QUOTES for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

Though he should conquer a thousand men in the battlefield a thousand times, yet he, indeed, who would conquer himself is the noblest victor.
    "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

QUOTES for today

?Never let go of hope.... One day you will see that it all has finally come together. What you have always wished for has finally come to be. You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask yourself... 'How did I get through all of that??----Unknown
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

QUOTES for today

“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech” William Shakespeare

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

QUOTES for today

"We cannot swing up on a rope that is attached only to our own belt."
            – William Ernest Hocking

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.-- Reggie Leach

Comment

QUOTES for today

"An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be"
                Anonymous.
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

QUOTES for today

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. ~Mark Twain
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

QUOTES for today

For each new morning with its light,
                    For rest and shelter of the night,
                    For health and food, for love and friends,
                    For everything Thy goodness sends.
                    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

QUOTES for today

'The unexamined life is not worth living.'

Socrates (when facing a choice between a sentence of death and renouncing his teachings).
                      "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

QUOTES for today

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening.-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

QUOTES for today

I believe in recovery, and I believe that as a role model I have the responsibility to let young people know that you can make a mistake and come back from it.-- Ann Richards

Comment

QUOTES for today

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.-- Bertrand Russell, Marriage and Morals (1929) ch. 5

Comment

QUOTES for today

When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire.-- Whoopi Goldberg

Comment

QUOTES for today

If you really want to do something, you do it. You don't save it for a sound bite.-- Liz Friedman, House M.D., Hunting, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X