QUOTES for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money. ~Susan Heller

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~Lao Tzu

Comment

QUOTES for today

It is not down in any map; true places never are. ~Herman Melville

Comment

QUOTES for today

I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble.

Rudyard Kipling

Comment

QUOTES for today

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Comment

QUOTES for today

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Winston Churchill

Comment

QUOTES for today

In my day, we didn't have self-esteem, we had self-respect, and no more of it than we had earned. ~Jane Haddam

Comment

QUOTES for today

The willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life is the source from which self-respect springs. ~Joan Didion

Comment

QUOTES for today

To free us from the expectations of others, to give us back to ourselves - there lies the great, singular power of self-respect. ~Joan Didion

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Great minds have purposes, little minds have wishes."
                      – Washington Irving

Comment

QUOTES for today

"When one's expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have."
                        – Stephen Hawking

Comment

QUOTES for today

"It's not what you are, but what you don't become that hurts."
                          – Oscar Levant

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Defensive strategy never has produced ultimate victory."
                            – General Douglas MacArthur

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."
                              – Samuel Beckett

Comment

QUOTES for today

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard, The Note Book, 1927

Comment

Working...
                                X