccupied since YB's retirement & that's just fine. My plan all along was to avoid being dragged into his ego trips anyway!!
                          I'm glad you are feeling better about your volunteer job. Have fun with the kids this weekend.

Cyn, I think I would draw a moratorium on those stress filled 'family vacations' as well.
                          Who needs that sh*t?
                          We have 2 1/2 acres of grass here that is primarily weeds. I don't even care as long as it's holding the mud down, ha ha!
                          Rodale's has a good organic lawn guide:
                          Your 6-Step Organic Lawn Plan
                          Good luck

I'm beat so I'll just wish everyone a peaceful night!

Lab
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

My best time to post is the morning, so here I go.

Dill, after reading the thread about people not posting/participating, I am trying to post more on other threads, rather than just read them. I appreciate the fact that others make the effort to tell there stories, experiences, etc., and don't want this thread to go away. Yes, in the past I drank beer, and other things, but in the end, it doesn't matter, it is all alcohol. And alcohol and I are not a good fit. I have that allergy that one is too many, 100 is not enough, so I am committed to being AF and living the best life I can. I agree with you, I cannot imagine where I would be if I was drinking today, oh yeah, hell. Glad your job is getting a bit better, a new activity like that takes time to get used to.

Pauly, I became allergic to nuts after eating them my entire life, so I have no idea if you are allergic to eggs. We are all unique and need and respond to different foods, so keep experimenting.

Lav, how fun to have your gsons! Great idea to keep as busy as possible and detached in a healthy way from YB. Is he doing OK? Hope so.

Cyn, I know what your mean about family vacations, short and sweeter can be better. I also tend to exhaust myself with cooking, cleaning, picking up, and on and on when I am with a family group. It is tough though, because spending time together is a good thing too.

Shout out to LB, hope your weekend is good.

I am slowly getting better as the antibiotics kick in, but still coughing from time to time, especially as the day goes on and I get tired. So, taking time out to rest and take care of myself. Did not clean yesterday, just did laundry and went out for Japanese stir-fry which was good. Oh, and we drove around in the country, it was beautiful, I kind of feel like summer is passing me by, so that helped. Have a great Sunday, all.

Comment

Morning friends,I've no clue if its an egg allergy or not,I've only recently been trying a lower carb eating way,I hate eggs anyway, only tolerated them cuz it seemed like a quick,easy way to get protein,Star,I think its great you're posting on other threads,sometimes I feel like not even posting at all anywhere cuz I feel like I'm talking to myself,I selfishly get kinda resentful,I've seen in the nest where Lav has said goodnight and good morning back to back several times,I just dunno where the people went,makes me sad went for a late anniversary dinner yesterday and I had a club sandwich and hubs orders a bunless burger,I was mad cuz I wanted a bite of his and he looked ridiculous scrounging through the lettuce for the burger part haha,oh well at least he's trying to be healthy hello Dill,and Cyn,off for an Advil for my aching sinuses,have a super Sunday

Comment

Happy Sunday all -

Gosh, is there talk that people are not participating on the site? I've only ever posted on our little thread, since the beginning. I wonder why there is a change... I hope that we can keep going, I am very appreciative of the ideas and support here!

Star - Don't worry, summer hasn't even started yet! (technically). It's not even mid-June, so I hope that you can rest and get completely well and healed, and then you'll be able to be in your gorgeous yard when it's done.

Lav - thanks so much for the Rodale link. Even with taking a month off of the bush-whacking, I've kept my spirits up. But when I started researching the stuff that's in my lawn - uuuuugh, I got kind of down. I'm glad to hear about your yard! It looks like we should aerate and organically fertilize, and that may help fight off the weeds. Whatever. I'm still going to concentrate on the woodlands - they are really coming along - lots of kinds of ferns, and now even Jack-in-the-pulpits are coming up. Hurrah!

Dill - I hope you are enjoying yourself out on your boat.

LB - any break in the humidity for you? We have a nice breeze here today, that's always welcome.

Pauly - good luck getting everything figured out, it takes time. PS - we always 'hear' you when you post! Hang in there ---

I'm grateful for a clear-headed AF day. I spent 3 hours working on the woodland this morning, now it's time to get caught up on bills (eeek!).

Sending thoughts to Orlando and all the pain there...

Comment

Working...
                                X