QUOTES for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~Mark Twain
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Superhuman effort isn't worth a damn unless it achieves results." —Ernest Shackleton
      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."

Buddha
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

QUOTES for today

Love

Comment

QUOTES for today

ThisWayOut....

"Love builds bridges where there are none."
            -R. H. Delaney
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

QUOTES for today

Don't simply retire from something; have something to retire to.-- Harry Emerson Fosdick

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
                ----------------------
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

QUOTES for today

Cynicism is not realistic and tough. It's unrealistic and kind of cowardly because it means you don't have to try.-- Peggy Noonan, in Good Housekeeping

Comment

QUOTES for today

I'm not afraid of facts, I welcome facts but a congeries of facts is not equivalent to an idea. This is the essential fallacy of the so-called "scientific" mind. People who mistake facts for ideas are incomplete thinkers; they are gossips.-- Cynthia Ozick

Comment

QUOTES for today

Only as you do know yourself can your brain serve you as a sharp and efficient tool. Know your own failings, passions, and prejudices so you can separate them from what you see.-- Bernard M. Baruch

Comment

QUOTES for today

I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.-- Charles M. Schulz, Charlie Brown in "Peanuts"

Comment

QUOTES for today

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.-- Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken

Comment

QUOTES for today

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.-- Jef Mallett, Frazz, 04-04-07

Comment

QUOTES for today

mario;919816 wrote: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.-- Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
                              One of my fave poems Mario, just realised I remember it by heart from school. Thanks for reminding me. xx
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

QUOTES for today

My main man........The voice of so many cartoons : Bugs Bunny , Yosimate Sam, etc....
                                " That's all Folks"
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X