QUOTES for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.-- Franklin D. Roosevelt, Pan American Day address, April 15, 1939

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~Les Brown
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

QUOTES for today

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

QUOTES for today

"They say that man is the head of the house.....but the woman is the neck. They can turn the head anyway they want....Ha!"

Old Greek saying......( Sorry could'nt find the old Greek that said it ! Ha!)
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more."
            – Louis L'Amour

Comment

QUOTES for today

It seems to me that people have vast potential. Most people can do extraordinary things if they have the confidence or take the risks. Yet most people don't. They sit in front of the telly and treat life as if it goes on forever.-- Philip Adams

Comment

QUOTES for today

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.-- Dr. Seuss

Comment

QUOTES for today

If your head is wax, don't walk in the sun.-- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

QUOTES for today

To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle.-- Confucius

Comment

QUOTES for today

To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle.-- Confucius

Comment

QUOTES for today

I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall.
                        - Eleanor Roosevelt
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

QUOTES for today

For every person who might reject you if you live your truth, there are ten others who will embrace you and welcome you home.
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up."
                            – Anne Lamott

Comment

QUOTES for today

And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.-- Earl Mac Rauch, from "Buckaroo Bansai"

Comment

QUOTES for today

"When we have come to the end of all the light we have ever known

And take our first tentative steps into the darkness of the unknown

We must believe one of two things:

Either that there will be solid ground upon which we can stand;

Or that we will be taught to fly".

S. Martin
                                AF since 13th July 2010
                                NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X