QUOTES for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

chillgirl;785278 wrote: Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    Hi to all - I "Googled" the quote and it was said by "Gautama Buddha"

P.S. Chill congrats on being AF since 01/01 - and congrats to all others who are managing to be AF or modding and have started off their New Year with success...
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

QUOTES for today

Thanks for the info Stirly! Buddha was a smart guy. Congrats to you too and hoping all is well in your new year!

Here's one:
      "The 'secret' of life... is to develop the power and courage to return to that which we have spent a lifetime hiding from." - Charlotte Joko Beck

Take care.
      tw
      Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

QUOTES for today

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. ~ Carl Jung
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

All men are sculptors, constantly chipping away the unwanted parts of their lives, trying to create their idea of a masterpiece.*
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

"The world is divided between those who think they're right!"

Comment

QUOTES for today

Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own.* You may both be wrong.* ~Dandemis

AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with." -- Mark Twain
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Mothers, no matter how old they get, always monitor their middle-aged children for signs that they're growing up."

Comment

QUOTES for today

HAPPINESS IS AN INSIDE JOB.......
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
                      ? Judy Garland

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

"They can because they think they can" - Virgil

Comment

QUOTES for today

Happy is the person who can laugh at himself. He will never cease to be amused.
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Every decision you make indicates what you think you are worth!
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

There is no doubt that the first requirement for a composer is to be dead.-- Arthur Honegger

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is, he's stuck with so many bad actors who don't know how to play funny
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X