on the wagon tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the wagon tomorrow!

Hi, Lee - ditto what Donna said - sorry late to respond. Welcome and stay with us. The board is full of great people and a lot of support; I downloaded the book and it has helped. I too am not taking the meds but I do take supps and vitamins and that seems to help. I'm fairly new; haven't made it without a drink past the 4-day mark yet but I keep getting up and trying.

I understand about quitting a job from stress - boy do I. Good for you. You are right, now is the perfect time to do it and hopefully as the weather gets nicer that will also give you more peace. Winters sometimes drag us even farther down, so now is a good time in the respect, too.

Best wishes and hugs
    Cathy

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

I can't encourage everyone enough to get the script for topa. Why struggle more then already is gonna happen. Gives more time to focus on the good things like how you feel better. And I thought I didnt have hangovers. I was just used to it. I'm only on day 6 today (ya....keep your fingers and toes crossed for me too Nancy) but one thing of many I am enjoying is feelin good in the morning. Anyway......get topa! gabby

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Wagon Today

Good morning all. I have not posted much but needed to get this off my brain. I had the worst weekend binge ever! I drank 8 bottles of wine in 2.5 days. I feel horrible today and called in sick. I drink to pass the time as I am so lonely. I also am missing out on a whole lot of like drinking through my weekends. My problem has escalated immensley.

I tried taking the supps but they seemed to conflict with my Zoloft. I will get the book and maybe the cd's.

Thanks for listening.
        Peb

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Re: Wagon Today

Hi, Pebs. I understand, as pretty much everyone here does. Calling in sick makes you feel even worse. I am so sorry to hear that you are lonely? Do you want to talk about it at all? Is there something we can recommend to help?

I too am not taking the meds because I am on xanax and worried about possible interactions. I do the supps and vitamins, though and they seem to help.

Did you download the book? That helps. STaying on the board and chatting and talking helps, too. Have you visited the chat room? That is a great place - well, the whole site, actually, with lots of great folks to support you. Keep well and try to calm down. I know it's hard, esp. after a bad weekend, but try to relax and do something you enjoy -- read, tv, knit - whatever it might be.
          Best and hugs
          Cathy

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

can i just say thanks to all the posts of support and best wishes. i appreciate it.

pebbles, i think you should become a registered user as this place can really help, even if it is just to post your thoughts and problems. I can't talk about the supps or book because i haven't tried them. i don't know why i feel so reluctant to try these things, i just do. anyway please carry on posting, it will help.

i feel ashamed to say this. I will be having a few drinks tonight.. i'm sorry. i won't be going over the top but i thought it would be better to try and cut down quickly rather than just stop altogether. that would be very very hard at the moment. it was my plan to just stop but i have had some more bad news today regarding work and my head is in absolute bits. i'm sorry. i so look forward to the day when i can put a post up saying "i did it". sorry for rambling.i'm not giving up. lj

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

lj, (or is it Lee?) what happened about work today? Do you want to talk? We can do it in this thread or get on the chat board and we can talk live. YOu are not rambling. We all need support; that is why we are here. Listen, I had kind of a crappy day, too. I just found out I have high cholesterol - I have been an Atkins disciple for years - lost 50 lbs - but at what cost, as my doc said? I have to relearn all my eating habits while also trying to quit drinking AND quit smoking (that last about smoking is my own issue - I may be taking on too much). Want to chat? I'm in the room right now.
              Hugs
              Cathy
              P.S. doesn't matter if you are drinking -- most of us have been on the board while under the influence and as long as you don't swear, etc. we'll talk, kay?

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

hi cathy i've just tried chat but i'm not sure what i'm doing!. don't even know if i can be seen in there!.

regarding work, i've been on the sick for a few days now due to stress caused by a bullying and victimising manager. i phoned in this morning and they are refusing to pay my sick pay. this is huge, as i stand to lose everything unless i get my pay. the stress is immense and unless i get another job within a few days i am absolutely screwed.

so i hope people can understand that i need to take things slowly. Again i'm sorry for being so damn weak but i will get there.i will pack in drinking.

p.s one thing at a time cathy! have a smoke if it helps you. just not too many eh.

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Hey Peb,
                  The wine does more to counteract your zoloft than any sups could ever do!
                  Zoloft is an anit-depressant.
                  Wine is a depressant.
                  Cut out the wine or at least cut way down and you will begin to feel better.
                  Nancy....been there...

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Hey Lee,

Augustin Burroughs detoxed himself and came down off alcohol poisoning using hard cider in "Dry". It was absolutely horrifying to read,:eek and I couldn't put the darn book down either! Detox is no picnic when you're trying to do it yourself. Do you have the insurance to get to a center for a least a few days, buddy? At 130 units a week (that's drinks, right?) or about 18/day, you may just need that medical backup. Don't want you to think you've got spiders crawling all over you, or such like, Lee! Or hallucinating even worse things.

Unless you've been through this already and know what to expect, I can't help but feel a bit worried, which is why I'm acting like a mother hen, here.

I'm sorry you won't consider some of the supps, Lee, cause some of them can help a lot, but I will support you as you try to find you way out.

Keep trying, my friend!

Kathy

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

alcohol

hi im new to this! im an alcoholic..groan bet u not heard that before! just would like to talk to people who understand

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

alcohol

hi patty, im new to all this, u sound alot like me, know all bout withdrawels! im new to this site, we would really like to chat to people who are going through what im going through

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

alcohol

hi there, dont even know if my messages coming up!. ist time ive been on this site, and i have to say the messages ive read have been so supportive, i dont feel so alone now in my problem x

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

wagon today

does anyone on this site need a drink in the morning?? i do and feel so bad bout it, been on detox once, done reduced drinking twice and felt great, then before i know it im searching for the bottle and back to square one, im from the uk and feel so alone, my family have been supportive but each time i fall off the wagon, they ask the dreaded question why!i cant even answer that, i have a great alcohol counciller who sticks by me, why is it so hard??

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Re: wagon today

hey star!

your messages are coming up. i've just logged on and found three of your posts, i do need a drink in the morning and i have been doing this for a while now. sometimes i will carry it on through the day, other times i will just have a couple and then stop. i too am from the uk and also struggle to explain to people why i can't stop drinking.

if you need any help give me a shout.

come back to the board eh. speak soon. lj.

Comment

on the wagon tomorrow!

Re: wagon today

just want to say thanks to cathy.

that really does mean a lot. i can do this and i will. doing ok upto now. i'll keep you posted.lj.x

Comment

Working...
                                X