QUOTES for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

Insanity: drinking over and over again and expecting different results.

With apologies to Albert Einstein.

Comment

QUOTES for today

"I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character."
      – Theodore Roosevelt

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition.-- Sir William Osler, to his students

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Trust your hunches. They're usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level."
          – Dr. Joyce Brothers

Comment

QUOTES for today

The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others.-- Hasidic Saying

Comment

QUOTES for today

Why do you hasten to remove anything which hurts your eye, while if something affects your soul you postpone the cure until next year?*
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

A man that don’t believe in destiny don’t need to know what his destiny is.-- Laura Moncur, Merriton, 08-20-08

Comment

QUOTES for today

When ideas fail, words come in very handy.-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Comment

QUOTES for today

Nobody, as long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life, is without trouble.-- Carl Jung

Comment

QUOTES for today

The only people who can change the world are people who want to. And not everybody does.-- Hugh Macleod, How To Be Creative: 17. Merit can be bought. Passion can't. , 08-22-04

Comment

QUOTES for today

“Part of the happiness of life consists not in fighting battles, but in avoiding them. A masterly retreat is in itself a victory.”
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Far away in the sunshine are my highest inspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
                          – Louisa May Alcott

Comment

QUOTES for today

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.-- Eleanor Roosevelt__________________

Comment

QUOTES for today

“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

" If you dont change your clean date will." -That one has kept me sober all this week.
                                I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X