QUOTES for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

Touch a thistle timidly, and it pricks you; grasp it boldly, and its spines crumble."
    – Admiral William Halsey

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

Kindness expands the light within us and reaches out to touch the light in others as well. This can change the world.

Comment

QUOTES for today

Mario I will let you go 1st with grabbing the thistle
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

After the game
          the king and the pawn go into the same box.
          Italian Proverb
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

If the train doesn't stop at your station...... It's simply not your train.
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.-- Eddie Cantor

Comment

QUOTES for today

There was something awesome in the thought of the solitary mortal standing by the open window and summoning in from the gloom outside the spirits of the nether world.-- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Comment

QUOTES for today

"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."
                  – Diane Ackerman

Comment

QUOTES for today

"“No matter how ephemeral it is, a novel is something, while despair is nothing.”
                    Mario Vargas Llosa, who was just awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. Way to go, Mario.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                    - Vernon Howard

Comment

QUOTES for today

You've got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice. ~Steven D. Woodhull

Comment

QUOTES for today

Die happily and look forward to taking up a new and better form.
                        Like the sun, only when you set in the west can you rise in the east.
                        – Jelaluddin Rumi
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow,
                          but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.....
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Topsy-Turvy-Tracy;975779 wrote: "?No matter how ephemeral it is, a novel is something, while despair is nothing.?
                            Mario Vargas Llosa, who was just awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. Way to go, Mario.
                            Thanks tracy

Comment

QUOTES for today

“A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.”
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

You can't choose the ways in which you'll be tested.-- Robert J. Sawyer, "Calculating God", 2000

Comment

Working...
                                X